It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Woke

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Rich irony in that.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Another thought along these lines.

I have to wonder and puzzle daily about. What percentage of the voting age public really subscribes to this clap trap? 40%? 30%? Will we ever really know?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I had to correct someone the other day (gently, of course) because she was using 'woke' and 'awakened' interchangeably.

They are entirely two different states of being. She saw the light

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder, does the human species need religion in order to function? We need sleep, we need food in order to function, I’m wondering if we need belief.

Society has been so busy eliminating the traditional religions in our society, I wonder if they’ve just been supplanted by “party”, climate change, PC, etc.

I believe there may be truth in what you wrote. We need to believe in something greater than ourselves, a "god" if you will... be that "god" an omnipotent deity, a government, nature, or even our own selves (although I find that last one contradictory).

Denied one of those basic biological needs a human, like any animal, will do whatever it takes to survive. Deny someone religion (and I have noticed that the majority of "anti-Christians" I meet all have had some sort of bad experience in earlier life with a particular church which caused them to deny the religion), and that someone will do whatever it takes to try and fill the spiritual hole that remains with whatever is available. It's no different than denying someone food for an extended period; they will do whatever it takes to fill that empty belly rather than die of starvation.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I have to wonder and puzzle daily about. What percentage of the voting age public really subscribes to this clap trap? 40%? 30%? Will we ever really know?

I doubt we will ever know. If DB is correct, then we could simply go on polls as to how many people describe themselves as "non-religious," but even that doesn't really answer the question. Many people describe themselves as "religious" when in actuality they only go through the motions to appear so for social reasons, and others may describe themselves as "non-religious" yet hold to an inner spiritual belief system that they simply keep to themselves.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Then I nominate the silly as the Pope of the church of woke due to those commandments being adhered to like sh!t sticks to fur...........

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Actually, I would say the problem is prevalent because real religion has more or less been jettisoned in favor of the more "enlightened" position of being atheist. The problem is that people still have a need to spiritually connect regardless, so they put their faith and devotion into causes now like politics or the environment or veganism or any one of a dozen other empty, material things.
edit on 20-9-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: seeker1963

The left is mainly agnostic.. only 2% of Americans are Islamic.. like 55% of the country leans left.

Really? What is your source for that? How do you mean leans left? Is there a poll, study, assessment or even a published factoid to support your assertion?
Are you accounting for clockwise rotation of the earth causing people to literally lean to the left (and consequently do folks in the southern hemisphere lean right)?
Bad assertion.

ganjoa

The actual number is roughly 24% of Americans identify as "left" by their ideology.

They just SOUND like 55%.

Rim shot, Mic drop.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: seeker1963

The left is mainly agnostic.. only 2% of Americans are Islamic.. like 55% of the country leans left.

Really? What is your source for that? How do you mean leans left? Is there a poll, study, assessment or even a published factoid to support your assertion?
Are you accounting for clockwise rotation of the earth causing people to literally lean to the left (and consequently do folks in the southern hemisphere lean right)?
Bad assertion.

ganjoa

The actual number is roughly 24% of Americans identify as "left" by their ideology.

They just SOUND like 55%.

Thanks for the corroboration that statistical polling of subgroups yields wildly different results depending on who's paying whom to obtain poll results that fit the specified narrative.

My point is that none of the quoted statistics - about any & everything - are reliable simply because of bia$.
Back before "big data" was known to exist, my specialty was proving/rebutting arguments based on statistical analysis.
ICYMI - BIA$ (bias) naturally occupies the "Assumptions" space in rigorous statistical analysis, whether stated or not (methodology flaws).

ganjoa.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Church of Woke: absolution for members, but absolute perfection demanded for others. That has an eerie similarity to how some (not all) Christian churches approach the concept of sin: those who are faithful to the church

The Church of Woke sure looks like secular Humanism to me. Did you know that John Dewey was a signer if the Humanist Manifesto? He is responsible for our educational pedagogy of today.... that of subjugating our children to be “cogs in the wheel” of the State, to use Antony
Sutton’s explanation in his book, “America’s Secret Establishment”

se his own powers for social ends. p102 John Dewey in 'My Pedagogic Creed' The Dewey educational system does not accept the role of developing a child's talents but, contrarily, only to prepare the child to function as a unit in an organic whole - in blunt terms a cog in the wheel of an organic society. Whereas most Americans have moral values rooted in he individual, the values of the school system are rooted in the Hegelian concept of the State as the absolute.
www.thirdworldtraveler.com...
Replace “church” with “State”...
edit on 24-9-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join