It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is sending the EPA into San Francisco

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So, President Trump has decided to shine a spotlight at California's booming homelessness problem, and it's Calcutta-like streets covered with feces and used needles.

Trump Prepared to Slap San Francisco with Environmental Violations Due to Homelessness

“It’s a terrible situation — that’s in Los Angeles and in San Francisco,” he said. “And we’re going to be giving San Francisco, they’re in total violation, we’re going to be giving them a notice very soon.”

He specified the number of used drug needles flowing into the storm drains.

“They have to clean it up. We can’t have our cities going to hell,” he said.

Trump said that the Environmental Protection Agency would issue a notice, referring to the city’s “serious violation” of the pollution laws.
Homelessness in California was a significant problem on the president’s mind as he attended several fundraisers in the state. He blamed Democrat officials in California for allowing the problem to continue.

“In the case of Los Angeles, it’s a disaster. If you look at San Francisco, it’s a total disaster,” he told reporters after visiting a newly constructed wall on the United States-Mexico border. “We’re going to get involved very soon on a federal basis if they don’t clean up their act.”

It's about damn time. There are many reasons for the homelessness epidemic -- chiefly a lack of affordable housing -- but none of the local leaders seem to have even the slightest interest in dealing with it. Heck, one guy in Washington State is pushing a plan to bus the homeless somewhere else, under the pretense of "reuniting them with family members." (As long as those family members live somewhere far away.)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The Dems want to give the homeless their own voter booths so they will vote Democrate. So Trumps idea is right on.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I'm not sure San Fran should be punished for their homeless problem but it surely is an issue that needs looked into.

I dont understand why California and the city's leaders haven't already done something or asked for help.

+36 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He is not punishing them for homeless people, they are violating pollution laws. And in a green state no less

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Maybe he should send HUD Secretary Ben Carson to San Francisco to address the homeless, and while Trump is at it, maybe arrange for some mental health funds?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

They have been violating immigration laws for years and nothing. Now I'm supposed to believe hes worried about pollution laws?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: theatreboy

They have been violating immigration laws for years and nothing. Now I'm supposed to believe hes worried about pollution laws?

Killing people with pollution to own the libs!

(post by NarcolepticBuddha removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Heck, one guy in Washington State is pushing a plan to bus the homeless somewhere else, under the pretense of "reuniting them with family members."

Different versions of this idea seem to pop up wherever homelessness is an issue. Here in Oregon they had a "Ticket Home", a program meant to relocate homeless people back to living with family, etc. Supposedly they vetted people, so that they were not simply sending the homeless problem elsewhere, but there are cases of people being sent right back to Portland.

It's horrific to see the problem get worse and worse.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Killing people with pollution to own the libs!

How about just making them clean up their own feces?

www.vice.com...

The Amount of Poop on San Francisco's Streets Has Hit an All-Time High The city had a whopping 28,084 reports of turds in 2018.

According to a new report this week from Forbes and non-profit watchdog Open the Books, the city had a whopping 28,084 reports of turds in 2018, up five times from what it was back in 2011.

When they won't clean up after themselves what is to be done?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
President Trump understands that the leaders in California are soulless and cold-hearted. If they allow him to help the citizens, he will. The President tried to help reduce Chicago violence, but the leaders here told him to get lost.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is not a new problem. Homelessness is a constant.

Some people refuse housing. Some cannot be housed.

Where do we start? I don't know. The answers are as varied as the people.
I had a bout of anxiety in my life, where I did not want to live in a house. It is hard to describe the horror felt. I won't pretend to understand it all, but having felt it, it is brutal.

I see how citing environmental concerns would at least get the ball rolling.

These are often outlier persons who need things outside the norm.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Good idea. The city can install those green poop disposal containers on light poles, and have plastic bag dispensers attached. That's what is done around here for dog-walkers.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: katfish

This is not a new problem. Homelessness is a constant.

Former President Jimmy Carter helped to build homes for the homeless in my Michigan town, about 20 years ago. The homeless moved in and utterly destroyed the units. Last time I was there, they were all condemned.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: shooterbrody

Good idea. The city can install those green poop disposal containers on light poles, and have plastic bag dispensers attached. That's what is done around here for dog-walkers.

That sounds dandy but many of these homeless people are on drugs and probably wont use the system.
Maybe it will help some but who knows how much.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What does Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters say about this assistance from the EPA? It is their district. Hopefully they welcome it.
edit on 9/19/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Since man has accelerated climate change, maybe California won't be so hospitable to being homeless, in a few years?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What does Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters say about this assistance from the EPA? It is their district. Hopefully they welcome it.

Trump could hand them a blank check and they would bitch that they dont need no help from a white man....as they spend millions of course..

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
So, President Trump has decided to shine a spotlight at California's booming homelessness problem, and it's Calcutta-like streets covered with feces and used needles.

Trump Prepared to Slap San Francisco with Environmental Violations Due to Homelessness

“It’s a terrible situation — that’s in Los Angeles and in San Francisco,” he said. “And we’re going to be giving San Francisco, they’re in total violation, we’re going to be giving them a notice very soon.”

He specified the number of used drug needles flowing into the storm drains.

“They have to clean it up. We can’t have our cities going to hell,” he said.

Trump said that the Environmental Protection Agency would issue a notice, referring to the city’s “serious violation” of the pollution laws.
Homelessness in California was a significant problem on the president’s mind as he attended several fundraisers in the state. He blamed Democrat officials in California for allowing the problem to continue.

“In the case of Los Angeles, it’s a disaster. If you look at San Francisco, it’s a total disaster,” he told reporters after visiting a newly constructed wall on the United States-Mexico border. “We’re going to get involved very soon on a federal basis if they don’t clean up their act.”

It's about damn time. There are many reasons for the homelessness epidemic -- chiefly a lack of affordable housing -- but none of the local leaders seem to have even the slightest interest in dealing with it. Heck, one guy in Washington State is pushing a plan to bus the homeless somewhere else, under the pretense of "reuniting them with family members." (As long as those family members live somewhere far away.)

Each day I appreciate Trump a little more.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

President Trump understands that the leaders in California are soulless and cold-hearted.
a reply to: carewemust

and we understand that you are an a ....the perfect trump follower....

Soulless and cold hearted? what makes you say that? Did trump make you say that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join