It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Priesthood and the 144,000

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you want to be one of the 144,ooo just PM me there are currently 143, 999 spots available.We can get you all set up.You ok with digging ,manual labor,and closed in spaces?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would argue but I don’t have the time
Two huge posts, mostly true but mixed in with a few untruths to confuse the ignorant

How JW people work, lots of information, way to much, confuse then throw in their little lies that pervert everything

Sorry you are mixed up in that cult but

Even worse, plenty of normal people are mixed up in semi Protestant/ reformed and main stream Christian cults or churches that are going cult
They see JW members and think crazy but don’t see what they are mixed up in.

What JW believers think is the church, the bible, the “something” is the way, something that Christians should note be aware of and avoid taking on in their lives

We Christians can be just as bad

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdgeofParadise
There is no doubt there are many so many that can be touched by these stories. Here are some more:

Former Enemies Who Became Friends

Now I Can Hear Jehovah

I Wanted the Real Life

Filling the Emptiness We Felt

All Things Are Possible With God

I Put Down My Rifle

Truth Transforms Lives

Jehovah indeed is doing a marvelous thing in the earth. And he is shaking the nations and bringing to him all the desirable ones whom he loves because of the condition of their heart.

Jehovah is a jealous, wrathful, hateful god. Just read your own ‘Old Testament’.

Open your eyes a little. This was a thread that went viral 11 years ago. It talks about your Jehovah, in great detail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What made me realize the difference between these people and Jehovah's Witnesses are many. One, they lie, and spread lies. Two, they are derogatory, they do not build you up. Three, they don't know the Bible, even though they claim to. Four, they are involved with this wicked world and the things in it. They get involved in war and politics. Are hypocrites, and practice things the Bible condemns.

Many of the experiences I posted on the previous page can help you as well see the difference. It's like a huge elephant in the room.

It is so obvious when you open your eyes. Jesus said that his people would be united worldwide by love. They all believe in the Bible and live by its standards and are united. I sigh in happiness knowing this. And know there are still many more out there, when they ask Jehovah, no doubt he will open their eyes.

The very fact no one has touched on any of my threads, but have deflected, and actually spread many lies shows not who I am, but who they are.

Jesus said you will know them by their fruit. And from the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. One need only to listen to what another says to know what is in their heart.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

And, this is the real Truth:

I was raised a JW and my mom didnt talk to me for 35 yrs after I left the church. It destroys families.

All the OP's heartwarming stories don't make up for the multitude of families that have been torn apart and destroyed because of this high control judgmental religion. The rank and file JWs don't have a clue about the reality of the organization they worship. Yep, it is the organization they worship while thinking it's God. They follow men and their doctrines in reality.

edit on 18-9-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Still haven't found anyone to discuss the thread. Just a lot of off-topic and obfuscation.

I will leave this with you, and that is it:

"The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who has been born from the spirit.”

The words of Jesus to Nicodemus. The wind blows where it will and you don't know where it is coming from and to where it is going.

If you can figure it out and explain it to me, then I might think you have some intelligence on the subject. Otherwise...

edit on 18-9-2019 by EdgeofParadise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

If you can figure it out and explain it to me, then I might think you have some intelligence on the subject.

And there you have it. "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." (Phil. 2:3)

Why don't you tell us what the Watchtower has told you is the meaning.

Let me leave YOU with this. "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Your thread was a rambling bunch of bologna, and your topic got lost in it. It gave me a headache to read it, it stank of the sickening self righteous superior attitude the Jehovahs reek of, Im going to go take a shower to get the stink off of me. eww

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

When Jehovah lead his people out of slavery in Egypt they came into the wilderness and at Mount Sinai they entered into a covenant contract with Jehovah to become his people. This is known as the Law Covenant, or the Mosaic Law Covenant.

This covenant was a two-way contract. Jehovah agreed to do certain things as long as the Israelites agreed to do certain things. But God said that if the Israelites would break their covenant contract with him, then God would do away with it, as the contract would become null and void in his eyes.

Where are the Bible verses for that? God never considers any of his covenants null and void. Just because the Jews couldn't keep up their end of the agreement doesn't mean that God doesn't. Just because He made a New Covenant for believers doesn't mean that the old was has expired.

