It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ IG confirms Comey was referred for Criminal Prosecution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No the report where the ig referred comey for prosecution has been released

And it did outline crimes, such as lying to Congress, a giving fbi material to private individuals to be given to the press, and mishandling classified info

The fisa report has not yet been released, and the ig could very well refer more criminal prosecutions

But other than that I agree with you

Trumps team didn’t prosecute comey for these crimes. So trump and his team should shut up about them

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

So there doesn't need to be a trial before an acquittal?
When they decline to prosecute it is not an acquittal. It means they have no case.
An acquittal comes when a jury having review all of the evidence as presented by prosecutors, cannot agree on guilt.
There was no trial or jury.
You should look things up before you go putting your reputation on the line with proclamations that someone else should look stuff up.
Really.
edit on 9192019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The IG submitted his report. If all the facts have yet to be gathered why did he do that?
I think that's it.
If he was still investigating he would not have submitted his report to the DOJ.
You are just hoping now.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This isn't about the FISA warrant?
Am I getting two reports mixes up?

This was from five days ago and is why I assumed we were talking about this report.

DOJ watchdog submits draft report on alleged FISA abuses to Barr

The Justice Department’s inspector general told lawmakers Friday his team is nearly finished with its long-awaited review of alleged surveillance abuses by the DOJ and FBI during the Russia investigation, saying they have submitted a draft to Attorney General Bill Barr and are “finalizing” the report ahead of its public release. “We have now begun the process of finalizing our report by providing a draft of our factual findings to the department and the FBI for classification determination and marking,” Michael Horowitz wrote in a Friday letter to several House and Senate committees. “This step is consistent with our process for reports such as this one that involve classified material.”

For the record I do not think they determined that anything was classified. He was talking about conversations he had with trump where trump basically asked him to end the investigation. I do not see how that could be considered classified in any way.

sorry I forgot the include the link.
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 9192019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The op was about the ig testimony yesterday, and him clarifying that his report on comeys leaks did refer him for prosecution

The ig also was asked if the fisa report would include further criminal referrals, and he said he was not going to discuss that

As to showing classified info, the report did show that three of the memos comey gave to his friends did have classified info, which is a crime. Comey also kept those Memos with classified material in his safe even when the department came to his house after he was fired to retrieve all fbi material, which is also a crime

However the one memo, #4, that he asked his friend to release to the press did not contain classified info

edit on 19-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I am pretty sure they said sensitive not classified.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I am pretty sure they said sensitive not classified.

www.scribd.com...

Page 58 shows how much classified info was in the memos that were given to his lawyers.

Memo 2 contained classified info at the confidential level which he gave to his friends as it shows at the bottom of page 58

Starting on page 42 it goes through pages of how the FBI review showed some of the info on these memos were classified.
edit on 19-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Now that you see he did release classified info, two questions.

1. Don’t you think it’s weird that the news sources you saw after the report was released didn’t make this clear to you? Almost like they were burying this?

2. Do you acknowledge this is a crime, as outlined Page 13 of the IG report which shows how this violates US 18 USC 793 d or f?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Where’d did you go?

I see you posting in other threads?

Are you really just going to ignore the fact you were wrong and comey did release classified info?

Bad form

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

When they decline to prosecute it is not an acquittal. It means they have no case.

just like the mueller report.....
awesome!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well damn.
ha ha ha

so why are they NOT doing it?

Doing what?
Charging him, I'll presume
That's been discussed and speculated on plenty
But that's not what you're looking for
So you'll just play games instead of being forthright
You believe Comey did nothing wrong
And even if they charged him you would continue to believe that
And even if he's charged at a later date for other alleged crimes you'll continue to believe so
And even if he's convicted of something you'll rationalize it as dirty tricks by the Trump Admin
So tell me..why even comment?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A person can be acquitted without trial, but that's not the case here
The DOJ isn't on record as saying there was no crime committed
And the DOJ has learned over the years from past mistakes
Take Gotti for example
Accused many times
Acquitted many times
After acquittal they couldn't use any evidence gathered in a prior trial
Each case had to begin anew
Until Rudy wised up
They waited to charge Gotti with a new crime until it was a slam dunk
Even though they had evidence of other crimes
Because he knew needed a mountain of evidence
Rudy has spoken and written about this
This may not be the case here
But it may
You don't know
I don't know
Only the DOJ knows
And they ain't talking

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Incorrect
He submitted only his report on Comey leaking
He still is investigating other items
He said so yesterday in his testimony to Congress
The DOJ is also investigating FISA abuses
That investigation only began in May
Just because you say that investigation is over
Doesn't make it so

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So then either you're right or the media is intentionally lying to you and misleading you. I know you won't care though.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah I am not part of the paranoid crowd that believes the media purposefully lies to people.
Daily to hear it...
That is what I saw reported.
No one has seen this report expect Barr and if it contained any request to prosecute he doesn't seem to be acting on it.

I know its always with the next report due.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

DOJ watchdog submits draft report on alleged FISA abuses to Barr

The Justice Department’s inspector general told lawmakers Friday his team is nearly finished with its long-awaited review of alleged surveillance abuses by the DOJ and FBI during the Russia investigation, saying they have submitted a draft to Attorney General Bill Barr and are “finalizing” the report ahead of its public release.

This was five days ago.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Why do you believe it is paranoia not to trust the media when so many examples are out there as to why people should not?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So despite being lied to daily it's paranoia if you question why you are being lied to. You have to accept everything they say without question. Got it.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Latest poll shows that most Americans do not trust mainstream media, and it's getting worse by the month.

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah I am not part of the paranoid crowd that believes the media purposefully lies to people.
Daily to hear it...
That is what I saw reported.
No one has seen this report expect Barr and if it contained any request to prosecute he doesn't seem to be acting on it.

I know its always with the next report due.

Wrong

The ig report on comey is available for you to read

It says comey har classified material he gave to friends

Your media lied to you

Now you are enthralled with the same media now reporting some whistle blower said trump said something bad

Your media are not media, they are mouth pieces for the Dems

Now that you know comey committed a crime and did give his friends classified info, do you now feel he should be charged?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join