It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens May Consider Earthlings To Be Pretty Good People Compared To Others They've Met

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I tend to think that extraterrestrials do like us somewhat...

They keep fixing our sun so it won't blow up in our faces.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: Lumenari

Ok, that movie was amazing. Thank you for bringing it into my life.

The sheep bit towards the end was absolutely wonderful.

If you're a Monty python, Rambo and 80s zombie film fan, then this movie is for you.

It's one of my favorites and you are welcome!

But I have been told I have bad taste when it comes to movies...

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
I hear again and again...If aliens are smart enough for interstellar travel then they're smart enough to steer clear of we war mongering humans. But it may be that in the grand scheme of things we humans aren't such a bad bunch.
After all the vast majority of us are not waging war or commiting acts of violence. And for the most part we're an empathetic, caring bunch. Most of us exist peacefully with our neighbors and coworkers. We love our families and cherish our friends. And we are capable of unexpected heroism when the need arises. So maybe the aliens, who presumably know more about other planetary civilizations than we do, know that we are a promising group, worthy of their time and effort. And perhaps as with us they have their own bad apples as well and understand that doesn't negate the goodness of the majority.

Ok, we can agree that most people just want to live in peace. But who controls our nations, laws and what to do if aliens show up?? Is it peacefull people or warmongers? Who keeps voting these warmongers in, and who does NOTHING to stop the madness (other than keep voting every 4 years).

Yes, most are peacefull people, but they keep election warmongers to represent them. Those are the same people who are gonna represent us, if we make alien contact, ...the warmongers... ...a choise made by the "peace" lovers...

in the grand scheme of things, we might not be so bad yet, but only because we still are stock on this planet. So we can only look at how we behave towards other species here on earth. So what do we do to other species on this planet?
We kill and destroy them! Make them go extinct! So how peacefull are we really?

We would be so far behind any species that is capable of interstellar travel, that communication with them properly would be hard, would we be able to understand them, from their point of view?

What if those aliens have sex with their children? Or does some other stuff that is normal to their culture, something that we dont accept in ours? We dont even like our own human culture, and kill each other over it ALL THE TIME!!!

I may be wrong, but i sincerly doubt that any intelligent species out there, would want to have anything to do with us, until we have evolved further, and learned to live in peace with our own neighboors, here on this planet.
Everyday this planet becomes more and more divided, you would properly spend your time much better, worrying about who youre gonna be at war with next, and how much more innocent life that is gonna be destroyed because of that - that is, if youre one of those peaceloving people you talk about, else nvm.
We don't vote for the war mongers. Elected officials come and go, but the real war mongers...the permanent government...is the military industrial complex. Oh, and Eisenhower originally called it the military industrial congressional complex.
edit on 9/18/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

I hear again and again...If aliens are smart enough for interstellar travel then they're smart enough to steer clear of we war mongering humans. But it may be that in the grand scheme of things we humans aren't such a bad bunch.
After all the vast majority of us are not waging war or commiting acts of violence. And for the most part we're an empathetic, caring bunch. Most of us exist peacefully with our neighbors and coworkers. We love our families and cherish our friends. And we are capable of unexpected heroism when the need arises. So maybe the aliens, who presumably know more about other planetary civilizations than we do, know that we are a promising group, worthy of their time and effort. And perhaps as with us they have their own bad apples as well and understand that doesn't negate the goodness of the majority.

This is a good point IMO - and I agree.

The long-held narrative that ET wouldnt find us interesting could just be more garbage to hold us down. No scaling us against the cosmos - just “us” and “them”. We could actually be really good relative to a lot of the “them” out there.

This also suggests that the narrative that “they” would find us uninteresting is just trickery to align with the “we haven’t found life outside of this planet” narrative. Make us primitive relative to “them” and say they would never come see us on that basis - one more reason they’ve never been here or seen them officially. All in support of the cover up.

Can you please provide some links or qoutes from people, to show that "long-held narrative that ET wouldnt find us interesting"? I have NEVER heard about that, and i find this subject very interesting myself, so would like to read about that.

I dont think many people believe that though, I personally think they would find us very interesting. Just dont believe they would contact us yet, for as long as they can avoid it - other than to maybe say "stay out of space".
And again i dont believe they would make themself known to the janitor, no matter how much of a nice guy he is. They would go to our queen/ruler, whomever that might be. And we all know that the rulers dont like to keep secrets, and they tell us everything, so we can make an informed decision when we vote, right? Else it would be to easy for 200 russian trolls to convince the entire USA to make trump president, based on fake news...
People are stupid, and iam not talking about dems or reps or any other group, iam talking about all of us, as in HUMAN BEINGS ARE EFFING STUPID! If i was them, i would much rather go talk to a dolphin or a dog, or almost any other animals than human beings...
I stand by what I said. It may be that compared to other technological civilizations 'out there' we may seem like the love children of Albert Einstein and Mother Teresa.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This could be a very common theme - as races advances, they go through these periods of violence. We may be exactly where they would expect us to be, based on our evolution and technical advances. But regardless, other species might very well keep a close eye on any race that has both warlike or conquering-like tendencies, and technology to move beyond their own neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We are business opportunities for Alien UFO Tours compagnies. Terrian Safary, all included.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
We are business opportunities for Alien UFO Tours compagnies. Terrian Safary, all included.
LOL I 've mentioned several times on here that I plan on opening an alien gift shop selling earth trinkets to visiting extraterrestrials. You gotta take the opportunities where they come.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
This could be a very common theme - as races advances, they go through these periods of violence. We may be exactly where they would expect us to be, based on our evolution and technical advances. But regardless, other species might very well keep a close eye on any race that has both warlike or conquering-like tendencies, and technology to move beyond their own neighborhood.
You're right. Warlike interstellar travelers would bear scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