The 144,000 that sing a new song that only they know, are "children of Zion".

Psalm 149:1-9

1Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.

3 Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

4 For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.

Go read Zechariah, chapters 12 through 14 to get a better understanding of how God will deal with the Jews. He refines a third of them and allows a 'remnant" to see his fulfilled promises in the Millennial Kingdom.

edit on 18-9-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sorry guys, he’s off his Jehovahs time clock. You won’t hear back from him for a while....

After all, even they need a break from their own BS ramblings.

It’s difficult keeping up. I’ve been there (full time pioneer), I know.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I was also a pharisee of pharisees full time pioneer, family at bethle and the farm. My great great grandfather was a JW. I still have sisters that have not spoken to me for 40 yrs. I was in my early 20s when I left. When my mom got dementia no one could take care of her so I ended up taking care of her until she passed. She didnt even know who I was.

Im not even going to go into the numerous family members that were molested by so called elders and ministerial servants.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm just curious. Did you leave because you no longer believed their teachings, or were you disfellowshipped for conduct unbecoming a JW?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I flew to New York a super zealous Reg. Pioneer. going to visit my "homeland". My cousins lived there she was the head of the household chore person. and he was like a personal secretary to Knorr. I think that was his name. Anyway, what I saw and learned from the behind scene tour opened my eyes to the truth, when I got home I wrote them a letter saying "If your Organization represents God, then he must be dead. I told them I no longer wanted anything to do with them. So I was disfellowshipped and it cost me my entire family.

I began to question everything. then one day I was walking down the road and someone yelled out the window of their red Cadillac "God is telling me I need to give you a bible". So I started reading the King James and wow I realized how deceived I was. It took many many years to undue the brain washing. But who the son sets free, they are free indeed.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Bottom line, I was Dfed for being an Apostate, which is way worse then conduct unbecoming a christian. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Oh yes. The good ole "apostate" label. They can't even eat with you, right? They shame you for thinking for yourself, or as they interpret it, "leaning upon your own understanding". Can't have any of that now can we.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Thats exactly why they disfellowship you. They wouldnt be able to stay in control if they allowed free thinkers and people who research on their own to stay in the church. You become very dangerous to them. With all the ancient texts available on line, there is no excuse for anyone to get caught up in this or any other cult religion.

The truth sets you free from all religions.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Thats exactly why they disfellowship you. They wouldnt be able to stay in control if they allowed free thinkers and people who research on their own to stay in the church. You become very dangerous to them. With all the ancient texts available on line, there is no excuse for anyone to get caught up in this or any other cult religion.

The truth sets you free from all religions.

I purposely ‘Disassociated’ myself back in February 2003. Which is literally the worst thing you can do as a JW — a true ‘Apostate’.

They announced my apostasy, on my mother’s birthday.

I knew the religion was BS.

To make a statement, I wrote a letter disassociating myself. Rather than letting them disfellowship me.

I knew the game.

Many left after me in Portland Oregon.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I sent my letter and left the church in 1981. I left my ministerial servant husband, and the church with 3 kids under 3 yrs old. After going to New York it was like expecting to open a pot of wonderful soup and finding putrid green maggot meat. I took my kids and ran. I knew in my soul there was something way not right with that Organization. And trust me disfellowshipped with 3 children under 3 yrs old with not one family member who would talk to me, was really really hard. Extremely unnecessary. They are the epitome of evil.

edit on 18-9-2019 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The watchtower is a heinous cult that appalls me, destroys families and lives with lies and manipulative acts and hides pardophiles in its congregation. And you agree with that you encourage that. Pity you

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Great movie about growing up as a Jehovah's Witness. I have a family member who is a Witness and he does not think outside the box whatsoever and every time I ask him a question based on the Bible and his thoughts he has to check with the Elders to see what he can respond to me with. So much for free will as per God.

www.amazon.com...
Actor Eric Stoltz's feature film debut based on the book of the same name. Author Tony Dushane wrote a semi-autobiographical tale about coming of age during the Reagan years as a Jehovah's Witness. His many humorous struggles with sexuality, discovering Punk Rock and Charles Bukowski led to a most tragic and liberating implosion.

edit on 19-9-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join