It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens if Trump Won't Step Down?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You mean the very same Constitution that limits a president to 2 terms, at most? Yeah, you must have mistaken your toilet paper with the Constitution if you think having more than 2 terms is acceptable.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Zelun

What would this look like I wonder?

Maybe in an effort to keep power, he will hire a former spy to get fake dirt on his opponents from a foreign power

Then he will use that dirt and have his intel agencies spy on his opponents

And maybe he will leak a bunch of misleading stuff to the press about it

Oh wait, sorry!

The Dems and media have told us that is all ok!

You missed the step in which you use the media reporting of your leaked dirt to corroborate said dirt.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Let Americans choose how long we want to keep a given President in office. If it's for several 4-year chunks in a row, or non-contiguous 4-year chunks, so be it.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Didn't FDR serve 4 terms before the law was written limiting potus to 2 terms?
As it was not specificied previously?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah, well nobody wanted another 16 years of Democrat rule. But I think that's besides the point. There's NO way Trump doesn't step down if defeated in 2020. Speculating about "what if" scenarios plays right along with Alinsky's first rule: "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have." Again, Trump is doing the same thing against his opposition: making them think he's thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh
So trump has wizard powers?
Mkay
Thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I agree. I also agree that Biden will end up with the nomination, to ultimately lose. I'm not afraid to be wrong.

The point of the thread is to sort of highlight a couple things:

1. Trump is living rent-free in Democrats heads, and it's making them say really stupid things.

2. Trump is using their own tactics against them, and it's working bigly. (This marks the first time I've used the term 'bigly' in a non-ironic context.)

3. It's working so well that it's making their best thinkers backtrack on some of the stupid, STUPID things they've done in the meantime like the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, and restoring things to the way they should work. It's almost like he's making them Make America Great Again, despite themselves...

4. this is sort of an afterthought, but Geltzer's comments in this interview are SO obtusely contradicting compared to the furor we experienced just after the election, so self-unaware, that it's possible this guy is trolling Slate. If so, bravo Josh.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Oh
So trump has wizard powers?
Mkay
Thanks

What? That seems hyperbolic. Trump probably just read "Art of War" and took it to heart. He looked up Hillary's senior thesis topic, Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and used it against her, and it worked so well that he's kept using it. It doesn't take a wizard's robe to read books...

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah! Oh, I didn't ask that question. That was the title of the article. Take a look at the OP again, I think you'll like it. I had to split it up into three posts.

The interview between Josh and Dahlia is such low-hanging fruit that I have to wonder whether it's intentional, or whether Josh was trolling Slate, or (the most likely scenario) Josh has a book coming out soon.

Best!
z

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Yeah I read the link, and didn't intend to write it that way pointing at you.

This tactic of news agencies using so called "experts" who then come forth with total fantasy scenerios about Trump this, and Trump that are like a broken record. And the more ludicrous these hypothetical situations are, the easier they who dislike Trump will believe it's a true scenario that could happen.

Right before Hillary lost, but they all thought she was a surefire win, they hypothesized that Trump wouldn't accept the elections results, and then the next day the democrats wouldn't accept the election results and they still don't.

This is them gearing up for a Biden victory beforehand when he should be in hospice care now, with a priest on standby to read last rites, and all of America is laughing at what a sad joke it is that they think Biden even has a chance.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

"You know, that is not the way our democracy works. We've been around for two hundred and forty years, we've had free and fair elections, we've accepted the outcomes when we may not have liked them, and that is what must be expected of anyone standing on a debate stage during a general election. You know, President Obama said the other day, when you're whining before the game is even finished, it just shows, you, you're not up to doing the job. And let's, you know, let's be clear about what he is saying, and what that means, he is denigrating, he's talkin' down, our democracy, and I, for one, am appalled that somebody who is the nominee of one of our two major parties would take that kind of position." - some lady

edit on 18-9-2019 by Zelun because: I think she said "you know" and not "no" but I might be wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

You know, I read your initial reply at least 20 times, then your subsequent reply maybe 5 times, trying to wrap my head around your perspective. I must just not be smart enough. Best guess is English isn't your first language. So I'll move forward with that assumption. If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry enough for both of us. Here goes:

You can't fire your employer, best you can do is quit. If you don't give notice that really puts them in a hard spot! Though not really, it just destroys your chances of getting a good reference, so you're only hurting yourself.

