It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 2019 Hottest Month in Human History on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

"In what may be the week’s most unsurprising news, scientists have officially announced that this past July was the hottest month ever recorded on Earth."

Why NOW? Obviously things are cooling here in the northern hemi as we are just days away from autumn, but how come globally, July 2019 was the hottest month in all of human history?

And during that hottest month ever, CA experience its largest quake in 2 decades just the day after Independence. Coincidence? What next??

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

Coincidence? What next??

Hopefully, California will break off.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

you put your face between your legs and kiss your a** goodbye!!

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

BULL#

That statement is only true if you take out the Roman warming period and the Medieval warming period and if you "adjust down" the temperatures from the 1930s, when it got so hot and so dry over such large areas that huge clouds of dust floated around the south-western US... there is presently NO "dustbowl" anywhere in the US ...hence that "hottest month ever claim" is 100% manipulation for political purposes

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How hot was it in the Year 75000BC ?

😃

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The catch is that record-keeping of this kind doesn't stretch across the whole of human history, so the announcement doesn't match the headline.

If I tell you that August 1603 was much hotter, who's going to prove me wrong?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

July 2019 Hottest Month in Human History on Earth

And , August will be hotter.
Always is.
Every year .
Except for the folks in the southern hemisphere.
Your point was ?

edit on 9/17/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was wondering myself how they know for sure that this July was hotter than any July during the Medieval Warm Period or during Roman times. During both periods, there is good evidence to suggest the earth was on average a degree or two warmer than it is today, even with any Global Warming.
edit on 17-9-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yet it wasn't.

Nor was north/south hemisphere differential an issue apparently, as July 2019 was hottest month on 'earth' per source.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

And that didn't have anything on june of 1512.
Man what a scorcher!
edit on 9 17 2019 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Meh, I've had worse summers.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
But it's a dry heat.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The catch is that record-keeping of this kind doesn't stretch across the whole of human history, so the announcement doesn't match the headline.

Thus we see how facts are changed to alarmism. "Hottest Month in Human History on Earth"

Uh, no. Hottest month in recorded history? Sure. So why the change?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
www.scientificamerican.com...

"In what may be the week’s most unsurprising news, scientists have officially announced that this past July was the hottest month ever recorded on Earth."

Why NOW? Obviously things are cooling here in the northern hemi as we are just days away from autumn, but how come globally, July 2019 was the hottest month in all of human history?

And during that hottest month ever, CA experience its largest quake in 2 decades just the day after Independence. Coincidence? What next??

The calm before the storm. 2020 is the year the sun enters a grand solar minimum and the Earth orbits a cooler part of the sun, along with minimal solar flares. We've reached the peak of our heat, as is normal in the history of the climate on this Earth. In the Jurassic Era (which I believe humans existed), temperatures were 20°C or 30°C hotter. 170°F in the Summer. Yeah, we've got it real bad, barely reaching the hundreds.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Try hottest month in recorded history, after they went back and changed what little historical data they actually have a few times to meet their projected models.

Be a real shame if we saw actual data.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The hottest in human history ? How sure are we about that ? The official recorded weather records begin in 1870. Certainly we have other less official record but nothing regarding the period which would encompass the existence of the human population on earth. And no doubt there were periods of higher temps in all those millions of years
edit on 9/17/2019 by DJMSN because: corrections

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hottest in HISTORY?

Seriously, do you know how DUMB that sounds?

THINK

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We are cool people here in the UP. I think we had one day over eighty in July this year at Marquette.

weatherspark.com...

About an average year I guess, above normal by a degree one month and under by a degree or so the other month.

I would bet they are taking the temperatures in areas that are warmed by the sun. Pour a little asphault right under the temperature gauge.

Now 2007. that was a hot year here, we had lots of days over eighty. I guess the warm air is being sucked to the North pole from here.
edit on 17-9-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's a real shame when a periodical like Scientific America prints articles with CNN style titles. How could a scientific organization use a title that is completely impossible to prove? Where have all the grownups gone?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

We've been keeping records for, maybe, 150 to 175 years.

To say it was the hottest month in human history is absolutely ridiculous.

BUT, suckers will fall for it every time. 🙄

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join