It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope: Pentagon Is Keeping Secret Too Terrible To Be Told On Aerial Phenomenon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Title of this thread is greatly misleading. Pope doesn't know that the Pentagon is keeping "terrible secrets." He is assuming. Of course, he might be right - but he is not privy to a dark secret that the Pentagon knows and we don't.

No one is keeping "terrible secrets". Pope may not know but neither do you. I'm assuming that Pope may have been in communication with other countries ufo agencies and exchanged information and may have been not happy 'cause there was nothing to disclose. They all worked with the samo, samo, boring paperwork, files full.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I've been thinking lately the Navy UFO videos are hoaxes with fake video overlays that are fooling the pilots as some kind of crazy military psychological experiment like the Millgram experiment:

That almost sounds more ridiculous than aliens, and even more conspiratorial. Fantasy.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
US Navy confirms the 3 UFO videos are REAL.

Here's Richard Dolan's take on it.

Richard Dolan is not a Navy spokesperson. He's just someone who doesn't know anything that we don't know. Who cares what he has to say?

He knows a lot more than you do

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
#1 ATS active debunker. You have not answered my question from another thread. Is you working hypothesis that the phenomena, ie UFO/ET is natural or human military technology? Is there any reliable information in your diligence to suggest anything other than the aforementioned?

"Blue Book was eventually closed not because the US Government decided UFOs did not exist but because there was no evidence they were the result of technology beyond our scientific knowledge or that they were extraterrestrial."

This, as many of your statements, is a contradiction of terms unless you know that Blue Book was a covert part of a classified data sweep to understand the nature of the phenomena with a public front. Certain data was folded into other projects carried out through contractors and other military like, the CIA, NSA, DIA, NRO, ONI. You espouse a reason intended for domestic consumption. In any case, the public disclosure of Blue Book conclusions did not include all the information abductees and CE's where the Government knew it could compromise intelligence. If you think otherwise you are not informed on the other study groups, projects, or classified information.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

The "phenomenon" is more than likely a number of different things. Including military technology, misperceptions, delusion and religious like fervour. And yes maybe it could be alien in nature. Every UFO sighting does not mean it was an alien spacecraft.

I would gladly accept some convincing proof of an alien presence anywhere on Earth.

Is there any?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: play4keeps
....In any case, the public disclosure of Blue Book conclusions did not include all the information abductees and CE's where the Government knew it could compromise intelligence....

And who was abducted before 1969?

Allegedly Betty & Barney Hill. ...over to you to list the others.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

And who was abducted before 1969?

Allegedly Betty & Barney Hill. ...over to you to list the others.

Good question! B&B may have been the first widely reported alleged abductees, but researcher Jerome Clark managed to dig up a case from 27th Nov 1896 when a certain Colonel H.G. Shaw plus friend were attacked by "three tall, slender humanoids whose bodies were covered with a fine, downy hair who tried to abduct the pair."

Leaping forward in time, an Oct 1953 issue of 'Man to Man Magazine' published an article wondering, "Are the Flying Saucers Kidnapping Humans?"

"Are an unlucky few of us, and perhaps not so few at that, being captured with the same ease as we would net butterflies, perhaps for zoological specimens, perhaps for vivisection or some other horrible death designed to reveal to our interplanetary invaders what makes us tick?"

The book 'Flying Saucers Uncensored' (1955) by Harold T. Wilkins included the case of Karl Hunrath and Wilbur Wilkinson, alleged alien contactees who had disappeared under mysterious circumstances, leading to a claim of "alleged abduction by flying saucers".

Further info here.

There is also, of course, the 1957 Antonio Villas Boas abduction (and sex romp), but yes, it seems abductions were comparatively rare before Betty and Barney.

Another Betty and Barney, at the time of the Hills' regression, were ironically less than impressed by their friend's abduction in 1964:

edit on 21-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yep , Pope has gotten too carried away with Ancient Aliens and all the ET shows he has appeared on.

