It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancel culture backfire; nyt fact checker outed making racial and gay slurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
twitter.com...

A nyt fact checker was just outed as having made all sorts of racist and homophobic tweets

I don’t want her to lose her job

But this is the culture the nyt and the democrats have cheered for

She admits to making the tweets but deleted them and apologized

Ironically she retweeted a post just the other day saying the guy that got fired for the exact same types of slurs from snl, Asian and homophobic, will he just fine

Remember, the nyt that does this for a living, digging up old comments or accusations to ruin lives, have said its an attack on the press when it happens to them.

Again I don’t want her to lose her job.

Unfortunately the only way cancel culture will end is when those promoting face its wrath.
edit on 17-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Weird.

I want her to lose her job.

Let's just level the playing field here.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Weird.

She probably deserves it after mocking the snl guy just days ago

But no, I won’t become what I hate

I don’t begrudge people for wanting her fired for her hypocrisy though

But still I would defend her
edit on 17-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
She might be a prejudging racist !! 💫

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It's up to her bosses at the NYT to decide whether or not she loses her job.
Obviously, she is a talented hypocrite...so they'll probably give her a promotion.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Weird.

She probably deserves it after mocking the snl guy just days ago

But no, I won’t become what I hate

If don’t begrudge people for wanting her fired for her hypocrisy though

But still I would defend her

I completely understand where you are coming from and you are one of the few here on ATS I admire for being not only consistent, but for also always taking the high ground.

But I also understand guerilla warfare vs Rules of Engagement.

There are times where we have to fight in the trenches, intellectually.

My humble opinion is that is the exact reason Trump was elected in the first place... America voted for a street fighter, not a choir boy.

So people like you are needed to remind people like me that there still is a higher ground.

I still want her fired though.

I'm not you.

edit on 17-9-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don’t want her fired if it opens her eyes along with her followers and fellow employees but sadly that probably won’t happen. So canning her is a great consolation prize.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just scanning her other tweets

I’m addition to basically mocking the snl guy for being fired

She seems to really focus on racial and gender issues

Isn’t it odd how many people who want to focus on racism often times have no problem acting in racists ways themselves?

She would probably see racism or sexism in questions such as “where are you from”. She has tweets discussing how prevalent racism is all they the country

Yet she is decrying Asian women with slurs saying she doesn’t like going to their shops

Again, don’t want her to lose her job

But it’s a great example of how some of the most vocal race professionals project on to others exactly what they are

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A lot of the time, those who cry out the loudest against something are the biggest 'perpetrators' so to speak.

A good example is when anti-gay church leaders yell and yell about how horrible it is to be a homosexual, come out as gay.

I think it is a coping mechanism people use to hide feelings they feel are wrong.

There was just one this week (I'll see if I can find the article) where a guy that helped run a gay conversion therapy camp came out and admitted how wrong he was. It's truly sad, really.

Edit: tablet isn't letting me copy links but if you look up Mckrae Game you'll see the articles. And correction, he was the FOUNDER of this nationwide conversion therapy program.
edit on 17-9-2019 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

She close with Sarah Jeong? Another NYT employ.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't have to scroll down to far on the Twitter before I found mention of it

edit on 17-9-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

She close with Sarah Jeong? Another NYT employ.

Yep

Or maybe friends with joy Reid

I’m a simple man

I have friends that I disagree with on all sorts of issues

I respect people with different opinions than me

But man oh man am I so tired of smug hypocrites

And cancel culture from the left is one of the worst examples

Constantly calling for people jobs, boycotts, etc. when it suits them politically, and then defending peiplebon their side that do the exact same things

And then the nyt actually had the nerve to say that it was an attack on the press and dangerous to the country for people to act like the media and nyt amd dog up the history of them

The hypocrisy enrages me

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Weird.

I completely agree. Grambler, you're too nice. I do want to get rid of cancel culture in every single way, but I also don't want it to be one of those situations where they cancel people they don't agree with but protect those they do.

I guess I find it hard not to find a little schadenfreude every time those on the left seem to get in trouble for their own stupid rules. I shouldn't, but I do. XD

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The NY Times employs a fact checker?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I've often wondered why a 9th Amendment lawsuit isn't brought forth against the organizers of these cancel culture crusades. What they do certainly goes beyond what a reasonable person would consider speech. Combine that with the fact that our Declaration of Independence spells out inalienable rights we have, including the pursuit of happiness. The Ninth covers all rights not specifically enumerated. One would think it's worth a shot to file on those grounds. Who knows..it just may put an end to this nonsense.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Canadian pm and super woke dude Justin Trudeau has just been outed as wearing blackface to a party in his past

time.com...

I will continue to say as long as he wasn’t intentionally disparaging black people I don’t this is a big deal at all

Even if he was an apology is fine by me.

But.....

He super woke, and the cancel culture he helps prop up has set the rules
edit on 18-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Canadian pm and super woke did Justin Trudeau has just been outed as wearing blackface to a party in his past

time.com...

I will continue to say as long as he wasn’t intentionally disparaging black people I don’t this is a big deal at all

Even if he was an apology is fine by me.

But.....

He super woke, and the cancel culture he helps prop up has set the rules

WOW.
If he was a conservative he'd already be impeached.
Lucky that Leftists get a pass on being Racist.

top topics

join