It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope: Pentagon Is Keeping Secret Too Terrible To Be Told On Aerial Phenomenon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Whatever the reason for secrecy is knowing there is something kept from the masses potentially dangerous 1 can imagine has a effect on the minds coming online or more aware. Do your best to keep your spirits strong and healthy. Do not fall for the traps that encourage hate of others like or unlike you.[...]

It would be nice to chalk it all up to spirit farming, but again, I'm not all that convinced that such things can be quantified or harvested like ears of corn. Yeah, we all have an individual point of view and maybe that can kind of count as a "spirit," but again, how does that become a commodity?

I've tried to imagine some hidden truth that is too horrible to bear, but I really haven't been able to come up with anything worse than just simple life and existence, which despite the few fleeting moments of joy and satisfaction we sometimes experience, is a long slog of pain and frustration and disease and eventual oblivion. If you were looking to torture someone as punishment for some horrible crime they committed, you almost couldn't pick a better method than throwing them into the frail body of a self-aware human and watching them flail around and try to distract themselves while they await their slow, agonizing decay.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I've tried to imagine some hidden truth that is too horrible to bear, but I really haven't been able to come up with anything worse than just simple life and existence...

I'm tempted to add: "Now, here's Tom with the weather..."

That's a damning philosophy, Blue, but isn't life and existence worth more than the oblivion of nothingness and its attendant inability to even concoct such a bleak philosophy, or any thought or feeling of any kind for that matter?

In the end, I suppose the recently deceased lead singer of Talk Talk said it best...

"It's just a ride."

(Bill Hicks - only a 32-year ride, but worth it.)

ET would agree (just to get us back on topic).

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
That's a damning philosophy, Blue, but isn't life and existence worth more than the oblivion of nothingness and its attendant inability to even concoct such a bleak philosophy, or any thought or feeling of any kind for that matter?

I don't know. You kind of have to be alive to give it value, and once you're dead then it all amounts to exactly nothing. Less than nothing, really, since oblivion doesn't keep time or score. It's like those grottos or catacombs you sometimes see pictures of where someone has covered the walls with skulls and bones. Each one of those skulls used to belong to an actual living person with hopes and dreams and joys, but now they're just ornamentation. Ask them if it was worth it.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If you can factor in more advanced beings then humans with information and or technology related to the human paranormal realms generating reality with some advanced light technology. Then the reality of which you analyze and process with minimal vision ability can be controlled. The better control system presents less doubt of it's presence to those within it.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Less than 1% of all light that reaches us is in the visible spectrum. By most estimates it comes out to about .0035% of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. So because the human eye is incredibly limited in its range, we see only that one tiny fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum.

It's risky to base your perception on something barely processed or understood...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: Blue Shift

If you can factor in more advanced beings then humans with information and or technology related to the human paranormal realms generating reality with some advanced light technology. Then the reality of which you analyze and process with minimal vision ability can be controlled. The better control system presents less doubt of it's presence to those within it.

If that's the big, scary secret, it would be interesting to both know it to be true, but also to see how humanity in general would react to it. Although, there are plenty of religions out there that already have something like that built into them. Maybe we'd all become Gnostic Christians railing against the demiurge Saklas / Yaldabaoth who created this reality and woke us into it like a Frankenstein's monster.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In 1957 Antônio Villas Boas was yanked off his tractor and raped! How could anyone who studies UFO's forget this seminal alien abduction event?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
And why on Earth can skeptics make money off of UFO's but abductees should not?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris
The Hunk lives in his own fantasy world of no aliens and everyone who says otherwise is lying. It is a waste of time reading his post, just as it is responding to him.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RawHeadRex
Pretends one minute not to take a position either way and the next minute he is (at the least) insinuating about the most extreme positions.

Is Pope a dope?

I am glad someone else has noticed this. It is like he plays both sides. Like he is trying to make both sides happy and not commit either way.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
snip

Pope is one of the worst sources to quote. He was lucky to hold a cushy job where he received sightings reports and he filed them. He didn't produce a product and he really doesn't know any more than you and I. Besides, when you hear him speak he gives himself away as a devout believer. Skepticism is far from his belief system. That's why Ancient Aliens love him and Richard Dolan, his twin.

I suspect that many observers are like me--we were skeptical for many years, but at some point one must acknowledge reality.

The case for intelligent creatures other than ourselves being in the universe is overwhelming.