So in this scenario, some despicable person (presumably Russian?) payed me to author a thread on ATS. Well, that would be rule-breaking in any other forum, as accusations of shillery are prohibited, generally. Cheers to you for finding the one place where accusing me of being a shill is permitted. For what it's worth, I'm not. I understand you won't accept that, but if you accept my acceptance of your non-acceptance of that, we should be good, right? RiGhT?!

So your advice, in this case, is to seek...how did you put it? "Seek some assistance."

I want to expand on this one. Your phrasing was so very delicate that I barely caught your meaning. After much though, hours of self-reflection, my meditation led me to the conclusion that you refer primarily to psychological therapy, though anything that might help me through this delusion that this interview on Slate, written by a liberal opinion writer, of a former "official" of the Obama admin which indicates that Trump might not step down if not reelected so steps must be taken NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE probably shouldn't be taken too seriously, would be welcome.

I mean lets be real, what duties do the 'senior director for counterterrorism' actually hold? It's a non-statutory position, it isn't enumerated in the National Security Act of 1947, so it's a legacy staff position, basically a legal aide to the Director of National Security. He probably had the Director's ear on...things, but basically a file clerk. Nothing against file clerks, Einstein was a file clerk at the patent office when he came up with Special Relativity, though he wanted to call it the Special Theory of Invariance, but I digress. Let's say he was an analyst, and he was there the longest, so he got "senior director for counterterrorism" and by the longest I mean like 2 years, so a lot of upward mobility in that office. I mean ffs, it's not even capitalized in the article, even the author doesn't think it's a real job.

Let's get back to my mental health; am I in danger? What would you recommend? Pills? Talk therapy? Shock therapy?! I'm down, but only if you come with me, and you have to maintain eye contact with me the WHOLE TIME. Understand? Otherwise I'll lose my #. I need you boo. I need your support.

ETA: Nice screen name, racist.
edit on 18-9-2019 by Zelun because: I totally forgot to reference the racial epithet to which your screen name alludes.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DBCowboy

You mean the very same Constitution that limits a president to 2 terms, at most? Yeah, you must have mistaken your toilet paper with the Constitution if you think having more than 2 terms is acceptable.

More than 2 terms would be acceptable if the constitution was amended.
Unlikely, but still, 3/4 of the Senate and House, with 2/3 of States is not impossible if the Democrats continue burning themselves to the ground.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
He would probably just fall down.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What if Obama is a jihadist masterminding the demise of America. If we are going to write stupid fantasy why does it always have to be about Trump?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No thanks. As much as liberals are starting to hate him now, Washington set the precedent for a reason. There was no law, the people wanted him to stay, but he didn't. Brilliant man.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Hey broth..sis...fellow human, totally non-robotic, I didn't write it. You can thank Dahlia Lithwick and Josh Geltzer for that.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

What happens if Bush doesn't step down? What happens if Clinton doesn't step down? What happens if Bush doesn't step down? What happens if Obama doesn't step down?

This refrain got old a long, long, long time ago...

George Washington stepped down. Madison stepped down. Carter stepped down. Etc... By the time they're done, the Presidents want to leave. Most of 'em look far older than their actual age, most of the time.

They can not stay. Congress wouldn't allow it. The Constitution certainly doesn't allow for it. The military wouldn't go for it. Law enforcement wouldn't allow it. ...and sure as shootin', the public wouldn't think much of it either.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I know. Why do these people keep doing these stupid scare tactic hypotheticals.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Nobody has forgotten the whole "rigged" election calls coming from trump in 2016.

When asked if he would accept the election results he pretty much said only if I win.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join