It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TS Imelda , Not looking Good For Southeast Texas Residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I was at work today when my wife started messaging me about her family in southeast Texas. They were burning up her messenger.

Severe flooding was happening, people out rescuing people that are trapped in their homes and so on.

Not much said on any msm news outlets, nothing mentioned here.

It is bad, worst then Harvey from a few years back bad.

Hundreds were rescued from floodwaters throughout the day Thursday. Law enforcement officials from Houston to the Louisiana state line pleaded with residents to stay off the roads. "Wherever you are, stay where you are," Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said during a news conference about 10:45 a.m. CDT. He especially urged people not to leave work early. He asked them to stay until the storms have passed later in the day.

weather.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just drove through there on the way home a couple of days ago. Had no idea until I saw a FB post from a friend marking herself safe from flooding in SE Texas. I knew about the tropical storm, but never heard there was any such threat. Did anyone else?

There's a live stream from Channel 13 in Houston for now (Thursday afternoon) here:

:
edit on 2019 9 19 by incoserv because: Added clarification.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I am soooo proud of my nephews! Even though they had to leave their own homes due to flooding they were out all day since 2:30am using first 4WD trucks and later as the waters rose their boats to rescue people! They are wonderful young men!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Just drove through there on the way home a couple of days ago. Had no idea until I saw a FB post from a friend marking herself safe from flooding in SE Texas. I knew about the tropical storm, but never heard there was any such threat. Did anyone else?

There's a live stream from Channel 13 in Houston for now (Thursday afternoon) here:

:

I knew there was a small threat when I looked at the weather last night, but it dumped a bunch of rain on them today.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I am soooo proud of my nephews! Even though they had to leave their own homes due to flooding they were out all day since 2:30am using first 4WD trucks and later as the waters rose their boats to rescue people! They are wonderful young men!

Sadly, that is the last thing that we'll see on the national news tonight.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You have a good hearted family. Proud of those men also !

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Houston Area Flooding Map

Fortunately for me there is not much flooding in my area which is south of Houston.
We are at a slightly higher elevation (not much) so once again we got lucky.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You wont see it at all, but I watched them on Facebook Live video all day. Their privacy settings are for friends only. They are good boys and didn't do it for any recognition, just the kind of young men they are. They weren't alone doing it either as pretty much everyone with a boat in my home town (Vidor, TX) jumped right in as well. It's just what people in small towns do.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I was at work today when my wife started messaging me about her family in southeast Texas. They were burning up her messenger.

Severe flooding was happening, people out rescuing people that are trapped in their homes and so on.

Not much said on any msm news outlets, nothing mentioned here.

It is bad, worst then Harvey from a few years back bad.

Hundreds were rescued from floodwaters throughout the day Thursday. Law enforcement officials from Houston to the Louisiana state line pleaded with residents to stay off the roads. "Wherever you are, stay where you are," Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said during a news conference about 10:45 a.m. CDT. He especially urged people not to leave work early. He asked them to stay until the storms have passed later in the day.

weather.com...

My daughter called me from Houston this AM. First thing she said is "I'm ok". I said what happened. You are right the MSM was totally ignoring it this morning. She told me several friends were locked onto their little islands in the flood. She said other friends who had just rebuilt after Harvey are flooded again.

She said her school was cancelled (she is a teacher) and people were told to stay home in her area.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You are correct, the news is all about some anonymous source who said Trump promised something to some unknown world leader and the news is all in a tizzy. Forgetting Obama on an open mic promised Putin he'd be able to have more leeway to give Putin what he wanted (they were discussing nuclear weapons) after he was elected a second time - but the MSM blew that one off as unimportant. Last I knew it is the Presidents job to negotiate with other world leaders and making promises in exchange for ... is a required part of the job as President.

An anonymous source about an unknown leader and what was said is unknown since Trump is at the core, is far more important to the MSM, than US citizens being flooded out of their homes in a situation worse than hurricane Harvey with thousands of US citizens lives at risk. That's today's MSM for you, overly interested in being the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party rather than giving important news.

BTW, my daughter is fine. She bought a house in a subdivision with a huge and very ugly ditch running through the neighborhood. That ugly ditch saved their homes during Harvey and today. I love that huge ugly ditch.

edit on 9/19/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The Weather Channel has been talking about it for a few days now.
From the map I saw, several areas inland, and south and west of Beaumont, got upwards of 3 FEET of rain in the last 3 days.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: incoserv

The Weather Channel has been talking about it for a few days now.
From the map I saw, several areas inland, and south and west of Beaumont, got upwards of 3 FEET of rain in the last 3 days.

Holy crap, that’s insane, that’s a lot of water. It’s not like they haven’t had enough problems already.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Checking in from between Houston and Galveston.

Nowhere near as bad as Harvey. I just got off work and we were a lot busier than I thought we'd be (have been working as a server at a little family-owned Italian restaurant near my house) considering we have been getting rain for the past couple of days.

Perhaps some areas flooded that did not with Harvey. I can tell you that the flooding from Harvey was very widespread and affected many more areas than has Imelda; not saying that there hasn't been any flooding as obviously there has been, but there is just no comparison to what there was with Harvey.
edit on 19-9-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: checking what? checking in, that's what...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Checking in from between Houston and Galveston.

Nowhere near as bad as Harvey. I just got off work and we were a lot busier than I thought we'd be (have been working as a server at a little family-owned Italian restaurant near my house) considering we have been getting rain for the past couple of days.

Perhaps some areas flooded that did not with Harvey. I can tell you that the flooding from Harvey was very widespread and affected many more areas than has Imelda; not saying that there hasn't been any flooding as obviously there has been, but there is just no comparison to what there was with Harvey.

My sister lives on Crystal Beach and other than losing electric they didn't experience much in the way of problems, whereas most of the rest of my family (just east of Beaumont) got between 35-40 inches of rain in less than 24 hours. My Dad only got about 6 inches of water inside while my uncle got over 2 feet of water in his house (and he didn't take on any water with Harvey). I watched on live video my nephews rescuing people off of their rooftops with water up to their eaves while in other places people were wading in shin deep water. Individual location is a major factor in what you experienced with this storm system, and you were fortunate.

new topics

top topics

join