It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him, sheriff's office says

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A neighbor said he heard handgun shots first.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

If I were attacked by three armed thugs at my home I would probably have taken them out too.

I'm simply skeptical of the story and taking this man's word for what really happened.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The kids were out at 4 AM robbing people with a gun. I think that moves the benefit of the doubt the other way.

There is nothing unusual about a truck driver being up at 4 AM, either just getting home or getting ready to leave for work. His neighbors all describe him as decent guy and he's described as being broken up about it. He's likely mourning.

You are right we don't know the details and all we can do is give opinions based on what we do know.

(post by Krakatoa removed for a manners violation)
(post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sorry to interject, calling hope a racist is clearly an insult..being sceptical or questioning is not racist FYI

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

DBL post..not sure why?

edit on 20-9-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Sorry to interject, calling hope a racist is clearly an insult..being sceptical or questioning is not racist FYI

Being skeptical without providing a valid reason while not believing the only independent witness to the incident sure puts that on the table as a reason.

As hateful a thought it is, failure to deny it also means it is still a possibility.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

A gut feeling is good enough to be sceptical, it's ok to question if something doesn't smell right. Hope, and a few others feel the same. This is ATS after all.

Personally I have not a lot of confidence in eyewitness testimony. This is after one called me the perpetrator of a crime in court..said it was me, or a twin brother. Guess what..I was innocent, nor did I have a twin brother. In general, most lawyers understand eyewitnesses to be not the best evidence. I'm just lucky I had a judge who clearly understood this, and had to scold the prosecutor. This was 30 years ago.

Having said that, I'm not questioning this story as much as hope, the witness could be quite right. More info would be needed to make any further judgements.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am all for skepticism and not making up your mind until all the facts are in. But in this case we do have a lot of facts, and they come from multiple sources. The homeowner, the evidence at the scene, the sheriff's office, and neighbor witnesses. Every single source of evidence has yielded the same outcome, a robbery at 4am where the kids shot first.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: scrounger

The only facts we have are from the the guy that killed the teens, as they say dead men tell no tales.

so the teens with ski masks on, the teens were ON PROPERTY THAT WAS NOT THEIRS, the teens were there well after midnight, one had a GUN on him, the gun showed IT WAS FIRED, and the witnesses didn't exists.

all those CONFIRMED FACTS are not proven evidence?

just when I think you cant propose anything more assinaine and easily disproven by LOGIC (much less facts) you go the extra mile .

but sadly doesn't make your point anymore silly and untrue

but by all means, contort and spin on

I have some fresh popcorn ready

scrounger

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: scrounger

The only facts we have are from the the guy that killed the teens, as they say dead men tell no tales.

so the teens with ski masks on, the teens were ON PROPERTY THAT WAS NOT THEIRS, the teens were there well after midnight, one had a GUN on him, the gun showed IT WAS FIRED, and the witnesses didn't exists.

all those CONFIRMED FACTS are not proven evidence?

just when I think you cant propose anything more assinaine and easily disproven by LOGIC (much less facts) you go the extra mile .

but sadly doesn't make your point anymore silly and untrue

but by all means, contort and spin on

I have some fresh popcorn ready

scrounger

It boggles the mind, doesn't it? I mean, what could possibly be the reason for not believing the only unbiased witness? The one who heard the entire exchange from next door? The one that found a dying criminal on his own lawn, wearing a ski mask around his neck, at 4am, with a bullet hole in his chest. There is no logical reason to dismiss his own words, because he was there. we were not.

It does make me wonder WHY he is not being believed by these particular ATS members.

edit on 9/21/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As someone who has had gun jammed in my face in front of my children,and robbed,I just wonder how,many other folks had they robbed before there fate caught up with them?goodbye to bad rubbish as they say.If were not carefull we'll end up like England or something worse with no way to defend our family's.law abiding citizens don't use there guns to commit crimes they stop them.That man deserves a parade not a protest for the wild animals

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join