It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember When a Sitting US President Had a Foreign Agency Search for Dirt on a Presidential Candidat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com...

More documents out of the Obama State Department showing that Christopher Steele, Glen Simpson had special access to a person called Jonathan Winer who was the Libya guy in the Kerry State Department. And Winer was working Victoria Nuland and a top aide for Steny Hoyer, the incoming majority leader at the time, well, yhes, soon to be majority at the time, after the election, all about Russia and obviously targeting Trump.

www.politico.com...

Christopher Steele, the former British spy behind the infamous “dossier” on President Donald Trump’s ties to Russia, was interviewed for 16 hours in June by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Steele was initially reluctant to speak with the American investigators because of the potential impropriety of his involvement in an internal DOJ probe as a foreign national and retired British intelligence agent.

www.wsj.com...
Now we've got some furor over this supposedly repeating itself only with the players being the Trump White House using a foreign government to get dirt on Obama's former VP, rather than it being Obama's Justice Department using a foreign government to dig dirt on Donald Trump. I know, I know... some folks will say "But Burd, Steele was a UK intelligence agent... and the US has a special relationship with the UK. President Trump pulled this with the Ukrainian government, which goes beyond what Obama's justice department did and the Trump administration used a bit of quid pro quo to get the Ukraine to help them." Hmmm...
Well, there is this little tidbit...
thehill.com...

As Donald Trump began his meteoric rise to the presidency, the Obama White House summoned Ukrainian authorities to Washington to coordinate ongoing anti-corruption efforts inside Russia’s most critical neighbor.

The January 2016 gathering, confirmed by multiple participants and contemporaneous memos, brought some of Ukraine’s top corruption prosecutors and investigators face to face with members of former President Obama’s National Security Council (NSC), FBI, State Department and Department of Justice (DOJ).

The agenda suggested the purpose was training and coordination. But Ukrainian participants said it didn’t take long — during the meetings and afterward — to realize the Americans’ objectives included two politically hot investigations: one that touched Vice President Joe Biden’s family and one that involved a lobbying firm linked closely to then-candidate Trump.

Uh oh! Wait a minute now, does this mean that the Obama White House recognized 4 years ago that Joe Biden had some very damaging ties with Ukraine and Russia and assurances that the Ukraine would treat those tenderly were needed? No, surely not! Let's read on, this must be a joke or a misunderstanding.

The other case raised at the January 2016 meeting, Telizhenko said, involved Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company under investigation in Ukraine for improper foreign transfers of money. At the time, Burisma allegedly was paying then-Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter as both a board member and a consultant. More than $3 million flowed from Ukraine to an American firm tied to Hunter Biden in 2014-15, bank records show.

According to Telizhenko, U.S. officials told the Ukrainians they would prefer that Kiev drop the Burisma probe and allow the FBI to take it over. The Ukrainians did not agree. But then Joe Biden pressured Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to fire Ukraine’s chief prosecutor in March 2016, as I previously reported. The Burisma case was transferred to NABU, then shut down.

OH SNAP, SON! Shots fired! Shots fired!!!

The left can take this latest example of political projection, roll it into a tight cylinder, and shove straight up their asses. We've had 3 and a half years of projection of sins from the Left onto Donald Trump, yet look... he stands still and unfettered. SHOVE IT... This horsecrap is getting ridiculous. I hope after the 2020 elections are over and President Trump is serving his second term, the man removes his gloves, burns every field these asshats have sowed their seeds in along side every single seed planter, and then salts the Earth behind him as he moves on to the next field.
edit on 20-9-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: Edited out photo caption from sourced quote that was bifurcating the quote.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I wanted to add....

Uh... No, not really. You said it all perfectly. I honestly couldn't think of anything else to say that you haven't.

One helluva nod to you, sir!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I wonder why so many people here forget that the Steele dossier was originally commissioned by Ted Cruz. Maybe it doesn't serve there purpose?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Probably why Obama told Biden that he shouldn't run. Bidens hubris interpreted as a voter issue, while ultimately it is, it would stem from corruption, thus voters will learn how corrupt he was and not for him.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
How do we know what the whistle-blower complaint even is?

As far as I know nobody has seen it other than the top administration. And governments tend to blow smoke and release false information to get people talking about the wrong thing.

Personal opinion, discussing this and getting irate over it until we actually see what it is and if it's even worth a comparison is just going to create false narratives.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrable

That's was wrong as well. Not even sure it was Cruz but we do know it was Republicans involved and then they dropped it but who came behind them and paid millions in campaign funds, disguised them as legal fees and continued to gather bad information ? If you said Democrats you are right. They used a former British spy to get Intel from Russians in an effort to defame another candidate. They used said information to start a formal investigation alleging collusion with Russians. They were colluding with Australians, Britians, Russians, Ukrainians, Italians so really ? You just cant make this up, Tom Clancy would have a hard time shopping a manuscript that read like this

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Seems like you are keen on the tactics.

