It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto Does Reddit AMA, Gets Roasted From All Sides

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Just think...
This guy came dangerously close to becoming a U.S. Senator
In Texas!
10 years ago that would have been unthinkable
10 years from now?
Scary times

Urban vs rural divide at play with urban America voting more and more left while growing faster than Rural America which is still deeply conservative.

I'm not saying it will happen in our lifetime... though as with all societies there will be a revolution or civil war in the USA somewhere down the road, but the second American civil war is almost certainly going to be rural America against urban America. In some regards, that was what the first civil war boiled down to, or at least industrialized America against agricultural America. While the politicians and media flap their gums about class inequality, racial division and inequality of rights, minorities being "disenfranchised" and the like, the reality of the situation is that all of that is background noise intended to mask the simple fact that rural America is incompatible with urban America. Urban America looks down their nose at rural America and dominates them where political policy and representation is concerned and rural America largely views the nation's major cities as concrete hells filled with the scum of the Earth, populated by dead husks of humanity who are devoid of practical knowledge, morally dead, and totally lacking in perspective. Not a good recipe for a continued "united" America.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Tell him, hell. Just let him shoot his mouth off like a moron. It's far more entertaining. Big props to him for proving my theory that you don't have to be 75 to be a lifelong panderer and serial hack in politics.
edit on 20-9-2019 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

He'll never see it...

He's probably at home right now giving himself 40 lashes for the guilt he has of being born white.

WHY, GOD, WHYYYYY

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Funny thing about “common sense gun control” is that all those shotguns, bolt action rifles and revolvers that are for the most part “passively accepted” by all but the most vigilant gun grabbers can be used to “acquire” fully automatic weapons if the situation required it as the vast majority are kept in armories around the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think that the urban vs rural trend is only a part of the Trend
Mass exodous over the last 20 years from California and New York and other LEFT leaning states has resulted in a demographic shift in many traditionally conservative states
They have managed to flip Colorado and Nevada
Here in Arizona their influence is felt everywhere
Texas, Idaho, and Montana are beginning to feel it now too
The thing is, is that it probably isn't intentional
At least not on the surface
I grew up in Northeastern Pennsylvania
5 miles from Jersey
75 miles from NYC
A lot of leftist influence there
I remember our US history teacher in high school
He remarked about Barry Goldwater that we " dodged a bullet"
Basically said he was a racist psychopath
That he wanted to nuke everybody and put race relations back in the slavery era
When I got to Arizona in 1994 I repeated these claims to some men I had met
Boy, was I wrong
Because I had been misled by people I trusted
This happens every day
How many people moving to these same states can share a similar story?

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Surprised anyone still follows hitler apologist tim pools.

Dear everybody reading this thread,

The above quoted post is absolutely the result of significant substance abuse coupled with poor education - just don't do drugs kids and stop believing in the CNNs of the world - it makes you look like a tool.

The End.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Surprised anyone still follows hitler apologist tim pools.

What an asinine comment.

1. Tim isn't a "Nazi apologist".

2. He's not even the subject here.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

He has come out now saying that he will not confiscate 'hunting rifles', but he will confiscate AR 15's.
Breitbart
What will he say when someone breaks the news to him that there are plenty of states where AR 15's are legal to use for hunting?

Yeah... Good luck with that!

Did any politician ever win anything while saying "I'm going to take ****** from you"!?

uhhh... wait... let me rephrase that. Errrr... I can't.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
He was a doof back when he was supposedly a "hacker" and he's still a doof now.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

He has come out now saying that he will not confiscate 'hunting rifles', but he will confiscate AR 15's.
Breitbart
What will he say when someone breaks the news to him that there are plenty of states where AR 15's are legal to use for hunting?

Uh-huh.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Urban vs rural divide at play with urban America voting more and more left while growing faster than Rural America which is still deeply conservative.

I'm not saying it will happen in our lifetime... though as with all societies there will be a revolution or civil war in the USA somewhere down the road, but the second American civil war is almost certainly going to be rural America against urban America. In some regards, that was what the first civil war boiled down to, or at least industrialized America against agricultural America. While the politicians and media flap their gums about class inequality, racial division and inequality of rights, minorities being "disenfranchised" and the like, the reality of the situation is that all of that is background noise intended to mask the simple fact that rural America is incompatible with urban America. Urban America looks down their nose at rural America and dominates them where political policy and representation is concerned and rural America largely views the nation's major cities as concrete hells filled with the scum of the Earth, populated by dead husks of humanity who are devoid of practical knowledge, morally dead, and totally lacking in perspective. Not a good recipe for a continued "united" America.

WOW.
Talk about hitting the nail on the head... Burdman's reply draws a clear and undeniable line between the two lifestyles and ways of thinking in today's America, and illustrates how that line lies perfectly parallel to civil conflicts in the past.

Perfectly put!
edit on 9202019 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join