It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would people get infected with hiv if it could

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
UCLA Scientists Transform HIV Into Cancer-Seeking Missile
Camouflaging an impotent AIDS virus in new clothes enables it to hunt down metastasized melanoma cells in living mice, reports a UCLA AIDS Institute study in the Feb. 13 online edition of Nature Medicine. The scientists added the protein that makes fireflies glow to the virus in order to track its journey from the bloodstream to new tumors in the animals' lungs.
link

verry interesting find however if you had cancer would you be willing to get infected with this new form of hiv to cure it?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
only if I was HLA B27 positive. The HLA B27 gene gives individuals a higher imunity to the flu and developing AIDS.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If only they would be able to control/quarantine the virus, I would consider it if I had the cancer that it attacked. But then again, I would want to know how fast the virus mutated and the percentage of contracting the actual virus.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
If only they would be able to control/quarantine the virus, I would consider it if I had the cancer that it attacked. But then again, I would want to know how fast the virus mutated and the percentage of contracting the actual virus.

good point there is one rumor they allready had a cure for the original hiv virus before it was released but it mutated and changed to fast once it infected the people and made the cure useless.

top topics

join