It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average of polls has trump with more approval than Obama at this point in presidencies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

President Donald Trump's job approval rating this week averaged across major polls surpassed that of his predecessor President Barack Obama at the same time eight years ago, giving some actual good news to Trump who is known to cite only conservative-leaning polls to bolster his image.

Trump's approval rating on Wednesday was 44.3 percent, according to a Real Clear Politics average of more than a half-dozen major polls. That is higher than Obama's average approval rating of 43.9 percent on September 18, 2011, by the same measure.

www.newsweek.com...

Now I am very skeptical of most polls

But we know the media tours them, as do politicians

So it seems relevant that an average of several polls has trump with more approval than Obama at this point in his presidency, yet if you tune in to any of the discussion from the groups that control our culture, the msm, academia, the entertainment industry and Silicon Valley; you would think almost no one approves of trump

Now honestly the numbers to Obama are close enough that I’m not even going to say trump is definitively more popular at this point in their presidencies

I would just say they are about even, or comparable

Yet you wouldn’t think that to listen to the media

Imagine how much higher trumps numbers would be if 95 percent of those with cultural power I mentioned weren’t constantly attacking him.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Same site, 10 days earlier: Trump approval rating drops below 40 percent - three new polls

Hold your horses, trumpistas.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I would just say they are about even, or comparable

Oh boy
You are gonna get a talking to about that statement......

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Rasmussen has been the most accurate polling organization so far and not because it's "favorable" to Trump.

They accurately predicted loss in the House and gain in the Senate.

But even other polls are starting to show momentum for the president.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yeah, polls change weekly. It's more useful to look at long term trends.

President Trumps approval ratings have been steadily increasing. It should be nor surprise since the opposition is screaming about gun confiscation and making the country destitute while justifying it with doomsday scenarios.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yeah, polls change weekly. It's more useful to look at long term trends.

President Trumps approval ratings have been steadily increasing. It should be nor surprise since the opposition is screaming about gun confiscation and making the country destitute while justifying it with doomsday scenarios.

And his disapproval rates have been steady above 50% his whole presidency. Long term he seems to be pretty flat in approval and disapproval.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm not entirely surprised. As I said in 2016, we were pretty much going to see a repeat of the Obama admin years with Trump. Just juxtaposed. Now the Dems are the Party of No, they made gains in the interim election in a large part due to the more fringe members of the party, and now they're pushing the most milquetoast person they can as their frontrunner.

The Dems should have had an easy layup with this upcoming election and they squandered it by using the exact same gameplan as the GOP's failed one. Much like 2016, the Dems are going to beat themselves in 2020. The only thing they can hope is to gain ground in Congress.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So what was Obama dealing with when his numbers dipped like this.

The dawn of the Arab Spring with uprisings in Egypt. Hosni Mubarak was looking to run for president again and was being urged not to by US government.
Bradley Manning was being held in solitary confinement and there was a big bruha ha about that.
Gabby Gifford was shot.
Republicans ruled the house.
The economy was in the toilet and had yet to make its turn upward as it eventually would.
And so his approval rating dipped for a moment.

How long did we have to wait for this phenomenon of trump being more popular than Obama to occur?
How long did that last?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

When your ratings are in the toilet you have nowhere to go but up.
His approval rating is still abysmal.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Obama is yesterdays man what they don't mention is Trump is significantly trailing his main rival Biden in every poll.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Doesn't that seem odd to anyone? The fact that the MSM was/is so different betweent the Obama admin and the Trump Admin?

The current MSM is 95% negative, yet President Trump polls as about the same level as Obama, when the MSM praised him quite a bit.

ergo

the MSM does not sway the public as thought

the polls are wrong, again.

or President Trump is not as bad as portrayed?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Polls always showed higher for obama and lower for Trump so imagine what the real numbers are and how big the real gap is. I wouldn't be surprised if the gap was by 20 or more.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
.4%

Whoa. 😂

But seriously, good for him.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Obama is yesterdays man what they don't mention is Trump is significantly trailing his main rival Biden in every poll.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

This happened last election. Through day to day thinking, people like Biden more as a person. But once the debates start, should Biden have the ticket, I don't see him winning.

He's in the same vein as Bush and Hillary in terms of representing a one party establishment.... Americans have been showing time and time again that they don't want that. Obama fooled his base on that front, then the base seemed to favor Bernie who got shafted, and the right hoisted up Trump.

I think Biden will poll better right up until it starts sinking in people aren't talking about who they like more, but rather who they would vote for.

This is my take, and as it stands, I'll probably be throwing away my vote third party or writing in a candidate while focusing on other positions on the ballot.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Even better than August, it looks like.

August Discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Same site, 10 days earlier: Trump approval rating drops below 40 percent - three new polls

Hold your horses, trumpistas.

Learn math .
Look at averages.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The last presidential election showed us that polls are pretty much useless.

Couple that with trump winning all of the Democrat debates and anything can happen...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Much like 2016, the Dems are going to beat themselves in 2020.

They really need to focus on candidates that actually have a platform rather than recycling lip service on things we all know won't pass.

If any of the current front runners ran, it would just be business as usual, and I strongly doubt they could pass any of their objectives. Bernie at one time may have had many peoples' hope, but he caved to Hillary after dirty politics. If his whole platform is going against the establishment, how can people trust him to do that if he cannot within his own party?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So what was Obama dealing with when his numbers dipped like this.

The dawn of the Arab Spring with uprisings in Egypt. Hosni Mubarak was looking to run for president again and was being urged not to by US government.
Bradley Manning was being held in solitary confinement and there was a big bruha ha about that.
Gabby Gifford was shot.
Republicans ruled the house.
The economy was in the toilet and had yet to make its turn upward as it eventually would.
And so his approval rating dipped for a moment.

How long did we have to wait for this phenomenon of trump being more popular than Obama to occur?
How long did that last?

The economy didn't do anything until Republicans gained control of the House and Senate. It crashed when democrats took full control in 2007. You'll purposely overlook the common denominator but that's ok, everyone else will see it.

Trump is more popular than obama, among the normal working class, and the irony of it all is that it's due to obama's near destruction policies. So, thanks obama! If he'd just been patient, a lot of people wouldn't have been smart enough to open their eyes. Reminds me of the kid who pushed the NOS boost button too soon. Just a little more patience and he might have gotten us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join