It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him, sheriff's office says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Krakatoa

THEN the larger bore fire

What were the kids carrying? not much smaller bore than a typical AR.

They had some sort of handgun, not a rifle. And, a rifle round even at .223 has a higher number of grains than a thugs handgun (i'ts not likely they had a .357 or 44 magnum due to the sound). And the neighbor, AGAIN, stated he has heard an AR-15 fire and knew the second set of rounds was from that rifle.

WTF don't people actually watch the interview which clear all this up without wild speculations, lies or these questions?

...but not really. Most handgun rounds are significantly heavier projectiles. the 5.56/.223 is a small caliber round, in fact. A 7.62×39mm AK round, or .308 round is certainly a much heavier round.

The velocity of the 5.56/.223 is where the kinetic energy of the rounds impact lives.

Even drywall will significantly lesson the capability of a FMJ 5.56 round.

The original .Mil call for a new round/rifle, was based on being able to carry a higher number of rounds, without greatly increasing the weight.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Yes, the home is the entire property, not just the front door. They were there, with a gun, which they shot, to commit a crime.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

The sheriff's office has specified the teens were committing a crime and shot first, after illegally entering the property.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If the homeowner knew they were coming and waited outside for them, waited for them to enter and even goaded them into action before he intentionally shot them dead : GOOD JOB.

Perfectly legal.

Not one single charge will be brought against him. Even if he intended to shoot them before they got there. Perfectly legal and so it should be.

They were on his property, uninvited, and shot first.

Been laughing all week about this story.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Chance321
I will just take the story with a grain of salt and think what a waste of life.

What a waste of life? You think 3 teens who have already become armed robbers at their age were somehow on their way to a positive and productive life?

When you choose to become an armed home invasion thief there is only one way that story eventually ends.

And you consider this a wasted life?

I would say life selected them for elimination.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

What a waste of life? You think 3 teens who have already become armed robbers at their age were somehow on their way to a positive and productive life?

When you choose to become an armed home invasion thief there is only one way that story eventually ends.

I think there's more to the story, we only have one side of it, the only other people that could tell us more are dead.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I think there's more to the story, we only have one side of it, the only other people that could tell us more are dead.

"i think there's more to the story" , your kidding right?
lets look at the facts presented.

one. three teens were out after midnight wearing ski masks and at a home that was not theirs ...
two... one had a gun that was found ON HIM and it was FIRED multiple times.
three.. the RIGHTFUL OWNER of the home had a gun that was fired AFTER THE TEENS DID (per witnesses).
four... the teens were found dead ARMED (did I mention at least one was armed before ...think I did) , wearing ski masks and on property that was not their residence.

EXACTLY WHAT OTHER FACTS do you think there is or needed to paint an accurate picture?

im sorry but even the womens olympic gymnastics team cannot contort enough physically to match any mental contortion that you may try to somehow say the homeowner was in the wrong and these teens were unjustly shot.

smh

scrounger

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

"i think there's more to the story" , your kidding right?
lets look at the facts presented.

one. three teens were out after midnight wearing ski masks and at a home that was not theirs ...
two... one had a gun that was found ON HIM and it was FIRED multiple times.
three.. the RIGHTFUL OWNER of the home had a gun that was fired AFTER THE TEENS DID (per witnesses).
four... the teens were found dead ARMED (did I mention at least one was armed before ...think I did) , wearing ski masks and on property that was not their residence.

EXACTLY WHAT OTHER FACTS do you think there is or needed to paint an accurate picture?

im sorry but even the womens olympic gymnastics team cannot contort enough physically to match any mental contortion that you may try to somehow say the homeowner was in the wrong and these teens were unjustly shot.

smh

scrounger

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

The only facts we have are from the the guy that killed the teens, as they say dead men tell no tales.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So, you want the truck driver who defended his family to be guilty of something.

Had there been any hint of wrong doing it would have been all over the headlines for days.

Why do you want the the guy to be guilty of something badly enough to ignore the actual facts? There must be more to it?
edit on 9/20/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The only facts we have are from the the guy that killed the teens, as they say dead men tell no tales.

Thieves tell no truths, meaning we have zero purpose or need for those rightfully dead men to tell their tales.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Not what I'm saying, my stance is that we only have half the story, in response to all the people getting their jollies on the death of these kids.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Thieves tell no truths, meaning we have zero purpose or need for those rightfully dead men to tell their tales.

May as well abandon the rule of law then.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

May as well abandon the rule of law then.

We're talking the Right to be secure in your own dwelling, which does (in some states) and should (in all states) supercede civil law. In reality, I am a fan of summary execution of thieves and home invaders by homeowners. I find the practice, when it becomes commonplace, has always proven to be a far more powerful deterrent to continued crime than anything the "law" has managed to fumble together.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

These kids weren't in his dwelling they were outside of it.
edit on 20-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

These kids weren't in his dwelling they were outside of it.

Excuse me, a Right to be secure in your person, wherever that may be. The man who delivered God's will did not place possessions over the lives of 3 human beings... the three thugs placed the value of the possessions they intended to steal above the value of their own lives when they tried to mug the wrong person.

Regardless, what I stated above stands. The actions taken here are, to date, the only proven consequences for crime which carry a zero percent recidivism rate.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

"Jollies"?

It was a horrible thing to have happen. That has nothing to do with whether the guy was justified since he was fired on first on his own property with his mother standing there. This was a truck driver which dispels the myth of he must have been up to no good.

It does actually seem as though you want the facts to be different to support another narrative.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes jollies, read the thread some folk just enjoy dancing on graves.

I'm just a little skeptical that's all, for reasons I've stated several times.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Trollish posts aside, I think most are having a serious discussion.

It's a tragedy for the kids and their parents who I believe share blame in their deaths. It's a tragedy for the person who shot them. He is described by everyone as a decent man in a bad situation.

I'll be honest here, I'd have shot them also to defend my property and family. Shoot at me, I'm shooting back and not dying waiting for the police to come way to late to help. If someone is shooting at me I'm going to go for a lethal shot.

Of all things in this world that is a Right is the Right to live.
edit on 9/20/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Does it matter if they were in his house or in his yard or on the sidewalk when they are shooting at him?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join