It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Priesthood and the 144,000

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm going to have to look into this Jehovahs Witness stuff.

Used to shout "It's overs Jehovahs" at the church while I was being a little savage in the park as a child.

I need to see for myself why they are so hated and why I had so much disrespect for them at such a young age before I'd even spoken to one.

Who the hell taught me to hate them? Can't remember my parents ever bad mouthing them.

Well thanks for posting and everyone's responses. Got me looking and thinking about my past again.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: pheonix358
Only 144000 are going on the space ship. Who do you suppose gets a seat?

That would be 144,000 Jewish male virgins; 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel.

minutia alert = my idea is that the 12 Tribes represents our 'Solar Year' = 4 seasons (of Trinity) = 12 months/or the 12 Zodiac Constellations found in the Dome-of-the-sky (the Roof of Gods' Temple made by Nature)

this line of reasoning brought forth the 'Space Ship' escape meme, which corresponds to the 5th Kali Yuga remake of the World
~care to journey down the rabbit-hole further ? ~

ETA

its important to know that the Jehova aspect God is a 2.0 Exodus aspect God for the JW community …
as opposed to the Genesis aspect God or the Kings & Judges aspect God which came in succession as the Great Year passed by in terms of epochs in the Precession of the (Cosmic) calendar

thanks again readers
edit on th30156889522119132019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Israel WERE God's chosen people, the Gentiles got chosen latter

I fixed that quote for you to reflect the truth, instead of your misunderstanding.

And Cornelius the first non-Jewish Christian convert....waves to you from heaven as part of that 144,000.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

TextI began to question everything. then one day I was walking down the road and someone yelled out the window of their red Cadillac "God is telling me I need to give you a bible". So I started reading the King James and wow I realized how deceived I was. It took many many years to undue the brain washing. But who the son sets free, they are free indeed.

At the time you became aware of realizing the JW religion was wrong for you, were you aware that the JW's had used that KJV bible as their source from their inception till 1950? Were you also aware that not one of the people who supposedly translated that bible were certified in any language of Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic languages?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

At that time in my life, the only bible I would have trusted other than the JW version was the KJV. It was enough to show me the discrepancies between the two. I had known about the lack of educated men who did the translation, but I was brainwashed to believe they were directed by god. Their names were hidden from the Jehovahs, and we were told it was because all the glory had to go to Jehovah.

It took a long time to undue the brain washing. These days, I threw out the writings of Paul altogether, and I prefer to go back to the dead sea scrolls as translated by actual scholars. I try to go back to the earliest written new testament books as possible. But all that is a whole other conversation.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Was your Bible the green one? lol

I do still like the Interlinear translation where it has the Greek translation side by side with their NWT English version. It's only the new testament (Greek Scriptures) though. I found several questionable translations from using it.

edit on 25-9-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I actually still have my green one. lol Too many funny little notes to my sister from when we were kids. I wouldnt trust anything they print.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I try to go back to the earliest written new testament books as possible.

Does that also include incorporating the Pseudepigraphal and Apocryphal texts? Because I find that a lot of the missing narrative can be found in them, particularly as it has to with expanding the personal and political story and not just the mystical magical stuff that impresses the children.

www.pseudepigrapha.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Absolutely the lost books of Adam and Eve was like reading the rest of the story. A super eye opener is the book of Enoch.

I also find the lectures by Robert Eisenman about the early church fascinating. His book James the brother of Jesus, is amazing his work on the Historical Paul was beyond informative.

edit on 25-9-2019 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Absolutely the lost books of Adam and Eve was like reading the rest of the story. A super eye opener is the book of Enoch.

The Gospels of Thomas and Judas were enlightening, as well as the Infancy Gospels. You start to get a better picture of where Jesus was coming from, what he was up to, and how it all played out when he made his failed move to become "King of the Jews." And don't forget historian Josephus' description of the "Egyptian prophet."

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Many people fail to realize that Jesus was a Jew until the day he died. and the Christian faith was created by the Holy Roman Empire to unite the jews and romans. Mathris, easter, christmas. etc.

Many scholars believe Paul was actually Josephus.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It took a long time to undue the brain washing. These days, I threw out the writings of Paul altogether, and I prefer to go back to the dead sea scrolls as translated by actual scholars. I try to go back to the earliest written new testament books as possible. But all that is a whole other conversation.

