It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Howard, Weasel OZ PM, now ducks for cover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The ducks are in formation and being shot down one by one. What will save them? They can't do another war. Too many people are watching now, even in the US.

Get rid of these slimy, no-good scumbuckets.

Iraq N-weapons doubts 'known'

09jul03
THE Federal Government knew there were doubts about intelligence on Iraq's nuclear program but still used it to justify going to war, a former Australian intelligence officer said today.

Andrew Wilkie, a former senior analyst with the Office of National Assessment (ONA), resigned from his post in March in protest at the Government's stance on Iraq.

He has since given evidence to a British parliamentary inquiry into intelligence on Iraq used to justify the case for war.

Mr Wilkie said the ONA had made it clear to the Australian Government there were doubts about Iraq's nuclear weapons program after receiving advice from the United States.

But Prime Minister John Howard has denied he knew the intelligence claims were in question.

"I find it quite extraordinary that the prime minister and the Foreign Minister (Alexander Downer) are still denying that we knew that there was ever any doubts about the Iraq nuclear story," Mr Wilkie told ABC radio.

"The facts of this matter are that the US State Department sent a diplomat to Niger in early 2002, Mr (Joseph) Wilson.

"He would have reported back to the US State Department not long after that visit to say that he thought the documentation was a fake.

"The State Department would have passed that information on to its own intelligence agency, the INR (Institute for Nuclear Research), which has a very close relationship with ONA and would certainly have passed that information on to ONA."

Mr Wilkie said an INR official had confirmed the information was passed to ONA.

"As always the Prime Minister is being very careful with his words and he's saying that ONA never received Mr Wilson's report," he said.

"And nor would we receive a report from an American diplomat.

"But we would have received a report from INR casting doubt over the whole Iraq nuclear story.

"I'm saying that ONA had made it quite clear to the Government that there was a question mark over the whole nuclear dimension of this Iraq story.

"But yet the Government continue to use that nuclear dimension as an explanation for the war along with the more credible stories about Iraq's chemical and biological programs."

Labor today called on Mr Howard to explain after the US backed away from its pre-war claims.

The Washington Post newspaper said the White House had acknowledged for the first time that US President George W Bush was wrong to claim Iraq had sought to buy uranium in Africa.

from www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Pffft dont bag our Howard. We are allies with the US. Basically when asked by the US we dont really havemuch of a choice. We follow them into the war.

We are just such good allies. Trust worthy.

I'm sure us Aussies dont really give a damn about whether or not WMD were in Iraq or not. At least the ones i've spoken too. We still think it was a good idea to remove the regime they had.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Actually, here is what the Washington Post had to say:
www.washingtonpost.com...

"But the CIA did not pass on the detailed results of its investigation to the White House or other government agencies, the officals said."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great find there, MaskedAvatar

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sure is...if your anti-american, a leftist, a Dem, a Bush hater, etc......did I live anyone out there Moku?

Its quite obvious, that people will, indeed, believe what they so wish to perceive, eh?
You didn't by chance read what the Washington Post really said did ya?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
VP#2

The story I posted comes from a reputable newspaper in Australia, Sickerof, not the Wahington Post.

It is about the Prime Minister of Australia doing the dance that Bush and Blair are doing, independently of them. It would be interesting to see what international communication strategies might be in use in an attempt to get all their lies to stand coherently and plausibly as one bigger lie for the mainstream media to present to the apathetic public.

The quotes presented are from Australians discussing the flow of information and the foreknowledge of unreliablity and falsification of information possessed by a key intelligence office in Australia.

It compounds the pattern of lies in the Bush administration, but it is quite separate from and unrelated to that pattern. Australia has its own intelligence operations (room left here for anyone who wants to point out oxymorons) including the ONA.

What the Washington Post article "really" had to say was totally immaterial.

If you are posting on a topic initiated by me, I would be most thankful if you first understood what was being presented, and then determined in your own mind that another article on another subject in another country is not material to it.

But I don't hold out any hope, because for you as a "seeker of logic", you are a trekkie, and logic is indeed the final frontier, a place you have never been.

At least you didn't include one of your stupid toilet jokes.

new topics

top topics

join