How about, if you think this way about alleged extraterrestrials, you quote a source that supports their reality? You can't answer my question because there are no sources. If I was an alien I'd steer clear of contact with humans, the fleas of "creation". Some of what you say is true that we're not waging wars... but we elect losers as politicians to dictate that we do so. And acts of violence? You gotta be kidding. Look at the news on TV and read newspapers: violence all over the world driven by stupid religions. Yes, normally, most humans are a caring bunch. But caring humans join the military and they wind up killing the innocent and come home as heroes.

To cut to the chase, pray that if so-called aliens who may not necessarily be from way out there, ever contact us that they be superior to us and not allow any violence toward them as our armed aircraft are ready to do. Humankind, big mistake.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

I was thinking tourists also. Probably 90% of civilizations like ours self-destructs, which means there aren't that many around the galaxy. So we're very special to peace-loving aliens. They probably feel sorry for us.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

How about, if you think this way about alleged extraterrestrials, you quote a source that supports their reality? You can't answer my question because there are no sources. If I was an alien I'd steer clear of contact with humans, the fleas of "creation". Some of what you say is true that we're not waging wars... but we elect losers as politicians to dictate that we do so. And acts of violence? You gotta be kidding. Look at the news on TV and read newspapers: violence all over the world driven by stupid religions. Yes, normally, most humans are a caring bunch. But caring humans join the military and they wind up killing the innocent and come home as heroes.

To cut to the chase, pray that if so-called aliens who may not necessarily be from way out there, ever contact us that they be superior to us and not allow any violence toward them as our armed aircraft are ready to do. Humankind, big mistake.
Someone's hurt you, haven't they?

edit on 9/18/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: MissSmartypants

That could be the case.

Or maybe we taste better than others they have meet.

"I'm full, how about you?" "Pass me another brain".

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: MissSmartypants

That could be the case.

Or maybe we taste better than others they have meet.

"I'm full, how about you?" "Pass me another brain".

Now I see what you're doing...describing us as "fleas of creation" certainly makes us sound very unappetizing and not very meaty as well. Very clever on your part. And if the aliens fall for it we'll all have you to thank. I don't think it's too early to start bandying the word "hero" about.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The long-held narrative that ET wouldnt find us interesting could just be more garbage to hold us down. No scaling us against the cosmos - just “us” and “them”. We could actually be really good relative to a lot of the “them” out there.

This also suggests that the narrative that “they” would find us uninteresting is just trickery to align with the “we haven’t found life outside of this planet” narrative. Make us primitive relative to “them” and say they would never come see us on that basis - one more reason they’ve never been here or seen them officially. All in support of the cover up.

Can you please provide some links or qoutes from people, to show that "long-held narrative that ET wouldnt find us interesting"? I have NEVER heard about that, and i find this subject very interesting myself, so would like to read about that.

I dont think many people believe that though, I personally think they would find us very interesting. Just dont believe they would contact us yet, for as long as they can avoid it - other than to maybe say "stay out of space".
And again i dont believe they would make themself known to the janitor, no matter how much of a nice guy he is. They would go to our queen/ruler, whomever that might be. And we all know that the rulers dont like to keep secrets, and they tell us everything, so we can make an informed decision when we vote, right? Else it would be to easy for 200 russian trolls to convince the entire USA to make trump president, based on fake news...
People are stupid, and iam not talking about dems or reps or any other group, iam talking about all of us, as in HUMAN BEINGS ARE EFFING STUPID! If i was them, i would much rather go talk to a dolphin or a dog, or almost any other animals than human beings...

www.news24.com...

Also, the Zoo Hypothesis is largely predicated on us humans being extremely primitive:

www.sciencealert.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Edit: let me add that I may have been too strong in my wording on my OP. I supposed Ive seen a number of comments over time that suggest aliens wouldn’t be interested in us or Earth as we’re ants compared to them and Earth is unremarkable. Both of those things might be true - but given our quest to find other forms of intelligent life and earth like planets - with not much in the way of results at this point - perhaps we’re unique enough to be of interest and the notion of scarcity is a universal concept.
edit on 19-9-2019 by EnigmaChaser because: Missing info

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

www.news24.com...

Also, the Zoo Hypothesis is largely predicated on us humans being extremely primitive:

www.sciencealert.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Edit: let me add that I may have been too strong in my wording on my OP. I supposed Ive seen a number of comments over time that suggest aliens wouldn’t be interested in us or Earth as we’re ants compared to them and Earth is unremarkable. Both of those things might be true - but given our quest to find other forms of intelligent life and earth like planets - with not much in the way of results at this point - perhaps we’re unique enough to be of interest and the notion of scarcity is a universal concept.
Scarcity of intelligent life is a very good point. That certainly would be a possible explanation for aliens being interested in us. And what if we were the first intelligent species they've encountered. And perhaps not having encountered intelligent life previously in their travels they may have assumed it didn't exist ( other than themselves of course) and they could be trying to figure out how to go about first contact with a sort of trial and error approach. And if so, just think how exciting it must be for them. The greatest discovery in their history I would imagine.
editby]edit on 9/19/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 9/19/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join