It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him, sheriff's office says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Krakatoa

I read this story this morning. Want to know the most hilarious part?

The parent of one of the kids, wanted to know what the family was doing on their lawn at 4 am.. The parent never questioned what her son was doing robbing people at that time!!!!!!! ---crazy----!

If you weren't outside that early in the morning, my son wouldn't have been able to try to rob and shoot you, he would have just snuck it through the window and robbed you.

The people might have been aware that they were about to be robbed at 4AM. What an ass that dad must be to say that was suspicious for the home owner to be up and outside. I wake up at 4 some days.
edit on 19-9-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: dfnj2015

And what if they wanted your life and a little quality time with your wife and young daughter? Would you open the door and give them all they wanted then?

Problem is, when 3 masked people with a gun show up you have no idea what they want, could be food, or maybe they get off on torturing familys for hours before killing them one by one in front of each other.

You gonna still bet your entire family’s life on it just being food so you can play the morality card?

Sorry to say, he didn't think this thru to the possible conclusions of intent. Neither did the three dead thugs.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I read this story this morning. Want to know the most hilarious part?

The parent of one of the kids, wanted to know what the family was doing on their lawn at 4 am.. The parent never questioned what her son was doing robbing people at that time!!!!!!! ---crazy----!

The sad part is these kids were raised by the same people who question why the victims were in their own yard at 4 am. With parenting like that small wonder those kids blame the world for their problems. They were never taught responsibility for self and consequences of their own actions. This is what happens when women have babies for economic reasons instead of giving birth out of love and hope for the world.
edit on 19-9-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

It's always a sad day when a life is taken. Especially when it could of been avoided.

miami.cbslocal.com...

“You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood,” said Harris. “You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So people are surprised at what happens when you bring a gun to a gun fight?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Where did the author say it made him feel good?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Looking over the details of this story, there are a handful of questions.

I will wait for the investigation to complete before assuming it is what the homeowner claims.

These teens tried to rob people in the front yard? Rockdale GA?

What were they after and why?

If you are looking to rob a home at 4AM why choose a home with people awake and standing in the front yard? At 4AM?

Maybe it is what the home owner claimed, but I will be interested in the story once the investigation is complete.

I guess we could ask the teens why they thought it would be a score, but they are all conventionally dead, one found down the street apparently running away when shot.

In a rural town that sees practically no crime?

This is the home the teens thought looked like a payday? With people awake and in the front yard?

There is a possibility these teens were looking to steal drugs or money or both and had cause to believe these people in the front yard had amounts of either on them.

Googling a little about Rockdale GA WOW, this county has issues:

Rockdale County deputy arrested on drug charges
Last year
www.fox5atlanta.com...

Three Rockdale deputies have been arrested since May
www.rockdalenewtoncitizen.com... 80ef1.html

Neighbors relieved after police bust Rockdale County drug house
www.ajc.com...

Five facing drug charges after house search
www.rockdalenewtoncitizen.com...

So this was either a legit home defense or an attempted drug heist. Still an odd choice for the teens at 4AM IMO. What made them think this would be a score?
edit on 19-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

I will wait for the investigation to complete before assuming it is what the homeowner claims.

If you are looking to rob a home at 4AM why choose a home with people awake and standing in the front yard? At 4AM?

Maybe it is what the home owner claimed, but I will be interested in the story once the investigation is complete.

I guess we could ask the teens why they thought it would be a score, but they are all conventionally dead, one found down the street apparently running away when shot.

This is the home the teens thought looked like a payday? With people awake and in the front yard?

There is a possibility these teens were looking to steal drugs or money or both and had cause to believe these people in the front yard had amounts of either on them.

Last year
www.fox5atlanta.com...

www.ajc.com...

So this was either a legit home defense or an attempted drug heist. Still an odd choice for the teens at 4AM IMO. What made them think this would be a score?

Some of these questions. AGAIN, are answered by the interview with the neighbor that I already posted twice earlier.
There is NOTHING anywhere stating that the homeowner was out in the yard at 4am at the start, nothing. When the neighbor heard the shots, he went outside after the gunshots were over, and then saw his neighbor in the front yard. Who is to say he was in the house and heard them trying to break in, THEN responded with his firearm to p rotect himself and family.

