It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Bans State Sponsored Travel to Iowa......

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Farm work makes a man. I spent 23 years of my life driving 150 miles to the country and back on the weekends to work my Papaws tobacco farm. The whole family did it for him year after year. Of course Papaw always drove the tractor

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KYRick

Honest Hard Working American's Do Not Deserve to see their Prodigy Living in a Future Country that does not Cherish LIBERTY Above All other Things . Might as Well just Lay Down and Die Already ...........

edit on 17-9-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KYRick
a reply to: Groot

Farm work makes a man. I spent 23 years of my life driving 150 miles to the country and back on the weekends to work my Papaws tobacco farm. The whole family did it for him year after year. Of course Papaw always drove the tractor

My grandpa came from nothing in Missouri to Iowa , and by the time of his death at 85 years old,had obtained thousands of acres of land . He was a true self made man. I became a man in those years I lived there. Neighbors helping neighbors with baling hay and such. Tossing bales of hay all day makes you strong.

Kind of miss those days now.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Honest Hard Working American's Do Not Deserve to see their Prodigy Living in a Future Country that does not Cherish LIBERTY Above All other Things . Might as Well just Lay Down and Die Already ...........

Nobody laying down there yet, it's only 8:30 pm.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Iowan checking in. To be fair, we discriminate against all California grifters regardless of their deviant ideologies. Were full anyway, so just stay at home weirdos.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

My Names NOT groot !.............)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

My Names NOT groot !.............)

Mine either, have a beer on me...

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The eleventh state to be banned? Is Alabama on that list yet? If we're not, how do we get on it?

I think they should ban travel for everyone in California, not just on the taxpayer bill. That'll show us. Come on California, go big or go home!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
LMAO you researched this well,California pays the highest taxes of all states,and Iowa is a goverment welfare state,subsidized by federal funds,and last I heard farmland under water,and no end in sight,so a foolish statement snowflakea reply to: ketsuko

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I only know two people that went through this and sure they were excited at first, but within a year, they were back where they were before they had the sex change. Except of course, many thousands of dollars poorer.

And don't forget the most horrible part - permanently mutilated bodies.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Cool, if it means no moronic Cali commies coming here ban us too! Please!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
Gender Reassignment Surgeries causes Civil War?

Nah, I don't think so lol....

It is an interesting thought.......but I dont see it happening.

By the same token however, I really have to wonder how much money California ever spent on tax payer funded government employee trips to Iowa. They probably get their potatoes from Mexico or China.........or hell, grow their own.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
California is bleeding citizens. Maybe this is the long con in banning Calif citizens from leaving the state, lol.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Alphabetically, Alabama is first on the list! You get the honors 👍

Alabama
Kansas
Kentucky
Mississippi
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas

I'm actually surprised Georgia isn't on the list since we have the "heartbeat" law.

ca gov website

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
LMAO you researched this well,California pays the highest taxes of all states,and Iowa is a goverment welfare state,subsidized by federal funds,and last I heard farmland under water,and no end in sight,so a foolish statement snowflakea reply to: ketsuko

Are you kidding me? Iowa feeds the rest of the country. Congress regulates prices of interstate commerce of agricultural goods via the commerce clause. When you go to the store to buy a gallon of milk for $3.80 instead of $13.80 we already know you are thankful, despite you being ungrateful.

ETA this data from 2012/2013 cuz its the first result i could find. Its even larger now.

Office of US Trade Representative
edit on 18-9-2019 by drewlander because: Office of US Trade Representative

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Alphabetically, Alabama is first on the list!

Well, just

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HA!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Wait a second. State Sponsored Travel?

Why would California politicians and college students get to travel on the taxpayer's dime to begin with?

I need examples.
edit on 18-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
CA is allowing some exceptions.

In other words, it really has no teeth. It sounds like more of a symbolic chastisement for your state possessing a different opinion than their state.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow
You are focusing on the minutiae. It is the rest of their political ideology that will spark separation or civil war.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Wait a second. State Sponsored Travel?

Why would California politicians and college students get to travel on the taxpayer's dime to begin with?

I need examples.

sports teams
academic conferences
agriculture conferences (California has a lot of ag)
various trade issues

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join