It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much hate against (red) meat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I preach a balanced diet to keep a balanced endocrine system.

As someone that needs to stay ahead of health fads I can agree with you about the it's all about the money statement.

Yellow of eggs is healthy again woot woot. I can finally eat them again. Just need the plebs at the gym to catch up now. They still always Browarning me when they see me having breakfast after a session with my sunny side up eggs.

Lol I kid, I never stopped when the doctors changed and said it was bad. I knew they'd see the errors in their ways eventually.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Your reply was interesting, but, "

Veganism is as much a financial force as the meat and dairy lobby.
" is a lie. While some big companies do have vegan products, they have much more at stake concerning their much larger meat and dairy operations. Furthermore, sole dairy and/or meat companies far outweigh sole vegan companies in terms of profit and power.

To say veganism is has just as much lobby power as meat&dairy is just nonsense. One internet search and I found a dozen articles of the meat or dairy industries spending millions on lobbying. Not to mention their industry funded studies far out-weight any studies funded by a vegan company.

I know you're arguing the middle ground, but this argument that veganism has just as much power as meat & dairy is just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Because they taste a lot better than Brussel sprouts. It's not rocket agriculture.

Human beings were designed to overcome their environment. The question is: can our tools outrace the consequences of using them on an industrial scale?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

Yea, it's bizarre how often eggs change. Many so-called "studies" are funded by dairy industries and then picked-up and sold as truth by news agencies. Maybe the constant change between eating "egg yolks or egg whites" is to simply keep the idea of eating eggs on people's minds.

Vegan/vegetarianism is trending. However, so is the massive backlash against this trend. A vegan diet is also about ethical beliefs, so It's a bit different than other trends like the keto diet, or w/e/

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As if we could feed a world of 8 billion people without GMOs or industrial food production.

Look, the only thing that has ever slowed the human population is 1) disease 2) natural disaster 3) war. Which one's are the "sustainable farms" folk rooting for?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Well, I actually think you missed the whole point. My argument is they are one and the same players. The same farmers involved in cattle feed production are the same farmers involved in producing vegetables for the vegan market. Of course the meat and dairy corporate lobbyists are more defined since their industry has been around much longer, so their voice is stronger due to more money.

There may be a pretense of seperation but a farm is a farm. One year that farm may produce soybeans, the following season following traditional crop rotation the farm may produce a traditional table vegetable and sale it to a commercial industry player who slaps an organic label on it, meeting very slim guidelines for what is actually organic. Some believe that applying herbicide and pesticides to raw soil prior to the actual cultivation of the crop still meets the organic label, others do not.

The money puts are largely the same. Since meat and dairy account for the majority of profits they of course account for the most noise made. Meat and dairy are also marketing organic and hormone free products so I am certain they spend time marketing propaganda for those products which come from within the same supply chain. Are there smaller producers of organic items that are produced with loving care, of course but these producers are much smaller and largely regional suppliers, but again utilizing the same chain utilized by traditional products.

They do share the same clout and do have the same monetary power because both the vegan/organic and dairy/meat industries are one and the same. More spent towards dairy/meat producers because it's where the beef is so to speak. The vegan organic market is smaller so does not require the same marketing campaigns although much more was spent in the last 10 years promoting veganism and organic products than ever in history.

It's not a lie that that both industries are on equal footing when you accept that they are the same industries burning the wick from both ends. This latest push of impossible meat burgers, chicken, and other products introduced nationally in large franchise outlets are not accidental but a result of the industry realizing that money to be made is at steak. Follow the money behind these products and you are likely to find the same players period.

And not sure of what propaganda exactly you are specifically upset with, but the loudest and most ill informed voices are those of the vegan activist. PETA and off shoot groups are as guilty as the meat and dairy board as far as misinformation as not every facility is guilty of some of the more heinous activities they often accuse the entire industry of, many incidents are usually due to practices adopted by individual workers and not standard practice, although overcrowding and other atrocities can be attributed to the industry.

A recent raid, otherwise known as vandalism and theft involving PETA activist and small French rabbit farmers resulted in more deaths of animals than they rescued. Many of them died from suffocation from the activist cramming the rabbits in cages attempting to free them, instead they just cruelly killed them slowly. Perhaps you could share an example of propaganda that would shed light on your argument instead of just calling me a liar

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
150 billions animals slaughtered a year for food industry is indeed a lot of hate.

