It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian pm Trudeau outed for wearing blackface

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not very good at that one. I find myself saying 'hey guys' to groups of women at times. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Royal House of Saud is lodging a formal complaint with the United Nations and the World Court.

🤓

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109

I'm not very good at that one. I find myself saying 'hey guys' to groups of women at times. lol

Trust me, those chicks will get over it.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Akragon

I agree

And again, I do t want him punished over this

But nothing will change until the woke leftists who promote cancel culture get a taste of their own medicine

He deserves any everything he gets.

Despite this statement of confidence in his own actions, Trudeau said he is subject to the same zero-tolerance policy he applies to everyone else.

“The standard applies to everyone,” he said. “There is no context in which someone doesn’t have responsibility for things they’ve done in the past

This creepy picture should not get a pass especially from such a sanctimonious a$$

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think we can ALL now agree that ANY white politician (Left or Right) caught wearing blackface...is forever disqualified from judging anyone else as racist.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I think we can ALL now agree that ANY white politician (Left or Right) caught wearing blackface...is forever disqualified from judging anyone else as racist.

Actually no I disagree

First, there are many forms of blackface

Everything from racist al Jolson stuff, to a kid painting to be his favorite athletes for Halloween

It’s stupid to do it because the outrage mob will get you, but if you paint yourself brown or black for a theme party and not to spread hate against black people, it’s no big deal to me

Just like painting up like an Indian isn’t a big deal

If you do it and it’s a offensive joke?

Guess what, I still don’t care.

So I don’t believe that someone who engaged in an offensive joke can’t call our real racism like from a black panther or kkk member.

Now the woke practice of calling everything racist; yeah they should shut their mouth lest they be hypocrites

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Like I said. . . . .

Rules for thee, not for mee!

Live by the woke, die by the woke.

Resign, racist.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I understand your thinking...but isn't personally making a caricature of another race an offensive act?
Wouldn't his 'costume' have been just as functional for the occaision without blackface?
edit on 18-9-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I understand your thinking...but isn't personally making a caricature of another race an offensive act?
Wouldn't his 'costume' been just as functional for the occaision without blackface?

Nope.

Cultural appropriation.

Hope the evil racist burns in hell.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wouldn't his 'costume' been just as functional for the occaision without blackface?

Offensive to who?

Not me

Sure some could find it offensive

I just don’t care

I don’t care about offensive jokes either

If someone is a racist and smears people based in their race; that angers me

If someone tells “offensive” jokes or wears “offensive” costumes, I just don’t care

I’m tired of pretending jokes or shady costumes people made or wore 20 plus years ago should be punished today

And I dislike Trudeau

But! It’s out of my hands

He endorsed cancel culture, so if the mob comes for him, he has only himself to blame

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I wonder, was this around the time the Disney movie "Aladdin" was out?

I ask because, being it's a black and white photo, he could be in "Blue Face" and it only appears black in the photo.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Quite a few politicians have darkened their faces and put on American Indian Garb in the past.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I ask because, being it's a black and white photo, he could be in "Blue Face" and it only appears black in the photo.

Good question.
Does that mean Robin Williams was a racist too?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm so outraged, I might knock down a statue.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Quite a few politicians have darkened their faces and put on American Indian Garb in the past.

Not that many...only 1/1024.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Interesting and good question, I could only find B&W pic. The movie was 1992, so 9-10 years previous.

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Nope he’s admitted it

I shouldn’t have done that,” he said. “I should have known better but I didn’t and I’m really sorry.”

Trudeau said he now recognizes that wearing brownface was racist, though he didn’t think so at the time. He said he was taking responsibility and vowed to continue campaigning.

globalnews.ca...

And as a previous user posted

Trudeau has said before he should be held to the same standards he has held others (this quote is about sexual behavior but no reason it wouldn’t apply to racist behavior)

The standard applies to everyone,” he said. “There is no context in which someone doesn’t have responsibility for things they’ve done in the past.

www.chatelaine.com...

link   
Is it just as wrong if I put on blackface but then camouflage it with whiteface?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I wonder if we can link this to Justice Kavanaugh.

Maybe Kavanaugh's penis painted Treudeau's face during that party at Yale.

Someone, ANYONE!

CALL CNN!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join