Skeptics also think the climate is not changing. Rather gives a bad names to good solid skepticism.

Yours is a typical reply that lacks logic and reason. How can you have been skeptical and do a turn around and become a believer? You have no evidence nor can you produce any to verify that we are not alone in the universe reason does not override common sense. Until we find out otherwise we are it.

The climate is changing as it has since "creation". Science supports that planet earth has been and continues to evolve. Climate change is not really supported by real scientists, only by uneducated loud mouths.

climate.nasa.gov...
Climate Change: How Do We Know?

The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ah , haven't you heard ? Nick Pope is a MI5 Shill Propagandist . Check your " Sources " Son , they just Might Lead you astray ........

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yep , Pope has gotten too carried away with Ancient Aliens and all the ET shows he has appeared on.

When I first read this I found it astounding and strange, "The Vatican owns more telescopes and observatories than any other organization, private company or government.

When your business is Heaven I guess it's your job to watch.

They are looking for God the creator in all of the wrong places (and I thought those lying thieving civilization destroyers were more enlightened than this). We are God *individualized* experiencing ITSELF.

They're not looking for god in the wrong places as there is no right place. Mythology may have roots in truth but not this time. There is no jewish god, they created it and now you are a slave to a manmade creation.

What is this? I was speaking specifically of the Catholic God or the only god the Vatican recognizes other than greed/power: ITSELF (apologies to all Gods that came before).

We are straying from the thread's topic but you are wrong, there is no catholic god, the vatican is the spokesperson for a catholic-ized hebrew gpd. The mythical jesus was a mythical jew. Why isn't that clear to you. Yes, the vatican is the greediest power on earth. But it's successful only by catholic slaves. Where did all of thee other "gods" go, they were just replaced by fear of death. Ask the Aztecs, the Mayans, etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What if the secret too terrible to tell is really all about carbon transfer?

Elements and resources are abundant throughout the universe, but what isn't is intelligent biological life, perhaps that, is the rare resource, above all else.

Perhaps each intelligent species is special in some way as they provide a vital biological resource produced by our bodies.

What? Who knows.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Actually, you are using some of my views and making it sound as if they are your view. Ergo: plagiarism!

What? So if anyone holds hour view, or part of your view, then they are using your views, but trying to make it sound like their own lololol Seriously?

It's clear this is not about the ufo subject, but about you you you, and only you!

Your words: "Well? What you should be saying is "there is no evidence ufos are Alien" there is no evidence aliens are visiting earth"

Read my replies, you are almost quoting them.

Your words: "The way you say it is very smug, makes you sound like a know it all, which is not good!"

I know it all, since 1958. You're a latecomer, you and the rest here are newcomers and still learning, not too well.

Your words: "What do we know? We know that some ufos defy explanation. What they are? We do not know. Until we know, then they could be anything!"

Your words: "You do not know, I do not know. Could governments know more? Of course they could! Who knows!"

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
And why on Earth can skeptics make money off of UFO's but abductees should not?

A ton of alleged (read: lying) abductees have made unearned money and publicity thanks to gullible believers. I'm grateful for public libraries. Some skeptics have also made money and they're more enjoyable to read that the boring abduction books by amateurs, and the professionals fare no better. Budd Hopkins, John Mack, Stanton Friedman, Stan Romanek, David M. Jacobs, all scam artists. Give me a break!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris
The Hunk lives in his own fantasy world of no aliens and everyone who says otherwise is lying. It is a waste of time reading his post, just as it is responding to him.

Then why do you bother, unless you enjoy being tortured by a superior mind? Find something else to occupy your mind 'cause the last thing you are in this forum is contribute anything worthwhile.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

" superior mind? "

Let me Guess , your a Giant Shrimp , Right > ?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RawHeadRex
Pretends one minute not to take a position either way and the next minute he is (at the least) insinuating about the most extreme positions.

Is Pope a dope?

I am glad someone else has noticed this. It is like he plays both sides. Like he is trying to make both sides happy and not commit either way.

No, he's not a dope, his bank account must prove it. He has money, fame, and Mirageman proved that he is a scammer riding on knowing nothing that is not on the public record. And he is on Ancient Aliens, can you beat that? With the "hair guy" yet!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Nick makes a Living Selling Fantasy to those who think because of his PAST Employment , he Somehow has Credibility ? Ah , Yeah Right ............

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join