It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Woke

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Perfection actually is inbred, pre possessed, only requiring nurtured - we are just pre programmed to think differently/ignore our nature in pursuit of our wonderful systems preferences/priorities (Sarc). But yes "quite unachievable" is perfection - what is perfection hence my "????????".

I thoroughly believe ALL so called churches wether woke,christian, etc are all kidding themselves, how any soul can be so ignorant to the bleedingly obvious is beyond me. The church, all churches are the great deception.

And yes thanks for the correction on the "paved" but if i was quoting the actual quote instead of just stateing a generalization knowing you'd get the drift then i would have used quotation marks.

But my overall point i guess is the hypocrasy of the combination between what's required/ what's known/ what's delivered 'v' what's feared in the heart and known deep inside all.

"The temptations of life are strong. None of us can achieve perfection" - you state, - depends what your measuring that perfection against?

For the truly free there is no measuring stick, the only value is equality in spirit with a disconnection voluntarily of course from materialistic possession.

Hypocrasy!!!! This is what really lines/paves/surfaces/shows the way, its also what we've been highlighting here. This one words definition is the lions share of humanties ignorant attempt at self anhialation.

Human nature, it's complex/ contradictory/ offensive in the extreme, as are these so called churches.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: seeker1963

The left is mainly agnostic.. only 2% of Americans are Islamic.. like 55% of the country leans left.

Really? What is your source for that? How do you mean leans left? Is there a poll, study, assessment or even a published factoid to support your assertion?
Are you accounting for clockwise rotation of the earth causing people to literally lean to the left (and consequently do folks in the southern hemisphere lean right)?
Bad assertion.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Seems in reading the thread so far you need to add "Thou shalt be triggered by any ideas that art not of the Woke"

Nice OP... also quite funny to see all the usual suspects proving your point.

edit on 20-9-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

originally posted by: JustJohnny

The left is mainly agnostic.. only 2% of Americans are Islamic.. like 55% of the country leans left.

Really? What is your source for that? How do you mean leans left? Is there a poll, study, assessment or even a published factoid to support your assertion?
Are you accounting for clockwise rotation of the earth causing people to literally lean to the left (and consequently do folks in the southern hemisphere lean right)?
Bad assertion.

ganjoa

The actual number is roughly 24% of Americans identify as "left" by their ideology.

They just SOUND like 55%.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Watch this short news clip! I never laugh in the AM, but this had me crying about 15 minutes ago!

Someone put up signs in this town saying "ISLAM IS RIGHT ABOUT WOMEN".

Watch the reactions! roflmao

]]]]]

That is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen in my life.............. Absolutely freaking brilliant!
Insult people but do it in a way which people don't know who you are talking about................

I'm dead!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It actually doesn't insult anyone. It is only a conundrum for those who are "woke"! That video is an example of how out of control and loony the SJW/PC movement actually is.

The one reporter actually brought up the 1st ammendment as a problem for prosecuting those who done the deed! Yes, they are treating this as if someone needs to go to jail or be fined!

Clownworld indeed!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It actually doesn't insult anyone. It is only a conundrum for those who are "woke"! That video is an example of how out of control and loony the SJW/PC movement actually is.

The one reporter actually brought up the 1st ammendment as a problem for prosecuting those who done the deed! Yes, they are treating this as if someone needs to go to jail or be fined!

Clownworld indeed!

You should make a thread out of this, this is too good and needs to be seen by more people, seriously!

I love the woman that says "I'm not sure what point they are trying to make but either way it is terrible"

................................wat!????

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Nah, I have a short attention span and TnC requires the thread author to participate. Not interested in prolonged pointless arguments anymore.

If someone else wants to run with it, have at it.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I know you are sorta kidding here, but I noted some years back that a great many worship the god of big government in the practice of the religion of politics. The practitioners know no other god.

Kinda think they will end up very disappointed however.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: JustJohnny

Umm, wHUT?

Whatever Josh, I can say one thing for sure. Whenever I run into some woke zombies, I am for sure going to use this expert level troll to upset them. Kinda like we used to do with the Moonies selling flowers on street corners. Take out a Gideon pocket Bible and watch the fear come into their lifeless eyes.

My now departed father-in-law used to love when the Jehovah's Witnesses would come knocking. He would let them deliver their spiel and when they'd ask him if he would like to become a Witness he would say, "But how can I be a witness if I never saw the accident?"

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

My now departed father-in-law used to love when the Jehovah's Witnesses would come knocking. He would let them deliver their spiel and when they'd ask him if he would like to become a Witness he would say, "But how can I be a witness if I never saw the accident?"

My dad has the Jehovah's witnesses visit every week.. I'm not even kidding when I say he just wants someone to talk to about army stories and tell them why we need Christmas.......

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

OK, that is hilarious! And a good example of what happens when freedom of speech begins to be eroded: people can't figure out who to be upset at!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Gee, superstitious people finding confirmation of their own prejudice and bigotry. The level of pareidolia is stunning!