Sorry to hear that you discarded the letters of Paul. There are many people today that follow R. Eisenman's teachings and it is sad to see a book salesman undermine Christianity such as he has done. The man is a very well educated person but sadly not a Christian by any means.

Eisenman has always been confused with the concept of pain and suffering and not understanding the purpose of Creation or reason that the Creator would visit His creation. His theological concept of the teacher of righteousness and wicked priest of the dead sea scrolls has given many the wrong belief of Christianity. Eisenman therorizes that the NT Paul is the liar and wicked priest of the DSS and has instilled this as fact in many minds of the ignorant. This teaching has been the central them here on ATS for long time.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
the OT and NT were collated in an Epic Tale...

a Epic-Tale for the masses which includes Eschatology from the coded messages from time-traveling ETs
(Epic Tale is a long winded Poem)

the ancients once had the KING + PRIEST persona in charge-of-the-known-World...Nimrod comes to mind...

Just why the future, Jesus 2nd Coming Kingdom is a return to the King+Priest Paradigm, escapes my reasoning !

did the Trinity Godhead run out of inspiration ??
edit on th30156977644429002019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the ancients once had the KING + PRIEST persona in charge-of-the-known-World...Nimrod comes to mind... Text

If you look further back from the Sumerian, Akkadian and even the Ubaidian cultures you will then understand the cuneiforms of the Kings list. These angels of over 200,000 years ruled this world till the great flood of Noah and were then imprisoned as Adam left the Gan Eden.

My point being that Kings and Priests were appointed thousands of years before Nimrod by the celestial fallen ones and governments are toady patterned from this that was taught by the celestial host that was cast from the heavens of the Creator.
Naturally my opinion.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

the ancients once had the KING + PRIEST persona in charge-of-the-known-World...Nimrod comes to mind... Text

If you look further back from the Sumerian, Akkadian and even the Ubaidian cultures you will then understand the cuneiforms of the Kings list. These angels of over 200,000 years ruled this world till the great flood of Noah and were then imprisoned as Adam left the Gan Eden.
My point being that Kings and Priests were appointed thousands of years before Nimrod by the celestial fallen ones and governments are toady patterned from this that was taught by the celestial host that was cast from the heavens of the Creator.
Naturally my opinion.

Ah Ha, a member with facts beyond the 12th grade level...

yes indeed the King+Priest leadership was 'bestowed' upon the human clans as a 'model' to copy so that human societies could be run well...

Nimrod was just the example I used as Bible Epic lore is pretty much familiar material for the Core Educated masses

but, you have not enlightened me as to WHY the Jesus, reanimated from Death, returns from the other dimension called Heaven -> Returns to Earth to establish a 1,000 Year Kingdom with Jesus as King+Priest over the 1 world Empire...

considering that King-Priests (Gods) were absent from modern history since about 5,000 BCE and absent up to our present era of 2019 CE... so God is reestablishing the God-King or Priest-King after some 7,000 years of human kingdoms/empires/caliphates only to have a King-Priest create a Kingdom to Rule over humanity and to only last a mere 1,000 years while Satan is chained-up (after the 7 seals 7 bowls/7 vials kill of 8 billion humans)
edit on th30156979718429462019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The Gospels of Thomas and Judas were enlightening, as well as the Infancy Gospels.

I totally agree. The Gospels of Thomas & Judas are enlightening, and I was almost a practicing "Thomist" for a while. Now, if someone held a gun to my head and made me choose a “religion”, I’d probably say I am a Taoist.

But how I got here was via the path of a "Failed Catholic".

What I mean by "failed" is that I was born & raised in a neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY where everyone went to the same Catholic church and if you wanted your kids to get a decent education, you sent them to the Catholic school that was attached to and affiliated with that church. School & church shared the same name.

Both were less than 2 blocks from my house.

When I was 10 yrs old I became an altar boy as it was a very prestigious thing to be chosen for in my neighborhood. I also loved the cadence, lilt and consistency of the Catholic Mass service - especially when it was conducted in Latin. It was comforting. No touchy-feely priests in my parish either and that whole disgusting mess wouldn't be made public until years later.

So, although I was immersed in the church and its related activities, the whole spiritual aspect of those experiences went right over my head.

I would serve 3-4 masses a day sometimes, running around changing my vestments all day depending on the service being conducted - regular mass in the early morning (black & white), a funeral in the late morning or early afternoon (purple, black & white) and then a wedding in the late afternoon or early evening (black, white and bright red or deep yellow). Additionally, I played baseball every chance I could get so I was busy as hell.

