It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Song Based On Shastric Scripures...Yes's "The Revealing Science Of God"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm a huge Yes fan, especially everything up to their ninth studio album,"Tormato."

Listening to "Tales From Topographic Oceans" is a philosophical and religious experience for me. The double album, released in 1973, was described by many critics as being overindulgent, but for me and many Yes fans, it's a magical, transcendental experience that is "based on singer Jon Anderson's interpretation of a footnote in Autobiography of a Yogi (1946) by Paramahansa Yogananda that describes four bodies of Hindu texts, collectively named the shastras."

The Revealing Science Of God (Dance Of The Dawn), is the first song on Tales and it highlights Anderson's mystical lyrics and the band's captivating melodies. It's the beginning of an 80 minute long immersive and emotional journey.

"Young Christians see it from the beginning
Old people feel it that's what they're saying"

Yep, I feel it...goosebumps from Rick Wakeman's epic synth solo, starting at the 18:35 mark.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

A huge fan of Jon Anderson and his work with Vangelis but I've not sampled Yes yet .

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out .

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sounds like some late 80s early 90s synthesizer music from video games. If the game was on meth.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Is there such a thing as the science of God? What exactly do you hypothesize about and what experiments do you conduct?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Sounds like some late 80s early 90s synthesizer music from video games. If the game was on meth.

My God, I think I developed an eye twitch from just 30 seconds of trying to get into it. I guess it just doesn't resonate with me. I know a lot of the 5-10 years older than me people were really into Yes.

top topics

join