It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens On Climate Change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Don't ask me Jon, listen to some of these kids. Not all of them of course but some of them. Listen to the warnings given out by scientists in numerous studies that have been going on for decades and decades. Ignore them and you will never see it until you have passed on your own.

And end to all of us? Prolly not for a while, but this civilization that we have come to depend upon for our support system is in the process of failing. Ask any conservative prepper.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

So you are one who is fixated on a specific year I guess. That 10 year bit seems to be floating around the ''jokesphere'' to help alleviate peoples deeper concerns for our future. Pick a year and laugh at it, choose a specific threat and deny it. Good job there, that takes little to accomplish ones own comfort level .

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
If by pig faced kid you mean GT... she is not old enough to know what real ‘concern’ is. She’s 16 for Christ’s sake. Nobody at that age knows ‘concern’ unless they’ve been through a load of sh@t. And she’s so far been exposed to fame and fortune and a yacht ride across the world.

Keep lapping it up brother. The system needs you.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: gallop

So you are one who is fixated on a specific year I guess. That 10 year bit seems to be floating around the ''jokesphere'' to help alleviate peoples deeper concerns for our future. Pick a year and laugh at it, choose a specific threat and deny it. Good job there, that takes little to accomplish ones own comfort level .

I will add here, debating is not the same as denying. But GT’s side do not debate. They deny there is an argument or debate. That in itself is suspicious.
edit on 20-9-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I don't know GT. But why is 16 to young to know what real concern is? Are you tempted to take your own sense of human potential as a template for all others? And what am I lapping up. This system? Which system is this.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Don't ask me Jon, listen to some of these kids. Not all of them of course but some of them. Listen to the warnings given out by scientists in numerous studies that have been going on for decades and decades. Ignore them and you will never see it until you have passed on your own.

These are the same studies that said we were headed for a ice age in the 70's. This propaganda of were all going to die if we dont change our wicked ways has been a ploy forever to control the masses.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
First rule of any and all political observation; if there is any statement that follows with the qualifier, "for the children". It's actually an evil plan to line the pockets of adult politicians.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yeah I’ll fully admit that at 16 I had no idea about life’s woes. I probably only really understood when I reached my late 20s. Although as a young buck I thought I knew it all.

And looking at her she is more naive than I was. That’s plain and obvious.

The system you’ve lapped up like a thirsty dog is the one mass media is pushing into us all, the one that pushes a a little girl as a motto. Believe what you want about weather but at least be open to knowing that something stinks about this whole thing.

Like I said, there’s a scientific debate to be had and one side is being shut down, by 97% of scientists (ahem).

Edit: when I hit 50 I’ll look back on my 40s and think “Christ I knew nothing then”.

edit on 20-9-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Why don't these scientists ever tell us about the Grand Solar Minimum that's about to cool things off to 17th and 18th century level temps? There's more proof of that than there is global warming that's gonna kill all of us. Is it because they're only paid to find the negatives? Look what they're doing to these kids, they're making them look like idiots.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Great post, and 100% on point. I wish I could detail a response but I agree with everything you said...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I laughed so hard that I lost my Wintergreen Lifesaver.

VELLY NICE!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I can offer no counter or much of an addition to this here ...

But I did go to find out what GT stands for and found that young woman. Yes, she is determined. But would'nt you be as well if you believed what she believes? And just because she comes from wealth and privilege does not necessarily mean we should kill the messenter.

We both know how media works, find someone who people can focus on to stick a mic in front of them. And sure, this gal could be just looking for some social cause to be a front person for, kind of like what the First Ladies always do, or Princess Diana when her populatity was flagging she became a spokeswoman for what ever cause that was. So sure this teenager could be nothig more than that, a wannabe messiah. However I prefer to not toss out the baby with the dishwater.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

That Anthony Wiener guy? OMG, you only had like 3 pics, do your parents expect you to be a nun or something? Like, UGH!

OMG, I'm SOOO over my parents if they ground me from any social media sites. I'm so depressed. F my life. The struggle is real

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

These are the same studies that said we were headed for a ice age in the 70's. This propaganda of were all going to die if we dont change our wicked ways has been a ploy forever to control the masses.

While true we all know what happened when no one listened to the little red hen. There are studies that said that was so. But there are studies that also say that GW is real and have been for at least three decades now. Precise? No. But in general, it sure looks like it.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I know! And yes it was him. He was hot...

I am so angry...NOT MY PRESIDENT! Off to my therapy session. I'll hit you up later on FB

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I watched that video and did not see a pig faced kid, I saw a young woman who is gravely concerned about the world she has been born into and that little to noting is being done to deal with it. Manipulated? OF COURSE.... We are all manipulated, it's just that it is so easy to see it in others and not ourselves. Me, manipulatied? No not me, I got a firm grip on reality, but those others, well, they are just loosey goosey so never mind them, they got nothing to add.

I'd say all that soy is emitting more estrogen than normal in your body and you need to toughen up. She's only gravely concerned because she was told to be. Fact is, there's nothing happening and she's scared for her life.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't know GT. But why is 16 to young to know what real concern is? Are you tempted to take your own sense of human potential as a template for all others? And what am I lapping up. This system? Which system is this.

Because it's not 1900 anymore. A 16 year old in the 21st century knows about as much of the world as a 7 year old knew in 1900. People aren't maturing like they used to because they're babied well into their 30's and 40's.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

And end to all of us? Prolly not for a while, but this civilization that we have come to depend upon for our support system is in the process of failing. Ask any conservative prepper.

I'm going to safely ignore the less than 1% of actual scientists that believe in AGW, thank you.

I think I will go with the over 99% of actual scientists who think that AGW is BS.

I'm going with one of the higher ups in the IPCC who told us that it has nothing to do with climate change at all, but the defacto redistribution of the world's wealth.

You should probably use the internet and look up "Cooke report debunked."

It would make you look less... silly.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That GSM is debatable from what I have heard. Maybe yes, maybe no. Maybe this is just one more in a cycle of ten or so years of fluctuating sun spot activity. I"m no expert.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm going to safely ignore the less than 1% of actual scientists that believe in AGW, thank you.

I think I will go with the over 99% of actual scientists who think that AGW is BS.

Do scientists agree on climate change?

Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change

climate.nasa.gov...

Quite a disparity. You believe one thing and NASA believes another. Who do I believe here, you or NASA. A group that sent a man to the moon or you, an anonymous poster who believes that the Republicans of a hundred and fifty years ago are hold the same pollicital out look as Republicans of today.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join