It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legacy of the Michael Vick Dogs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this story this morning, and had to wipe my eyes several times before I finished it. It is a hard read, but an important one.
The dogs story

We all know what he did. He and many others, and it is horrific.
But I wasn't aware, how the dogs from his fighting ring, have actually done so much, to help others not be euthanized right away. They were given a chance to be reformed, and in having done so well in most of the cases, have actually changed policies for when other rings are now broken up.

I did find it interesting, that while the Human Society has now changed their stance, Good old PETA has not.

And a big thank you to Best Friends, which I didn't know much about, that took a chance on these dogs, and did such amazing work with them.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

My sister in law spends alot of time in kanab at best friends.
Shes nuts but that's another story.
The place is truly amazing.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

We got our own baby pittie (Groot) from a woman who was obviously breeding pitbulls for the purpose of dog fighting. She was doing so for her boyfriend who was in prison at the time. Our baby was the last she was to sell of his litter and with it being the day after Thanksgiving she was desperate for money to hit the after Thanksgiving sales to shop for Christmas gifts for her kids. His parents were each chained to barrels in the back yard (it was below freezing) and mama dog was already pregnant again. I gave her $58 and a $2 scratch off winner for him. She saved my number because she wanted to breed with him once he was grown (we got him neutered ASAP). We took him straight to the vet as he already had a broken tail, bite marks and a lazy eye (pretty sure from injury rather than birth defect). I don't even want to think about what kind of life he would have had if I hadn't been following her Craigslist ad waiting for her price to drop (started at $300, a week later $250, a week after that $150, day after Thanksgiving "make offer"). Thank goodness we got him! He doesn't even know what cruelty looks like, and when another dog is aggressive towards him he gets behind mama's legs like a toddler!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
So glad you got him!

My first experience with a pit, was my sons dog. He was his 3rd owner. He was the sweetest boy! My son said he would have lived on the streets, before giving that dog up, because he had already been through so much.
They get such a bad rap, and I was glad to read that it is a Felony now in all 50 states for dog fighting.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Because of this thug (Vic) pits have a bad rep. Any dog can be made mean even an aclke bitter like a mini poodle or a chawawa. I have a bull terrier and she is the sweetest most intelligent dog I've ever owned or should I say she owns me I am just her service person.

top topics

join