It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres a Science test must do....Is there a massive Blackhole behind the Sun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hey guys I have been taking pictures of the Sun with my mobile phone,now in the pics I have taken I can actually see sun flares and stuff...

"Please dont look at the sun just grab your celluar phone and point at the Sun and snap a pic....

You'll see what I mean anyways the most intresting thing is that if you go to you color tone options transform the pic into a negative.

What I observe as I do this I see the sun and around it theres a massive Plasma type black object like 100 times bigger than the sun...Weird I say...
since it seems to bend like a fabric.

On the initial pic (Original) the sun will look black because of its brightness but you'll notice that their is a sun within the sun, then back to the negative what is odd about this...

I have a Sprintpcs phone model: scp-8100. Can someone please do this and upload some pics !!!!!!!

I know I may sound nuts but I haven't seen a thread regarding this!!!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
first off, it might not be safe to aim your camera at the sun, i may be wrong but i would think thats fairly dangerous, and if there was a black hole on the other side of the sun, wedve already have detected it. because we go around the sun, black holes dont move, wed've alread've seen it or been sucked up by it, and the sun inside the suns, that may just be another level of brightness or there may be something else in the way, if your taking these pics in the morning you may be seeing venus. i dont know if that would appear in front of the sun but hey you never know.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yes I could see 3 small objects that I can agree are planets but the object is behind the Sun bigger than the sun....
Also I have been snapping pics for over amonth a have several good ones I'm gonna have to get sprint hook me up so i can upload these but if some one can please do so!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
well, it seems youve got yourself a good cell phone to use it that long with the sun and it not braking, then again i suppose it is digital not old fashion film that would like melt. But anyhow if it were a blackhole, again wed have alread seen it or something, and something bigger and black, it may just be dust behind it or its giving off tons of radiation (which we already know it does) and you can only see it around the sun because you couldnt see radiation on the sun.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Black holes do move actually. No One has actually found or seen a black hole, just due to the fact that they are black =). But scientists have found 2 great examples that may mean there is a black hole there. Well there is 2 that I know of.

1. They noticed that stars kepted disappearing then reappearing. (not the same stars) but more of in a line. So they figured it must have been a black hole moving.

2. They found a star (sun) that was orbiting NOTHING. So they figured also that there must be a black hole there.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
just because theres nothing to be orbited by the sun doesnt mean theres a black hole, not everything orbits because there by a black hole.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i guess a black hole anywhere "near" our solarsystem, would have fatal consequences, we would not be here today

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
just because theres nothing to be orbited by the sun doesnt mean theres a black hole, not everything orbits because there by a black hole.

in fact the sun does move around the barycenter (center of masses) of our solar system, which lies in the sun, but not at its center.

Technically, what is going on is that the Earth, Sun and all the planets are orbiting around the center of mass of the solar system. This is actually how planets orbiting other stars are often detected, by searching for the motion of the stars they orbit that is caused by the fact that the star is orbiting the center of mass of the system, causing it to wobble on the sky.

The center of mass of our solar system is within the Sun itself, but not exactly at the Sun's center.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Hey guys I have been taking pictures of the Sun with my mobile phone,now in the pics I have taken I can actually see sun flares and stuff...

Interesting idea, but you get a lot of lens flares. There are good sites on the Internet to view the sun, however (including non-US sites.)

Remember, a good researcher ALWAYS checks their data with other means.

What I observe as I do this I see the sun and around it theres a massive Plasma type black object like 100 times bigger than the sun...Weird I say...

Yup. Has to do with your cell phone camera reacting to all that bright light. If you try it with a digital camera, you won't get the same result.

And no, there's no black hole there. We would see the sun's corona being torn off and sucked into something (and believe me, you can't hide this.) Since you are proposing a black hole between us and the sun, it would circle the sun in a much shorter time period than our yearly orbit. We'd see it deforming the sun into an elognated blog.

...and Mercury and Venus would have been eaten up, as would every comet and asteroid that passed near us.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

well what else would a star orbit around when it looks like nothing is there?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Black Holes can be the size of my small toe and pull in a planet as far away as pluto from the sun.

That being said, I highly doubt there is a black hole behind the sun. If there was, we and everything else in this galaxy would not only have been flung off into space or sucked into the sun or the back hole, but the sun would be slowly dying due to its natural materials being sucked into the black hole.

Than again if possibly there was a black hole behind the sun, we'd have earthquakes every 5 seconds due to the sun and the black holes gravity constantly conflicting and pushing us around.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED

You aren't seeing sun flares, you are seeing 'lens flares' if any kind of flare. The brightness of the sun will outpower any digital camera, let alone a mobile phone one.

And you suggest that your cameraphone is somehow picking up something like this?

I know I may sound nuts but I haven't seen a thread regarding this!!!!!!

ACtually, there are a number of threads here about that effect, its simply the sun washing out sensors on the lens, its not actual sun flares or anything real. I suppose that lots of people have camera phones now, and access to other digital cameras, and that this would explain the increasing surge in people saying these kinds of things.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenic
Black Holes can be the size of my small toe and pull in a planet as far away as pluto from the sun.

That being said, I highly doubt there is a black hole behind the sun. If there was, we and everything else in this galaxy would not only have been flung off into space or sucked into the sun or the back hole, but the sun would be slowly dying due to its natural materials being sucked into the black hole.

Than again if possibly there was a black hole behind the sun, we'd have earthquakes every 5 seconds due to the sun and the black holes gravity constantly conflicting and pushing us around.

C2C reported over 3000 minor earthquakes in California yesterday, just a little info there!!!!!

top topics

join