It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens On Climate Change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Leave your NASA propaganda and analyse some numbers:

www.econlib.org...

Link

Unless of course your post was tongue in cheek?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 20-9-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Here's the thing about that and14,,, It has become a convenient explanation to pass by perspectives that do not jibe with certain political positions. You say that I am lapping up the mass media propaganda. Ok, that is what you think. But here is another perspective.

I first noticed media bias when I was 16. I got my name in the paper for a youth in government seminar that I attended. Those of my same age were referred to as young adults. Fine. But a few days later I read about a thief who was twenty one and he was referred to as a youth or a kid. I wondered at that. I also wondered at why it seemed that every newspaper always endorsed conservative candidates. Especially the big city candidates. It didn't take long to figure it out that it was big money that owned those newspapers and the TV stations as well. Big money always endorses big money candidates.
I was 17.

Given a few more years and it was pretty clear that trusting the media was a fruitless task. By then, college classes in psychology and social studies had allowed me to see that what I had surmised on my own was indeed the case, that media was a propaganda wing of the establishment.

Tossing in oddles of books on propaganda and manipulation went on for another 50 years. I am now 72, I have been visiting ATS for 8 years so if we want to think about that, how could it even be possible that I'm lapping up the propaganda that the mass media is dishing out.

So can I see the possibility that this young woman, and all the others as well are lapping up the mass media jargon? Of course. But for me at least this does not automatically dismiss the idea that she and others might have a mind of their own.

One thing that I have seen as well and14 is that there really are propaganda outlets in the media and not all of them are mass media. There are outlets for leftist propaganda and outlets for status quo propaganda. There are also outlets for conservative propaganda. And while there are those who listen only to leftist propaganda there are also those who listen only to conservative propaganda. The reason I frequent ATS is that I hate leftist propaganda just as much as I dislike conservative propaganda and here at least there is the possibility that both of those can be recognized for what they are.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Who is the expert here and14, you or me. Neither would be my guess. You can pull out your ''experts'' to counter my ''experts'' and we can do that all day long. Here's what I figure.
One, just how big of a cover up is possible here. So big that thousands of scientists keep their mouths shut just to keep that pay check coming in? Sure that's a plausable excuse but is it really possible? I mean that dramatic a difference? That is just very hard to believe. For me at least, maybe not for you.

Likewise that article you offered that totally reverses those numbers? It's much more likely that that site is a staunch conservative site as it was set up long ago by a man who was a staunch conservative from a family of staunch conservatives. The Goodrich's, look em up if you like.

But you know what? I don't really care what the cause of CC is. Us or the radiation belt our solar system is passing through or whatever, it don't matter to me. What matters is to look at the weather patterns and what I see is deviations from the established norms. Are sea levels rising? Propaganda says yes and propaganda says no. Are the glaciers melting ? Propaganda says yes and propaganda says no. I really sick of trying to argue whose propaganda to believe.

So again I support that young woman in the video because we are all propagandized and I don't like it when the pot calls the kettle black.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Are those other scientists silent, or are they just not reported on or published which has the effect of silencing them? There was a reason why they tried so hard to silence talk radio, for a long time, it was the only voice on the airwaves that gave a different spin on the events of the day to contradict what was official in the news.

Then the internet came along and all sorts of voices blossomed out of the darkness.

Now, you have the biggest tech companies working hard to silence the voices from the darkness in much the same way that the official news media channels worked so hard to silence talk radio for so long and for the same reasons.

Is everything produced by a dissenting voice true or accurate? No, but you should be asking yourself why they're so afraid to let so many others have their say. If the truth always wins in the end, what reason do they have to fear competing ideas if those ideas are all false?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Coincidently our am talk radio interviewed a 15 year old activist. She was gentle about it and asked him when did he get interested in this. He responded in elementary school with the plight of the polar bears. She asked is 10 years enough time to transition off fossil fuels. He thinks it is and the planet won't be able to support people anymore because of floods,fires ect. He said he got his information from the UN and science.

After the interview someone texted her how unbecoming to hassle a child. I think the brainwashing of this generation has been succesful.The UN has it tentacles in all aspects of our lives.

