It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens On Climate Change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
OMG no way.....

I've been so depressed lately since our planet is dying.

My therapist said I need to take extra Prozac. It helps but sometimes I feel kind of angry and violent on it. Better than depressed!

Tony bought the new Iphone90 that's made from completely recycled bamboo shoots and plant cell fiber. It's dank.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's been a string of if's since before the big bang. Thank you US Department of Education. Raising up a generation of knuckleheads.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I was sitting in the bleachers with 2 other girls at PE today and Robby Johnson looked at me from across the gym.

I know he looked at me because Beth is a bitch and Katie's a tramp. You should come over tonight so we can creep on his Facebook and Instagram!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In a relationship with Angie Parker??? ANGIE PARKER!!!????

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes, previous generations faced the prospect of the atomic bomb and and how it could affect their lives. Others faced the prospect of the bomb and how it would affect the future of mankind. Big difference. While some considered it a threat to themselves others saw it as a threat to all living beings.

Likewise these youth today, as exemplified by this young woman have major concerns about not only their own futures but the future of the human race.

I would venture that all the past generations of people , though fearing the end of their own culture or their own tribe or city or whatever never had to worry about the end of humanity other than in some religious threats of the ''end times''

These new generations now though do not just have concerns that are based on religious threat but rather all the sciences that study our interaction with our environment and the rest of the species. Even twenty or thirty years ago only a few could understand that we are as a species on the verge of losing it all. Now though these young folks live with it every day. Not just the end of their own lives but the end of all of us.

So yeah, let us deride these young people, make fun of them, call them all the list of things that have come out in this thread already. I will not join you. They have the burden of the end of the human race to deal with while all of you seem only to have the game of who can put them down in the most asinine manner.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Oh, that is absolutely true. Id even say that left leaning propaganda in general is more likely to utilize human shields in information warfare. They tend to be obsessed with feelings, so (ab)using younger people in this manner checks a lot of boxes.

Do realize though.. This blatant hypocrisy is rarely seen as such by those perpetuating it. That may seem obvious, but truly understanding that and its implications is important (I feel..).

They have been programmed, both intentionally and unintentionally, to categorize input into two strict categories: 1)Things I believe & 2)Things I disagree with. With both leading to the same ideological coherency.

Not particularly revelatory, but the nuance there is a big deal and in the modern context, it leads to what we see.

In order for such a person to act, they need to translate information about "things they disagree with" into something they can believe in.

When they suck in information about Sandman, for instance, they see something they disagree with right away: red hat. How do they translate that into something they can believe in? Well, clearly Sandman is a bad person and the others are protected classes, so this was a case of racism, hate, and bigotry. *Thats* something they believe in. This is, of course, all nudged along by media.

When they see something like the girl in the OP vid, they already agree with the ideological premise. So, that is translated into everything being said as "good, righteous, and true" and specifics are irrelevant. If someone disagrees, its because they dont believe in "saving the planet." Over time, this leads to more and more extreme views as anything selling AGW, or a variety of other topics, needs to stay ahead of desensitization.

TL;DR: Everything needs to be translated into something they believe in. Those beliefs are derived exclusively from information vectors that are based in outrage. And, when they encounter something that conflicts with their religion, it is automatically translated and categorized according to.. outrage clickbait, basically. No one can feed their mind garbage information like this and be unaffected. The further it pulls someone in, the more they start defining their personal identity and even reality by the trash they consume. If you disagree, it means you hate "insert X here."

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Yes, previous generations faced the prospect of the atomic bomb and and how it could affect their lives. Others faced the prospect of the bomb and how it would affect the future of mankind. Big difference. While some considered it a threat to themselves others saw it as a threat to all living beings.

Likewise these youth today, as exemplified by this young woman have major concerns about not only their own futures but the future of the human race.

I would venture that all the past generations of people , though fearing the end of their own culture or their own tribe or city or whatever never had to worry about the end of humanity other than in some religious threats of the ''end times''

These new generations now though do not just have concerns that are based on religious threat but rather all the sciences that study our interaction with our environment and the rest of the species. Even twenty or thirty years ago only a few could understand that we are as a species on the verge of losing it all. Now though these young folks live with it every day. Not just the end of their own lives but the end of all of us.

So yeah, let us deride these young people, make fun of them, call them all the list of things that have come out in this thread already. I will not join you. They have the burden of the end of the human race to deal with while all of you seem only to have the game of who can put them down in the most asinine manner.

I que'd up this music to play while I read your post.

So you think the human race is ending.

Care to give a calendar date?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Serdgiam

I saw an article yesterday about teens pledging to not have babies until our leaders address climate change...
I fully endorse this stance cuz I think they are to stupid to raise children.

Is this when you ask them if they're willing to give up all sex because it's the only way to be sure?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Erm yeah maybe but they’re being manipulated into behaving like #s.

And as for the science. We all know that we should err on the side of caution BUT it’s debatable. Logic can not deny that. But the debate is closed down by # faced pig nosed kids.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
They gave one 50 years ago. Then 20 years ago. Now we have a new one. Ride the fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
The people who made a negligible effect, if any, should do the bare minimum.

The people most responsible should do more.

It's all relative.

My sister told me this, so........

They disrupted cities down here for hours. Blocking roads, parading down streets yelling things they have no clue about. In Perth there were around 10,000... Sydney, 80,000.. But in Melbourne I think it was over 100,000...

I hope the teachers gave them extra homework for the weekend.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The 16-year old we keep hearing on MSM talking about climate change has photos of her wearing an Antifa shirt... yet is being touted as being an up-and-coming "hero for future generations"... lol

Sad..

en.news-front.info...

Greta Thunberg has collected funds for Antifa-supporting organisation

LOOK BEHIND THAT FIRST PICTURE..... it's AugustusMasonicus, he's in with them... I knew it..

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

How is this the end of us all?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So the world is going to end in 10 years, for reals?

Someone put the fire out...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666
Coz science says so. Peer reviewed science god damn it. 97% of scientists damn you!

Edit: Sorry I’m in a sh@t of a mood tonight.

edit on 20-9-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I would but my Mom said I am banned from screentime for this week..ever since she caught me on Tinder naked with an older guy....

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Are you sh#tting me?

What a bunch of bollocks

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: JON666
Coz science says so. Peer reviewed science god damn it. 97% of scientists damn you!

Edit: Sorry I’m in a sh@t of a mood tonight.

Science says we came from monkeys so go figure.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A calender date? It's moot. The devolution will have taken us quite past the notion of a calendar and our notion of time will be only day and night, warm and cold. So jolly it up Cowboy, you will be gone by that time so why worry huh?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I watched that video and did not see a pig faced kid, I saw a young woman who is gravely concerned about the world she has been born into and that little to noting is being done to deal with it. Manipulated? OF COURSE.... We are all manipulated, it's just that it is so easy to see it in others and not ourselves. Me, manipulatied? No not me, I got a firm grip on reality, but those others, well, they are just loosey goosey so never mind them, they got nothing to add.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join