It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Ancestors Were All Vegetarians?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Nearly!

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

If you want to return to your ancestral diet, the one our ancestors ate when most of the features of our guts were evolving, you might reasonably eat what our ancestors spent the most time eating during the largest periods of the evolution of our guts, fruits, nuts, and vegetables—especially fungus-covered tropical leaves.
But the truth is, for most of the last twenty million years of the evolution of our bodies, through most of the big changes, we were eating fruit, nuts, leaves and the occasional bit of insect, frog, bird or mouse.
Here though I am using the definition of vegetarian that most humans use where someone is a vegetarian if they decline meat in public but occasionally, when no one is looking, sneak a beef jerky. The modern vegetarian's illicit beef jerky is the ancestral vegetarian's crunchy frog.

This imo was a pleasant read. It doesn't seem to have some agenda like most articles out there that are put out by some industry that tells you you have to eat what they produce or be deficient until you do. It doesn't guilt trip you either way. It points out we were mostly vegetarian, but opportunistic omnivores that sometimes munched on animals, instead.

Nowadays the modern diet seems to be reversed. Inverted. Continentally US people typically have eggs, sausage, and/or bacon for breakfast. Burgers, dogs, or ham sandwiches for lunch. And steak or like a quarter or half chicken for dinner, with vegetables just as 'sides'.

Maybe the meat and pharma industry like it that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, obviously, our guts are more evolved then

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Modern humans invented the internet, on a diet of fast-food hamburgers and tacos.

Meat filled burgers and tacos.

The internet was built on meat.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

Technically scientists think that the human brains enlarged and developed because our ancestors ate bone marrow and brains.

They scavenged kills from bigger predators.

A link you might not like from American Scientist.

And of course we won't even get into the Inuit, who lived off of fat, meat and lichen...

Or a certain African tribe that lives off of milk and blood.

In 1995, Leslie Aiello and Peter Wheeler developed the expensive tissue hypothesis to explain how our huge brains evolved without bringing about a tremendous increase in our rate of metabolism. Aiello, then of University College London, and Wheeler, then of Liverpool John Moores University, proposed that the energetic requirements of a large brain may have been offset by a reduction in the size of the liver and gastrointestinal tract; these organs, like the brain, have metabolically expensive tissues. Because gut size is correlated with diet, and small guts necessitate a diet focused on high-quality food that is easy to digest, Aiello and Wheeler reasoned that the nutritionally dense muscle mass of other animals was the key food that allowed the evolution of our large brains. Without the abundance of calories afforded by meat-eating, they maintain, the human brain simply could not have evolved to its current form.

We're omnivorous.

Meat played a pretty big part in getting us where we are right now just because it's an easier way to get protein then from plants.

Simple math, I'm afraid.

edit on 17-9-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nowhere in the history of my ancestors did they ever say "I will pass on the steak could you hand me some of those moss-covered leaves."
edit on 17-9-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Nowhere in the history of my ancestors did they ever say "I will pass on the steak could you hand me some of those moss-covered leaves."

Well, it's actually possible that they did but you never heard about those ancestors because they died off pretty early and never had children.

link   
But where are are right now is morbidly obese, diabetes, cancer, etc.

No?

link   
The occult teachings I have read thus far have all seemed to claim that eating meat is a no no. It wasn't normal long ago. For pure survival I believe there are exceptions. Just sayin..

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi

No?

Speak for yourself... I know how to eat right.

ETA... let me address this properly.

American citizens are fat and have a lot of diseases because of...

1./ The air they breath. If you live in a city, you are breathing a toxic mixture of split atoms that are coming out of tailpipes.

2./ The water they drink. If you live in a city, you are not drinking real water, bathing in real water, cooking with real water, washing your clothes with real water. You are drinking, eating, bathing in and wearing an unnatural chemical soup.

3./ The food they eat. I can't even START to go into how much crap is in our food supply right now. Try eating wild meat, garden, can, have an orchard. Have some respect for your body, FFS. Garbage in, garbage out.

4./ The lifestyle they live. Sedentary and glued to a computer screen isn't life. It's ending your life early.

5./ The rest of their environment. Surrounded by high power lines, microwaves everywhere, cellphones cooking your frontal lobe, off-gassing from every plastic thing around them and toxic chemicals in the things they use to clean their homes.

In short, meat isn't the issue sweety.

By a long shot.

And for the record, Cancer isn't a disease. It's a symptom of a screwed up immune system.

edit on 17-9-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Cows are also "vegetarian" but if you give them the chance to eat meat, they will.

citation since you all want to see a video of a cow eating a chicken

www.smithsonianmag.com...
edit on 17-9-2019 by dubiousatworst because: edit with source

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi

No?

We ate meat for thousands of years, before it became a "problem"... just like gluten.

Most modern health problems are rooted in processed sugars, and hours spent online... instead of outside.

I could also mention the constant barrage of "medical professionals", decrying the hazards of a meat filled diet... while writing countless prescriptions for medications that we don't need.

Don't change your diet... dump all of the pills, and take a walk.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
Cows are also "vegetarian" but if you give them the chance to eat meat, they will.

citation since you all want to see a video of a cow eating a chicken

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Same with squirrels. I was horrified when I saw this girl on campus feeding them general tsos.

There are thousands on that campus alone and you're going to risk giving them a taste for meat? I don't want to be eaten alive by bloodthirsty squirrels thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Isn't that based off a hypothesis and not a theory?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Now that's a horror movie

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Do you consider evolution as a fact, a theory or a hypothesis?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

More politically correct BULL# for the gullible.
The reference is a blog entry (e.g. beerhall opinionpiece and worth as much) - would NEVER pass for any sort of scientific article, as it
ignores KNOWN HISTORY !!

Human prehistory is replete with flint tools, from even the time before we mastered fire. Tool-making is what separated us from apes.

The primary purpose of prehistoric stone tools was to hunt, kill and butcher animals.
Hunter-gatherer societies predate ALL agricultural societies.

But hey, we can't have recorded history and artifacts offend carefully constructed narcissist metrosexual libtard vegan SJW theories, can we ?

If libtards insist on re-writing history, they better raid the Smithsonian/museums and start disappearing historical evidence in defense of their latest vegetarian BS theory.
edit on 17-9-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I need to find my reference, but the volume of human grey matter correlates with the consumption of cooked meat.

there is no b12, in the vegetable world...b12 is ubiquitous to cellular/mitochondrial fx.

So yeah, we are omnivores.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

We live in a predatory universe. Plants are sentient too, see Chandra Bose. Minerals as well, consciousness pervades all...stop trying to call one life more valuable than another.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

A fact and a theory.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join