Says someone who saw Russians around every corner...

The funny thing about the Democrats is, unlike the Republicans who worship authority, Democrats have on one in charge. Everything is chaos. This is why I like the Democrat party. No one is really in charge.

That's why they won't win another election until that stop cannibalizing one another. You have mentioned Biden is "too conservative" numerous times. You belong to a small radical minority who cast off all spirituality and religion to worship at the alter of the state.

You're basically a priest for the Church of woke... You all just overthrew your pope if I recall correctly...

I get so much enjoyment watching you all fight among one another. Meanwhile Trump's base grows. Much like the wall...
edit on 20-9-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its a situation, that like so many, arose from a confluence of events.

Echo chambers are even easier to form with technology, and if you can get the people in those echo chambers to define their personal identity by the garbage they are sucking into their eyeballs.. You can even get them to reject the real world around them.

That real world still exists though, obviously, and when it comes knocking in the form of someone they disagree with.. Or anything that is "upsetting," they react viscerally.

The sooner folks stop looking at it as a political group, and instead look at it as a religion, the better. The only other option I see is for the social engineers who caused this to use the same information vectors to deprogram the cult.

The problem is that there is a momentum there. And, there is also significant money involved. And the ability to completely (using the term literally) control large portions of the population.

With the framework that is in place now, all one needs to do is place an outrage seed. Then, the people who are outraged will talk solely to the other people who are outraged, amplifying its effects. Boom! Now youve got a new sub-movement to direct at whatever target you want. It will be filled with people who can just moved on to the next thing by signal boosting another outrage seed.

Thus, it grows and propagates like a very real mind virus and the people who are "sick" dont realize it because their personal identity is tied into the thing they are outraged about.
edit on 20-9-2019 by Serdgiam because: Werds R hard

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Don’t you just hate it when you make something up to give a little humor and someone comes along to show you that your BS isn’t all BS

Now of course there is not a rewrite of the Ten Commandments, nor is it a spoof church. But is left leaning evangelicals following one of your commandments to a T.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

The church, all churches are the great deception.

I wouldn't go so far as to say all churches, but certainly many fall into that classification. The thing is that any church can be abused and mankind will abuse power readily. The Christian religion, for example, which is referred to collectively as "the church," is certainly not based on perfection of individuals... if it were, the concept of forgiveness would not be so integral. One need not be forgiven for perfection.

That said, your point is valid: what is perfection as it applies to the human condition? I noticed I just stroked my beard while replying; that is wasted motion and wasted energy that served no real purpose to accomplish my goal of replying with a well-reasoned post. Is that a lack of perfection? It certainly could be seen as such, but then again I harmed no one by my actions.

If I rescue a stray animal, like a cat, and it turns out to be a poor decision because the cat is too wild to be tamed, is that an imperfect decision? My actions could lead to the cat becoming a mother instead of dying herself, and that could in turn lead to the deaths of many generations of cats that would not exist had I not interfered. Yet, I exercised compassion, which is a good trait. Did I achieve perfection or did I show myself imperfect?

Every day is filled with similar decisions, usually minor decisions that in the grand scheme of things are irrelevant. So how does one even define this perception? That is the role of the church: a search for wisdom as opposed to a search for information which is the domain of science. That is a noble cause, until it reaches the point of being used to attempt to control others... that is a cult. And by that definition, a cult being a religious movement that seeks to enforce its own version of perfection upon others, the Church of Woke indeed qualifies.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

My intention was to point out using humor (admittedly dry humor) the hypocrisy being exhibited on such a basic level by one particular group... and as you say, my premise is proven by their own reactions.

Quite the interesting perspective from which to study human nature... it actually reminds me of the old TV series "Beavis and Butthead." Matt Groenig, the writer of that series, stated at one point that his intent was to point out the silliness that certain people he has known have exhibited, but the actual result was that a great many people began to actually emulate his characters.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sorta kidding, yes, but also sorta serious. There are already multiple posters in this thread who have demonstrated an inability to see their own hypocrisy and have thusly proven my point by trying to disprove it b they adhering to the Ten Commandments they say do not exist.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I am apparently off the visitation list for Jehovah's Witnesses. They used to visit quite often, and my response was always the same. When they would ask "Do you know our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?" I would reply "Of course I do; come in!" Then I would happily open my Bible and talk with them. It was funny to me to watch as they became more and more nervous as their own book contradicted their philosophy.

Rumor has it I actually converted a few.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I wonder, does the human species need religion in order to function? We need sleep, we need food in order to function, I’m wondering if we need belief.

Society has been so busy eliminating the traditional religions in our society, I wonder if they’ve just been supplanted by “party”, climate change, PC, etc.

Even atheism is a belief of sorts.

You may be more correct in your satire than you realize.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join