It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Woke

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I was catching up on another thread, NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins, and the thought began running through my head that someone had to found this church that seems t believe Global Warming without any discernment whatsoever. Then I started wondering, what if it's not just Global Warming? What if it is greater than that one issue? So I went looking for a central site that could coordinate such a huge religion. I think maybe... not sure, but maybe... I found it. I won't link it here, because I found it on a very questionable server in a very dark corner of the Dark Web.

I am sure I found this: the Ten Commandments of the Church of Woke.*

1. Thou shalt have no other allegiance before the Democratic Party.

2. Thou shalt embrace the Democratic Party with all thine mind and words and votes.

3. Thou shalt not make disparaging statements against the Clinton.

4. Thou shalt make no uncomfortable inquiries of those appointed over thou, lest thou be visited by the Clinton.

5. Thou shalt hate the Trump with all thine heart and soul and mind, for he is orange and orange is evil, so says the Clinton.

6. Thou shalt embrace and defend those who warn of Global Warming catastrophes.

7. Thou shalt call for more free stuff.

8. Thou shalt demonize those among you who support the Trump, and call them racists and white supremacists and Nazis.

9. Thou shalt make war with the Trump supporters and force them to convert, or thou shalt subdue, impoverish, and imprison them.

10. Thou shalt in all things remember the Democratic Party and keep it Holy, for the Democratic Party is Mother and the Democratic party is Father.

And I thought to myself, "Self, this is exactly what I had suspected had to exist."

*Actually, I found this on my desktop after writing it. I just happened to be on a very questionable server in a very dark corner of the Internet. So the story is essentially true from a technical perspective, and is posted in order to try and foster some discussion about how religious those in power and those who support them seem to be as of late. The very religious aspects of the various Abrahamic religions have been duplicated by those who inhabit the hallowed halls of Congress (as well as some state governments), despite regular denigration of those same Abrahamic religions, and twisted to their own particular objectives. I find the comparison quite exacting and intriguing, and felt it was time to point it out.

It will be fascinating, I am sure, to observe who adheres to these Ten Commandments while denying they (or at least something like them) even exist.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I will democratically state - would be funny if wasn't so actually ever present in todays communities.

So sad.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I could change a few words around and that same post would be applicable to a certain percentage of Republicans as well... it's always been a fact that such elements have existed in all politics. The problem is how prevalent it has become in one political party today, so far outpacing the other that the other actually looks decent by comparison.

That's the scary thing to me... none of them are perfect. At least when both were approximately equal in their fanatical views there was some measure of balance. There is no balance today, and that is extraordinarily dangerous.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

What do you know...

A conservative pretending that his political opponents want something no one wants, and attempts to debate those fictional policy positions instead of any actual policy position proposed...

Hmmmm..

It is almost like they will lose any debate on an actual policy proposed, so instead are forced to go for slippery slope arguments and other VERY BLATANT logical fallacies...

It blows my mind it is so universal amongst conservatives.. did none take a debate or public speaking class in school?!?

The list of logical fallacies is not a secret..
edit on 20-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Thou hast done well and kept thy commandments.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Excellent rebuttal

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Agreed whole heartedly in all in your reply.

It's human nature that's the real issue and although at face value it's easily changed, as your well aware nothing could be further from the truth at the same time. That's for me the scary bit.

In reality in a nutshell only perfection is the cure, but which perfection????????, the mind boggles at the countless temptation and my mind realises the truly unobtainable desires for equality and peace.

Unfortunately.

Best intentions line the path to Hell - They say. I also agree.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I thought so; thank you.

Excellent example of demonstrating my point.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA

SURE!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Perfection is a goal, not a destination... and a quite unachievable goal at that. That seems to be the heart of the Church of Woke: absolution for members, but absolute perfection demanded for others. That has an eerie similarity to how some (not all) Christian churches approach the concept of sin: those who are faithful to the church can be absolved, but those who are not are condemned to an eternity in Hell (despite that not being quite what the Bible says on the matter).

No, we are human... spirits, souls if you will, trapped inside animal bodies. The temptations of life are strong. None of us can achieve perfection.

I will point out one thing in your post: the road too Hell is paved, not lined, with good intentions. They are not decorative; they are the very surface of the road.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
We lost a woke one during a meeting a few weeks ago. She had a total meltdown and tore into a guy who did nothing. Finally because I was the oldest in the room I mentioned maybe she should move on then she went after me. I refused all crap she threw till she got mad and screamed she was going to HR. Little did she realize about about half of us were recording her and HR was already involved. She was called to HR the next morning but went home sick, She's trying to get medical we terminated for about 20 personnel violations.

It was rather enlightening how they think. She got a God like complex and we were all in awe!!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

It's clearly a joke/propaganda piece written by someone right wing, but lets not just call it right wing.

The majority of republican voters aren't into the internet activism and debate hobby, even less into real life protest groups and media regarding them.

This would be the same as writing a short manifesto making the "enemy" (your countrymen who are the other give or take half of the population currently and historically which is THE reason our nation and government has been the most level headed and productive in the world) look as bad as possible in a funny way. Not sure they even anticipated people taking it literally when they made it.

You might be looking a little too hard for dirt on the opposition.

Or I'm a secret member of the Church of Woke.

