It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City schools want to ban chocolate milk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, it's not going to stop expanding waistlines.

If they really wanted to do that, they'd add a serious gym program to the school day.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
:::starts using his grumpy old man voice:::

When I started going to school, we didn't have chocolate milk at school. All we had was regular, whole milk.

And we liked it!

I have no issue with the removal of chocolate milk from the school. It's added calories without added benefits. If they don't want milk, there is always the water fountain.

They can have whatever they want outside of school...

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If they really wanted to do that, they'd add a serious gym program to the school day.

They could do that plus parents could take responsibility for feeding their kids a healthy balanced diet and not fill them with junk to keep them quiet , obesity starts at home.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Feeding kids junk doesn't keep them quiet. It does the opposite.

Do your research. Kids on a processed food diet of junk are more hyper, get hungry faster, don't think as well, etc.

Since there is some question of whether ours has hearing related distraction issues or is borderline ADD/ADHD, we work diet and exercise with him. We control his diet at home and he never gets on the bus without having had at least 20 minutes of exercise prior. But I know he's not getting tip-top food at the school, and I live with it.
edit on 18-9-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, im not sure how schools are now, but i remember chocolate milk being an option to get with every lunch meal. Same with soda.

NYC isn't trying to make kids hate chocolate milk. They are trying to get them to form healthy habits. If chocolate milk is an option to get, then alot of kids will get it everyday.

Nothing wrong with a little desert, unless that desert becomes apart of your everyday meal. Which is why they probably banned it. Should kids have the option to get ice cream with lunch everyfay?

Or should we be trying to get kids used to eating healthy options?

Honestly, why are we even debating this? If a Republican said, " we're removing choc. Milk and soda as a way to improve the health of our students in schools" you all wouldn't be having a fit.

edit on 18-9-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
We had milk delivered every lunch and white milk was definitely the minority

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just think of all those oompa Loompas loosing their jobs and homes if they have to stop making chocolate milk drinks!!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I think the option should exist purely for the purpose of teaching children to handle freedom and choice. How do you get kids to make healthy choices if there are no real choices?

Funny though, I don't recall ever having the option of soda at school until high school, and by then I was driving home for lunch every day because the food was better.

At any rate, we had the option of chocolate milk of white milk. I never liked chocolate milk despite being a choco-holic because it was too sweet.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Dependency = servitude. This is what happens when too many people become dependent on the society for their basic needs, like healthcare. Society begins to think they have a right to start telling you how to live your life. Lest you cost them more money.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Feeding kids junk doesn't keep them quiet. It does the opposite.

Do your research. Kids on a processed food diet of junk are more hyper, get hungry faster, don't think as well, etc.

Since there is some question of whether ours has hearing related distraction issues or is borderline ADD/ADHD, we work diet and exercise with him. We control his diet at home and he never gets on the bus without having had at least 20 minutes of exercise prior. But I know he's not getting tip-top food at the school, and I live with it.

Keeps them quite while eating though. I was surprised to hear the majority of studies so far haven't found a connection between sugar and hyperactivity. All things in moderation makes sense

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

I was a more than a bit angry the day he came home and I discovered they'd had a sub who had fed them candy all day in school though. He had a belt test that night for tae kwon do, and it was plain he was majorly affected by the all-sugar diet. He passed, but it was not one of his finer moments.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I never got the rabbit connection. Maybe I don't really want to know.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why do they add high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) to chocolate milk.

They do not add it to regular milk.

If you look as the history of obesity in the US you will find a big spike after they started using high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) to replace suger.

HFCS often contains toxic levels of mercury because of chlor-alkali products used in its manufacturing.

And you worry about mercury in Vaccines given your kids.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

This is just a Blatant Attempt by White Milk Producers to Discriminate Against Milks of Color ! This is an Outrage I Tell You ! .............)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

This is just a Blatant Attempt by White Milk Producers to Discriminate Against Milks of Color ! This is an Outrage I Tell You ! .............)

ROFLMAO... Yeah, them racists in New York...

On a serious note, there is more obesity because many kids these days spend most of their free time with their cells phones, or with their computers.

In the 80s, and 90s I drank a LOT of chocolate milk as a child and as and never got obese. In the 80s I was a bit fat as a child, drank a lot of coca cola/coke as if it was water, but when I started wanting to go out with girls, at about 15 years old, i enrolled in Martial Arts, stopped drinking sodas, and practiced Ninjitsu with Sensei Juan Hombre Dopazo. I got lean within 2 months. Kids these days need more physical activity, they spend too much time on their cell phones, and with their pcs.

edit on 19-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join