When I first read this I found it astounding and strange, "The Vatican owns more telescopes and observatories than any other organization, private company or government. "
When your business is Heaven I guess it's your job to watch.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply. Military tech, misperception, delusion, something so technologically advanced that it can only be explained as magic or "godly", something so metaphysically advanced that it can only be explained as "paranormal," and ET, but of course.

You are correct, and unfortunately until either the US Government makes official disclosure and release of exotic technology that is deemed to be ET/temporal in nature, or ET decides to uncloak to the masses with mass simultaneous display, you will not get it.

However, you can not give me convincing and normative proof that there is not a genie in a bottle floating in orbit around the Earth just because I have not seen the genie. I would give you a better metaphor, but I can't so until the other two events actually occur, keep up with the high horse skeptics.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I have met exactly five. None met the following criteria with CE-4 direct contact and observation: military technology posing as an ET, misperceptions, delusion and religious like fervor. At least IMO, admittedly. One was a USAF Major. The other worked for Lockheed Martin. So, anyway.

Any opinions on Travis Walton? That's pretty famous. Incidentally, only in the US do they refer to this as abductions, elsewhere it is something akin to a blessing.

The intelligence, as "people in these programs" are briefed, is there are a few species and they have different purpose with regard to intention. Some are malevolent, which is the topic of this thread and I believe what NP was trying to state.

Now, this other guy on here, the gentleman with the semi-Asian face pic says there is a whole lot of nothing to anything to anything so secret or terrible about anything related to ETs or species intention. I beg to differ. For now, most people can pick a Steven Greer vs David Jacobs side of the debate, with LMH or Dolan or whoever to try to sort out our reality about what is actually occurring.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka
Sir, what exactly is the argument that you are making? You seem to state on one hand there is zero logical evidence for ET crashes, contact, or Government interaction with other species. On the other hand you state,

"Those that do not accept the reality of UAP are ignorant because they're conditioned. Their ignorance will disappear once they have a sighting."

So, seeing is believing? I never saw an atomic bomb blast or the Apollo landing but the preponderance of evidence is that those events occurred. So, are you a skeptic on the Apollo landing because you were not a witness to the event?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

"Boy, are you a poor thinker."

Its a tough life when everyone is more ignorant than one's self.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

People get abducted. Still no proof it was by aliens. It seems aliens prefer Americans. There are no official stats because officially there are no alien abductions confirmed. But most of the stories seem to come from America.

Travis, oh Travis...He's been making a nice little sideline out of his story since 1975 hasn't he? When he won an award...

I don't think abductions are called blessings in the UK!

But if you think Nick Pope knows anything more than anyone else then you have fell for his charming English accent and successful attempt to hype his role at the UK MoD as the Head of the UFO Project.

There was no such thing. His job description at the MoD is a matter of record in MoD File DEFE 24-2000. It was mainly a desk job at DS8 - Defence Secretariat that involved dealing with queries from the public and media. A small minority of his time was devoted to UFO correspondence between 1991 and 1994. He has been out of any loop for 25 years (if he was even in one).

edit on 21/9/2019 by mirageman because: ...

GD

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny The terrible secret may not involve any little green/grey men. If they are extra-terrestrial, they've been coming here for a long time, and nothing bad has happened. If this tech is Chinese- that's a problem. A terrible problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Richard Dolan is not a Navy spokesperson. He's just someone who doesn't know anything that we don't know. Who cares what he has to say?

Er, because he is right! Those videos are official.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Travis, oh Travis...He's been making a nice little sideline out of his story since 1975 hasn't he? When he won an award...

And what about the other witnesess? Have they made loads of money from it? Are they going to ufo conferences, writing books?

The explanations skeptics have made does not make sense. If they all done this for money, or to get out of their contract, why has the story not changed?

Why is it that these workers, who are not close, apart from two if them, never came out to say it was a hoax? And if they know it is a hoax, why not come out and say it?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

For an armchair debunker, you certainly know a lot! You know that these ufos are not alien, you know that governments are not covering up information about ufos. How do you know all this? Do you know important people in the government?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter

He knows a lot more than you do

About boring stuff I don't give a flying saucer about and I probably forgot what he's researched. He's much younger than I am.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join