It was a great but totally non-spiritual life.

My Dad was a NYC firefighter and he and my Mom decided we needed to move the family 50 miles "upstate" when I was 14. So, my 3 younger sisters & I left the only life we had known - more than a little anxious about where we were going.

It turned out to be a great town and public schools were both excellent and much better funded than parochial schools in town so there was no need to attend Catholic school. The last time I set foot in a Catholic church I was 16. Other than weddings and funerals of friends and family I simply never went - and never missed it.

Went to college, got married, moved to CT and had 2 great kids. Although my wife & I were brought up in different Christian faiths, neither of us went to either church but after the kids were born we wanted them to be a part of a church so that they could at least get a sense of being a part of something larger than themselves. We chose a real "community" congregation that was right in our neighborhood. Most of our neighbors were members too. It was also about as far removed from the Catholic Church as it could be while still being Christian.

Also, about that time I began to feel that there was something really lacking in my life. I knew it was a spiritual hole in me, but I didn't want to go back to the catholic church - especially after not going to confession for 25 years! My confession and the following acts of penance would have taken *years*! The priest would have had to have food and water sent into the confessional for both of us :-)

So I began researching and reading about my church, Christianity as a whole, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, new age stuff - you name it. Amazingly interesting stuff and you really get a much more nuanced and detailed sense of history in the process.

My beliefs today are an amalgam of many faiths as I believe they all have different pieces of the "puzzle" but no single religion has the total picture. Neither do I yet, but who says Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Ra and reincarnation can't all be part of a larger whole?

BTW - I've never really talked about this or shared it in as much detail before. In a sense, writing this post was a sort of "religious experience" for me. [silly grin]. If you've gotten this far, I'm sorry for rambling and thanks for reading.

Others opinions and experiences are welcome.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

but, you have not enlightened me as to WHY the Jesus, reanimated from Death, returns from the other dimension called Heaven -> Returns to Earth to establish a 1,000 Year Kingdom with Jesus as King+Priest over the 1 world Empire... considering that King-Priests (Gods) were absent from modern history since about 5,000 BCE and absent up to our present era of 2019 CE... so God is reestablishing the God-King or Priest-King after some 7,000 years of human kingdoms/empires/caliphates only to have a King-Priest create a Kingdom to Rule over humanity and to only last a mere 1,000 years while Satan is chained-up (after the 7 seals 7 bowls/7 vials kill of 8 billion humans)

Substance change enters the conversation. The terrestrial part of Jesus has served its purpose and will never be a portion of this earth again. The celestial portion of the man called Jesus is actually the entire subject of our conversation. The terrestrial Jesus does not exist now and will never exist again. In His terrestrial death, Jesus had a substance change back to His prior existence as The Word Of God.

As He does return to this creation and be the Priest King of this terrestrial substance He will maintain His celestial stature. He will be a spiritual Priest King. He will be the Priest King of all that He created as The Word Of God. Not as the terrestrial Jesus but as the celestial creator of His own work. So what I am saying is that Jesus had a substance change from His celestial body to His terrestrial body and back to His celestial body. As He returns to this world it will be in His celestial body.

As The Word Of God reigns as the Priest King for His allotted time of 1,000 years, the 1,000 years is given to Him by the Most High to show this world that He truly is the Son of God. At this point of His reign all justified souls are removed from this earth and the entire world consists of only unjustified people of the most evil inclinations. Within this 1,000 years The Word Of God will reeducate the ungodly and show the world how to govern with the perfect will of Most High.

Now up to this point the Most High had given the angelic host many years to redeem themselves with no results but more evil. The very same happened with Adam and a renewal chance with Noah. Not one could govern with the permissive will much less the perfect will of The Most High.

Then why did The Word Of God come to this world? To forgive sin? Partly correct but not the main intent. The Word of God came to His creation to establish His kingdom. How so? To release those who were in confinement in the earth of Sheol and resurrect them with new spiritual bodies into everlasting life. Naturally their sins must be justified [forgiven] in order to become a citizen of the kingdom of heaven. This morphed into the love syndrome that we hear from most all religions today.

The Most High knew that one day this entire universe will melt into nothing and that those who were inprisoned in Sheol would also dissolve if left in this earth. With this knowledge the Most High then created a celestial realm [through His Word] for His justified souls and named it New Jerusalem.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

walk in the light as you see the light.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join