It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Clock; Hovers closest to "Midnight" since 1947.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ADVISOR

Russia found a cleaner way to take out the USA.

Put a president in who sucks up to them.

Their economy is still in shambles, most of the sanctions have stayed in place....

Most experts say they have just been trying to sow divisiveness by playing both sides of any heated subject to pit Americans against one another.

There is more evidence Trump has been tough on Russia than sucking up to them from what I've seen.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Trump haters, locked and loaded in full blown, need-for-institutionalization TDS, flippantly making up whatever is needed to project the image of how bad Trump is. (with no actual facts, they don't matter anymore when you've gone slashing your own wrists mad)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Trump haters, locked and loaded in full blown, need-for-institutionalization TDS, flippantly making up whatever is needed to project the image of how bad Trump is.

Where is Trump even mentioned in the OP ?
Perhaps you should get your TDS checked out.

We don't need to project an image to show how bad Trump is , we have twitter for that.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i wonder...... where is the best/cleanest area to be on this planet if this scenario plays out!??

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Probably the Mariana trench or somewhere equally submerged and remote I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
i wonder...... where is the best/cleanest area to be on this planet if this scenario plays out!??

I noticed New Zealand looked to be pretty far out of harm's way. Though, with that much nuclear fallout, I think you'd be screwed no matter where you are.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Can’t wear Levi’s anymore. One, because they are no longer made in the US. Two, they are any anti-2nd Amendment company.

And seriously, you can barely shove a ten year old flip phone in the inside pocket of the Sherpa lined jean jacket let alone a pack of 100’s and a zippo.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Russia found a cleaner way to take out the USA.

Put a president in who sucks up to them.

Jesus Wept 🤦🏻‍♂️

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

It doesn’t seem to mention how the majority of nuclear power stations would also go into meltdown as EMPs knock out power grids or are abandoned and unmanned

Everybody dies, absolutely everything and anything

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

I suppose that back when that comment was made, much of it was all just theoretical and an exercise in possibilities. However to ''suppose'' that either side would refrain from using all that they have in the way of bombs is a big big ''if''.
Likewise the armories also included the neutron bomb at that time, a bomb designed to limit the physical destruction while at the same time spreading the widest possible human casualties.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

trump is dumb enough.
He is just itching to blow something up.

Doesn't matter what party you favor it seems they all are itching into blow something up.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

trump is dumb enough.
That's funny. I don't remember Trump getting involved in anything like the bs in Syria and Libya. I'm sure that stuff was okay though because it was Obama.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Attention -

The posts are getting a bit close to political trolling and you are not in the Mud Pit. Please keep that in mind to keep from being Posting Banned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
With Iran stirring up all these problems in the middle east and becoming more aggressive with their nuclear threats, the clock may as well be set to 1 minute to midnight. Suppose North Korea allies with Iran or something, would it then change from minutes to seconds?

But I think the clock is flawed and pointless...

I don't foresee many events happening that will add minutes back to the clock

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wooden school desks will do
1970s style

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Last time I checked that clock ain't hardwired to anything... Should be safe

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Good question and probably inside it- apparently even in a relatively small exchange there would be extreme changes to the global troposphere due to soot and dust - also thought TritonTaranis made a very good point about meltdowns at unattennded nuclear power stations.

See 20:00

''On The 8th Day'' is chilling, a result entirely consistent with its aim. The one-hour documentary explores the possible ecological and atmospheric consequences of nuclear war, particularly as they would be expressed in a ''nuclear winter.'' Darkness would shroud the Northern Hemisphere; temperatures would fall. The planet would survive, but not as a hospitable place.

Not to sound pessimistic but as well as prolonged nuclear winters it's also speculated that radiation sickness, deformed births and starvation/cannibalism would be prevalent.

Anyone who hasn't seen this 1984 BBC docu-drama should really watch it - it's better than most horror films.

Threads (1984) [REALISTIC look at nuclear war
edit on 18-9-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

trump is dumb enough.

Yeah... of course he is! Remember that whole drone getting shot down thing with Iran!? The very first thing he did was blo... wait a minute. He didn’t blow anything up.

Weird.

The only dumb I see here is this post.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
After the beginning salvo's between the US and Russia I see India and Pakistan going nuclear. Iran will attack Jerusalem and/or Saudi Arabia. I think China will stand back and let it all happen without their participation. China will be like the vulture. They will emerge the dominant power.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join