It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask old people stuff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'd like to know which Chinese grocery store you go. Please share locationđź‘Ť

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
More importantly, ask old people stuff...

I constantly ask old people stuff. I invariably start with, 'Are you aware I'm an IRS agent', which is immediately followed up with, 'Do you know you owe us money? Do you want to go to jail?'.

This then leads to, 'No? Then what is your SSN? Also, what is your bank account number and PIN?'.

Old people, they're like walking ATMs.

edit on 20-9-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
In Japan we call the "gyoza". Wife use to make them, but now they are so cheap to buy so she quit making them.
Where we live we don't even have a Chinese restaurant. Do have a Taiwanese one, but... the food is to bland for my liking. Cheap though, 6.50 USD for lunch with coffee.

I make mandu that is very similar to gyoza (which I also love) I've been making them for as long as I can remember.
I can make them with my eyes closed.
Certain Chinese styles of dumplings are significantly harder to make and I really believe an art form. Something that is also being lost. I just loved my moms story. I could just imagine back in the day they would make these head shaped dumplings and gobble them down like they were eating their enemy. It's quite hilarious!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

My dad will be 93 and was in world war 2. He was on his way by Army transport ship to do a land invasion when we dropped the bombs. I ask him stuff all the time.

My dad was a drill sergeant, he's got some stories. I'm sure your dad has amazing ones too. Write them down or record them!

My dad loves telling stories of Vietnam. He told me he hates to fly because every single pilot he knew back then was addicted to heroin, so that image has stuck in his mind.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm old. No one listens to me.

There are exceptions.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh next time you eat dumplings its one life saved
Nice story !
I work with elderly , stories are more about ww2, they were kids then and had to take cover. They had window dimmers at evenings so no light went out of the house so russian airplanes won´t see them and they had to be very careful.

My hubbys grandfather who passed away last march, was a in ww2 and went to serve as voluntary at age 15 years old, he was a tall boy so he was accepted. There are lot of stories about war.. it was sad time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join