TOP DEFINITION
woke
The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue
Yeah most people don't care about parking spaces for families with disabled pets. I wish they were woke like me.
#woke#social justice#sjw#hipster#progressive#feelthebern

www.urbandictionary.com...

pre·ten·tious
/prəˈten(t)SHəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
"a pretentious literary device"

www.google.com...
edit on 20-9-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

It's clearly a joke

originally posted by: TheRedneck

*Actually, I found this on my desktop after writing it. I just happened to be on a very questionable server in a very dark corner of the Internet. So the story is essentially true from a technical perspective, and is posted in order to try and foster some discussion about how religious those in power and those who support them seem to be as of late. The very religious aspects of the various Abrahamic religions have been duplicated by those who inhabit the hallowed halls of Congress (as well as some state governments), despite regular denigration of those same Abrahamic religions, and twisted to their own particular objectives. I find the comparison quite exacting and intriguing, and felt it was time to point it out.

It will be fascinating, I am sure, to observe who adheres to these Ten Commandments while denying they (or at least something like them) even exist.

TheRedneck

Thanks for the laugh.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Watch this short news clip! I never laugh in the AM, but this had me crying about 15 minutes ago!

Someone put up signs in this town saying "ISLAM IS RIGHT ABOUT WOMEN".

Watch the reactions! roflmao

]]]]]

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

And it was CERTAINLY a conservative..

The myth that the left likes Islam is just one more ridiculous logical fallacy pushed by conservative media that there is no movement on the left pushing for..

Liberals like to point out the hypocrisy of Christians, with just as evil of a history, and literally all the same beliefs they rail against being supported in the Bible..

Then conservative media pretends that the left is pro Islam..

The left is mainly agnostic.. only 2% of Americans are Islamic.. like 55% of the country leans left..

There is no issue where this is not true.

Illegal immigration = democrats actually want to sift through the illegals when caught and keep the good ones..

The conservatives talking point= they want totally open boarders and rapists and murders coming in!!

Lol

Colon Kapernick= wants to highlight police brutality mainly against black people. ..

Conservative rebuttal= They hate the military and the government..

The military never had anything to do with it..

There is no group who calls themselves “leftists”.. period.. it is solely a creation of rightwing media..

Abortion = the left wants open access and pretty much everyone agrees late term should only be used in extreme emergencies..

The republican rebuttal = they want abortion till the last instant and are murdering babies!!

So why do they feel the need to debate a slippery slope argument no one is supporting..

The obvious answer is they know they will lose if they do not.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Umm, wHUT?

Whatever Josh, I can say one thing for sure. Whenever I run into some woke zombies, I am for sure going to use this expert level troll to upset them. Kinda like we used to do with the Moonies selling flowers on street corners. Take out a Gideon pocket Bible and watch the fear come into their lifeless eyes.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Liberals like to point out the hypocrisy of Christians, with just as evil of a history, and literally all the same beliefs they rail against being supported in the Bible..

Yeah, that was kinda the point of the OP. Everything the far left (please don't call them liberals; liberals are good people who I simply disagree with sometimes) is doing is exactly what they rail against Christianity (sometimes deserved) about.

Illegal immigration = democrats actually want to sift through the illegals when caught and keep the good ones..

The conservatives talking point= they want totally open boarders and rapists and murders coming in!!

Based on the fact that the far left is now refusing to allow ICE to deport these rapists and murderers even after they are caught.

Based on the fact that the far left literally does want open borders because they vehemently oppose any effort whatsoever to close the obvious holes.

Based on the fact that the far left has openly lied about conditions in the detention centers in order to bring back the catch and release program which allowed everyone into the country with no vetting whatsoever.

Colon Kapernick= wants to highlight police brutality mainly against black people. ..

Conservative rebuttal= They hate the military and the government..

The military never had anything to do with it..

Except for the fact that the protest was aimed at the National Anthem, which represents the country itself as well as the military.

Abortion = the left wants open access and pretty much everyone agrees late term should only be used in extreme emergencies..

The republican rebuttal = they want abortion till the last instant and are murdering babies!!

Based on the fact that actual laws have been passed making sure that a woman can for any reason whatsoever abort a fetus right up to the moment it exits the birth canal. Partial birth abortion is illegal, but all one needs to do is ill the child first, then it becomes something else and is perfectly legal.

Based on the fact that we have doctors-turned-politicians who have openly stated their belief that a child just after birth could still be "aborted" if the mother wishes it simply by letting it starve.

Based on the fact that Planned Parenthood, who does more abortions than anyone else in the country, is regularly protected by the far left against any accusation and/or evidence of wrongdoing.

Your words ring hollow, because they have all been shown to be false theatrics designed to cover up a larger agenda. Even the constant calls of "we just want sensible gun control for criminals" have been openly refuted by a DNC Presidential Candidate who openly and forcefully proclaimed on a televised stage that "YES! We are going to take your guns!" You honestly expect anyone to believe anything said after all those examples of outright lying?

And again, this is just another aspect of a religion. The people get controlled to further the social ideals of the leaders, using lies and half-truths as needed to keep the flock in line. The flock, in turn, repeats the obvious lies and half-truths faithfully, even to the point of denying the reality of what is happening around them.

I think you have made my point better than I did.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Can't turn the sound on just yet, wife is asleep. But it sounds great! I'll watch it as soon as I can.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Gee, superstitious people finding confirmation of their own prejudice and bigotry. The level of pareidolia is stunning!

The funny thing about the Democrats is, unlike the Republicans who worship authority, Democrats have on one in charge. Everything is chaos. This is why I like the Democrat party. No one is really in charge.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Watch this short news clip! I never laugh in the AM, but this had me crying about 15 minutes ago!

Someone put up signs in this town saying "ISLAM IS RIGHT ABOUT WOMEN".

Watch the reactions! roflmao

]]]]]

I have not seen this before. That is awesome and hilarious.
A few pieces of paper, sloppily printed 5 words, and duct tape! Caused an investigation and news story over what some teenagers probably did out of boredom.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join