This has been a game for a long time. Who knows what the outcome will be.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrable

I wonder why so many people here forget that the Steele dossier was originally commissioned by Ted Cruz. Maybe it doesn't serve there purpose?

Uh, because it's inaccurate? Fusion GPS was initially hired by a conservative think tank run by a GOP billionaire donor who was supporting Marco Rubio. Cruz had nothing to do with it and, for what it's worth, neither did Rubio aside from one of his donors being the initial impetus for it. Also of note, that was INITIAL Fusion GPS investigation, not the mutation of a manufactured, imagined dossier with a British intel agent's efforts included in the factitious narrative... that all went down after the DNC jumped in and started cutting checks to Fusion to invent documentation that could be used to push a Russian collusion narrative to the public and to a FISA court.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

As far as I know nobody has seen it other than the top administration. And governments tend to blow smoke and release false information to get people talking about the wrong thing.

Personal opinion, discussing this and getting irate over it until we actually see what it is and if it's even worth a comparison is just going to create false narratives.

Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son
Interactions under focus amid whistleblower complaint on U.S. president’s dealings with a world leader
By Alan Cullison,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Dustin Volz
Updated Sept. 20, 2019 5:24 pm ET

President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, on a probe, according to people familiar with the matter.

Wall Street Journal

It is mainstream. I suspect that is exactly what it's about.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: Oraculi

Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son
Interactions under focus amid whistleblower complaint on U.S. president’s dealings with a world leader
By Alan Cullison,
Rebecca Ballhaus and
Dustin Volz
Updated Sept. 20, 2019 5:24 pm ET

President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, on a probe, according to people familiar with the matter.

Wall Street Journal

It is mainstream. I suspect that is exactly what it's about.

Hmmm, I can't view that article without a subscription.

Are they saying the complaint has been released and we can view it or are they reporting on a report? In which case I have to say we need to be cautious with second or third hand information.

How sure are you there even is a whistle-blower complaint and not just a setup for whatever reason?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I posit to you even if we don't know the whistle blower reports contents...is any of whats coming out about the Ukraine Biden stuff not pretty damning and worthy of conversation/investigation?
edit on 20-9-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My apologies, I was working from memory. A quick search revealed this.

"Paul Singer of the Washington Free Beacon (a conservative publication) came forward to acknowledge that he funded the initial dossier report. Singer is a noted Republican and has never been shy about his anti-Trump feelings. Singer is a hedge fund billionaire, high level Republican Party donor and also donated $1 million to Trump’s inauguration."

medium.com...@yewtree2/the-steele-dossier-was-contracted-by-a-never-trump-republican-afca14224fd1

democracyguardian.com...

I may not have given proper credit, where it was due, but the basic premise is the same. The dossier was originally commissioned by a republican.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The presence of faithless RINOs within the GOP has been well documented, but I'm not exactly sure how it pertains to this topic.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But none of the "Russian" crap was "researched" by the first group 😎

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I knew when Trump got elected it would turn into a massive # throwing contest and I was ok with it. Let's throw it both ways. Massive projectile # throwing.

Low and behold, that is exactly what happened. Understand this though; nobody wins. Whatever is thrown at him he will throw right back at them because they are doing the exact same things.

Anyone saying well, my candidate's # doesn't stink nearly as bad are just saying it because they are in the bathroom with that particular smell and have grown accustomed to it. Anyone who walks by that bathroom, their spidey senses will tell them immediately It smells like complete rancid # and they walk out.

There is no way around it is my point. They both smell like ass. Stick your nose in one or the other. Still smells like #.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I can only hope this S%#* war exposes more behind those curtains than any of the s#%* slingers ever intended to be public knowledge. And so far I am not disappointed.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"according to people familiar with the matter."

Usually WSJ is more reliable in their sources.
Fox

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that, in a July phone call, Trump repeatedly asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to work with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani on a probe into Hunter Biden. The call came a month before Trump put a hold on $250 million in military aid to Ukraine -- a hold that was eventually released after objections from the Senate.

Generally once it hits the mainstream without being challenged it ends up being the truth in the end.

What it is, is just more campaign drama.

It is a double standard by any measure and I don't even like Trump. It's like a ping pong game with both parties launching the ball back and forth.

My opinion is both sides are wrong when they engage in this.
edit on 9/20/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
My only problem,with this story is "according to people familiar with the matter". But for arguments sake, let's say its true. This means that they are willing to throw Biden under the bus and by association Obama, since what is coming out about Biden happened while he was VP. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You sir are a rare breed. I wish more people had such a logical level headed outlook on these things regardless of their preferred side.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Biden is fighting back with his own take on it, if you've been following the story.

I think it's obvious that one side of the Dem's wants Biden gone, but I think this will just be nonstop "but you did it to" vs "it was different". More of the same from both sides.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join