UN turns to young people for hope and vitality in climate fight

CBC

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
"When the left finally comes for our guns, they'll have the children do it."
-DBCowboy

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Actually our blackface Trudeau is making announcements to ban and restrict guns. Please dont vote Liberal

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
When using children as human shields since you can't win any HONEST AND REGULATED debate based on your pyramid of emotional exaggerations so deep they explode into outright lying.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
When using children as human shields since you can't win any HONEST AND REGULATED debate based on your pyramid of emotional exaggerations so deep they explode into outright lying.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

Erm... perhaps you should read my posts and edit what you wrote.

It was a sick joke, but not as sick as using a child to further an agenda.

Like I said previously, I don’t deny climate change but I’m open to all studies. Unlike most.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hey bud, the taller soap boxes tend to break easier, I suggest getting off.

You pretend the generational comments yield those with and without a moral right... laughablely false.

These children don't know anymore or less than many adults on these issues yet like the adults have plenty of opinion to share. And like their older counterparts are lacking in facts and full of emotions.

What's worse is hiding being their youth as some sort of shield getting the children to spew talking points while people like you come quickly to their aid, think of the children!!!

No difference between one generation fearing the a bomb and another fearing a bigger a bomb. To paint one generation as selfishly fearing for themselves while another is selflessly standing for all of earth is a joke. Ugh I feel gross

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

These kids don't know that the U.S. has actually been doing better than countries like India, China, Brazil, etc, whom keep emitting more and more "CO2," when the U.S. emission rate for 2017 was at almost 1950s levels.

7/12/2018

The new report, based on U.S. data, shows clearly the U.S. continuing downward trend.

"The U.S. emitted 15.6 metric tons of CO2 per person in 1950," wrote the Daily Caller. "After rising for decades, it's declined in recent years to 15.8 metric tons per person in 2017, the lowest measured levels in 67 years."

www.investors.com...

However, in 2018 it seems to have increased by 1.4% due to "energy demand." However, the U.S. is doing much better than other countries, more so China which keeps increasing their emissions. But anyways, CO2 IS NOT the problem as in the Troposphere water vapor accounts for ~97% or more of the greenhouse effect, and CO2 accounts for 5%-8% of the gh effect.

CO2 is GOOD for all life on the planet. After all warming cycles are called "optimum cycles" because life thrives in warming cycles.

edit on 23-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and excerpt.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It's sad that these children are being taught that their world is going to end or that their life of "IFs" is going to be siverly curtailed that they might as well fall into a depression about it now while in high school.

That is not a commentary about the validity of anthropomorphic climate change; even if I was a strong believer in ACC I'd still feel this child's additude to be very sad.

Shouldn't we be teachings our children that they can overcome anything? Even ACC; even a world decimated by ACC? This nihilism we are teaching them is going to be much bigger problem than ACC IMO.
edit on 23-9-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808
I seem to have upset you Rob and i don't understand why. What is this soapbox you think I am speaking from, is this whole site not a soapbox of sorts? Am I not allowed by you to speak my mind as we all are here without accusation?

Possibly some of my lack of understanding comes from my failure to understand this sentence. " you pretend the generational comments yield those with and without a moral right... laughablely false. ''

What here is laughably false. I pretend the generational comments yield ''what?"

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Generations of kids grew up during the great depression, a world war, Vietnam and the threat of nuclear annihilation.
But yeah, the climate is just to much for kids to handle.
Maybe quit bitching about everything and study chemistry and physics looking for a way to improve the world.

Yeh study in the fields of environmental science

Although good news is that a scientist in the netherlands has developed a way to transform greenhouse gas into fuel

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Although many claim we have no impact, its pretty obvious we do, as we destroy natural environments and we kill of species of animals left right and centre with absolutely no regard for the environment as long as there is a couple dollars to be made somewhere !

US and Canada lose 1 in 4 birds in last 50 years

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

it's funny you say that, I recently moved into my childhood home, we have a heavly wooded lot behind our house here in Michigan.

when I was a child in the 60-70's growing up here I do not remember lightening bugs, we have swarms now.

I do not recall any frogs and very few toads, we have swarms of toads and frogs now, birds, turkeys, opoosums, wood chucks and deer (it's a 2 acer lot)

I asked my Dad the other day about it, he say sure, we aren't using DDT so they are all coming back now.

we have crawfish in the streams, lots of them now, when I was a child, they were few and far between.

granted this is just my expirence, but we have More life now than in the 60-70-80's

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Teens aren't known for their rational thought...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
We want to breathe, but giant corporations won't let us. we can't breathe. we are being suffocated. we, the people, must stand against the giant corporations and prevent them from devastating our environment, our children want to breathe

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join