It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken Vindaloo Lager and the JFK assassination BEST Red Dwarf episode ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
"First you have to override my guilt chip and disable my behavior protocols."

Red Dwarf - S 7 E 1 - Tikka to Ride

Later in the episode is one of the greatest quotes in science fiction history ever:

"Chicken is good"

"One minute you're down. And the next you're right back up again!"

edit on 17-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My favorite show ever....
And , way back when , my then 5 year old grandson would remind me it was on as we would sit and watch it together.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm a fan of Red Dwarf. And was watching this but sorry I got hammered by ads. Might watch it on disc.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I'm a fan of Red Dwarf. And was watching this but sorry I got hammered by ads. Might watch it on disc.

Kind regards,

bally

I think all of it is available on Netflix. I have ad-blocker installed so sorry I didn't see the ads.

This season 7 episode 1 is just the best! I found the science fiction part of Red Drawf to always be very good and thoughtful.

edit on 17-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Kind regards,

bally

I think all of it is available on Netflix. I have ad-blocker installed so sorry I didn't see the ads.

This season 7 episode 1 is just the best! I found the science fiction part of Red Drawf to always be very good and thoughtful.

Funny isn't it? While I disagree a lot with your point of view in other topics I have found a new regard for you and your sense of humor. You are now exposed dfnj2015.

I will now use this as a 'chink' aye.

Good on you mate, 'Red Dwarf' is truly original and a fine example of science fiction comedy. I like all the characters.

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Way too many classic quotes but some of my faves ...

Kryten: “The poor sucker must have written it using a combination of his own blood, and even his own intestines.”
Rimmer: “But who would do that?”
Lister: “Someone who badly needed a pen.”

Rimmer: “Step up to Red Alert.”
Kryten: “Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.”

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Way too many classic quotes but some of my faves ...

Kryten: “The poor sucker must have written it using a combination of his own blood, and even his own intestines.”
Rimmer: “But who would do that?”
Lister: “Someone who badly needed a pen.”

Rimmer: “Step up to Red Alert.”
Kryten: “Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.”

Classics.

Especially the way the lines are presented. Cracks me up all the time.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Funny isn't it? While I disagree a lot with your point of view in other topics I have found a new regard for you and your sense of humor. You are now exposed dfnj2015.
I will now use this as a 'chink' aye.

I tend to lean a wee bit to far to the left for most people. The thing is I am a firm believer in free-market capitalism wringing out the inefficiencies of CEO pay and improving the overall quality of products and services through competition. The thing is business in the World today is like the most beautiful family going to church every Sunday. Their cloths are perfect. Their manners and posture are perfect. But when the family is alone at home the husband is having sex with daughter. The mother is always drunk or on drugs. The son is out every night committing crimes and gang banging. On the surface everything looks fine. Underneath it is the most immoral, degraded, evil behaviors possible by man. But everyone who knows "the family" just pretends everything is peachy and clean because they look so good as a "family".

I am not an anarchist. I am a firm believer in the rule of law. It's just I think most people put party before country. Most people think their opinions are facts. And I think organized crime pretty much runs all governments at this point.

But as you say, it's nice to think we can at least appreciate good well-written comedic and science fiction writing in a TV show together. Maybe there's hope for the human race. But I don't think so when it comes to politics. I tend to be a nihilist when it comes to value of politics. I just don't expect it to really ever matter anytime soon.

When it comes to politics I feel like I am also the stupid daughter in the family. It irritates me being the daughter all the time. It doesn't really feel like love and after it's over I am mostly depressed and unsatisfied.

edit on 18-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join