The bigger the animal the less are slaughtered per second,

but like 100 cattle slaughtered every second is too much hate, still.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

It's not hate, its hunger...yum

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: fernalley

Nonsense. The cattle industry is a giant compared to the trending beyond burgers. They evdn get help from the feds to shoot wild horses that use graising land.

Every bite of burger boosts harmful greenhouse gases: UN Environment Agency
UN Environmental

Two companies making headlines, and money, in this space are US-based Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat, both of which have received the UN’s highest environmental honour, the Champions of The Earth award.

These innovators, described by UNEP as “plant-based revolutionaries,” invested in research to strip the basic building blocks of meat down to protein, fat, water and trace minerals, recreating meat entirely from plants—at a fraction of the cost to the environment.

Unless you consider the UN far right they are promoting this and attacking these industries via climate change and land rights.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I hate red meat.

I hate it overcooked.

I hate it slathered in crap.

I hate it without butter.

I hate it too lean.

That being said, I'll have mine rare. 🥩

Mooo . . . 🐂🐃🐄

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

I don't know what the stupid name for it would be, but for 10 years I ate no land animals (fish, plants, eggs, dairy.)

Then...I had a bison ribeye from a grass-fed bison from a friend's family's farm. It was more like a hobby farm (6-7 bison, a couple dozen chickens, 4 pigs, a small apple and pear orchard and plenty of veggies grown in seasonal rotations - its become my retirement dream/plan.)

Anyhow, that sealed it. Smaller meat portions (usually), but I try to stick with the good stuff. Local, small-time farmers as much as I can. Overpriced from the grocery store otherwise lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Because a keto diet keeps you healthy.

Eating all those filthy carbs and sucking up to that sugar kills you.

And of course Big Pharma and Fast Food Joints - LOVE/PROFIT when you're eating crap.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
ROC, You seem sincere in your inquiry, so I’ll respond. This is for you, not the NBA jokers... or fad chasing rascals.

We refrain from eating meat because the Lord has ordained it. ‘Thou shall not Kill.” This killing is for the dogs. You are not a dog, you know better than to eat flesh. A dog does not. A dog does not know what is “Self” or soul. All the living entities are endowed with spirit soul. When they are killed they suffer unduly. If you eat the flesh of that animal the consciousness of that suffering is transcendentally absorbed by you.

Meat eating is criminal in as much as it is illegal to drive a man from his home or apartment unprovoked. If you drive him away illegally, you are a criminal. So too is the meat eater a criminal when he is driving the living entity away from it’s own constitutional position residing within the material body encumbered. If the animal is killed the living entity must take residence elsewhere. This applies to all living things. And this is Christ’s message, as it is Mohammed’s, Buddha’s, and Krishna’s...

Veganism is nonsense as it ignores the importance’s of the cow in civilized society. We are not living in a civilized society. Civilized humans protect animals. That is not presently happening in the Western world. Unfortunately, vegans do not understand that the COW specifically is designed by the Almighty for a symbiotic relationship with Humans. It eats grass which offers little nutrition and turns it into milk which is abundant in nutrition, but it also provides more than the calf needs. That surplus is the Mercy of the Lord. Admittedly vegans are correct that factory farming is not tolerable, and should be abandoned. But in doing so, we must not abandon cow as a whole.

DOGSTAR23 - Hoping you can reconsider your discontinuation of the vegetarian diet and come to a new platform of understanding that this subject is not about your belly or the small portioned taste of flesh, but your true SELF, your spirit/soul, not your body, but YOU.

edit on 18-9-2019 by MrAlphabetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Link this with the other thread on GMO-Georgia Guidestones Depopulation and my tin hat says you've got the answer.
Read meat is "evil" because our masters want us all to become vegetarians so it's quicker and easier to kill us off with GMO vegetables.

That is my opinion here at this conspiracy site, just because we all need to keep in practice on the theory part since most of our old theories have succumbed to manifesting in corporeal reality by now. Flat earthers excepted.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

I eat meat and fish and grain and vegetables and fruit.
I think that makes me pretty smart too.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Money,they all get paid well for advertising,meanwhile they eat like everyone else,just like the purpose of TVa reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

top topics

<< 1   >>

join