As for why these criminals decided to select this home, it is unknown and only speculation at this point. However, they did have masks, and at least one was armed. If it was a drug deal, why have masks? Seriously? Also, the homeowner was a truck driver, who was away from the home for long periods of time. The only ones in the home while he was away was his mother and sister. For a criminal, that could be seen as a soft and easy target. But, that is speculation too.

As for the "found down thew street" comment, there is NOTHING stating he was shot while running....NOTHING. However, the one found dying in the neighbors yard was conformed by the neighbor to be shot IN THE CHEST. So, he was not shot while running away unless he was running backwards!

AGAIN, all this is in the interview video, I ask yet again for people to watch that before coming up with wild speculations and theories.

SMFH...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Last year
www.fox5atlanta.com...

www.ajc.com...

Some of these questions. AGAIN, are answered by the interview with the neighbor that I already posted twice earlier.
There is NOTHING anywhere stating that the homeowner was out in the yard at 4am at the start, nothing.

Who is to say he was in the house and heard them trying to break in, THEN responded with his firearm to p rotect himself and family.

The masked teens -- a 15-year-old and two 16-year-olds -- approached three residents around 4 a.m. Monday at the front yard of a home just outside Conyers and tried to rob them, the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office said.

www.cnn.com...

"It was five shots, and then it sounded like a handgun. Then I heard somebody have an assault rifle," Watson said. "And it was a slew of shots."

www.usatoday.com...

The trio "attempted to rob three individuals in the front yard" of the home, and one of the teenagers "brandished a gun and fired shots" at those in the front yard.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Last year
www.fox5atlanta.com...

www.ajc.com...

There is NOTHING anywhere stating that the homeowner was out in the yard at 4am at the start, nothing.

Who is to say he was in the house and heard them trying to break in, THEN responded with his firearm to p rotect himself and family.

The masked teens -- a 15-year-old and two 16-year-olds -- approached three residents around 4 a.m. Monday at the front yard of a home just outside Conyers and tried to rob them, the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office said.

www.cnn.com...

"It was five shots, and then it sounded like a handgun. Then I heard somebody have an assault rifle," Watson said. "And it was a slew of shots."

www.usatoday.com...

The trio "attempted to rob three individuals in the front yard" of the home, and one of the teenagers "brandished a gun and fired shots" at those in the front yard.

www.foxnews.com...

From your CNN source,

Another neighbor ran out to help after he heard what sounded like five shots from a handgun, he said.
"Then I heard somebody have an assault rifle," Carlos Watson told WSB. "And it was a slew of shots that came out."

So, he heard some shots from what he interpreted as a handgun, THEN he heard the AR-15 shots. That coincides with the interview from the man himself. Seems some of the MSM might be changing the story slightly or misquoting the original source. I wonder why they would do that? Huh? Could it be that they want to create a narrative against the legal use of an AR-15 here?

AGAIN, I repeat. WATCH the actual primary source interview, which all these stories are based. You will SEE and HEAR how the MSM is trying to change the story to benefit the anti-gun movement.

DENY IGNORANCE

edit on 9/19/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One word comes to mind after reading the headline: Good! These punks won't be terrorizing anyone ever again.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

AGAIN, I repeat. WATCH the actual primary source interview, which all these stories are based. You will SEE and HEAR how the MSM is trying to change the story to benefit the anti-gun movement.

DENY IGNORANCE

MSM? I quoted three different sources including fox news. Is Fox news joining a conspiracy to "take your guns away"?

Primary Source?

You said:

There is NOTHING anywhere stating that the homeowner was out in the yard at 4am at the start, nothing. When the neighbor heard the shots, he went outside after the gunshots were over, and then saw his neighbor in the front yard.

Reporting and the Rockdale County Sheriff dispute your claim.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

When the neighbor heard the shots, he went outside after the gunshots were over, and then saw his neighbor in the front yard.

YOUR OWN OP LINK

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A city in my state just found a cop not liable for shooting a teen on a bicycle who fled when confronted because he had no lights on. It was past 1am. He took off on foot and had a gun. Of COURSE the parents and assorted compatriots are outraged but no one ever questions what the little thug was doing out at that time of night.

Meanwhile just miles away some thug kills his ex-girlfriend, a white cheerleader and honor student, and the school initially would not let the school have a display memorializing her at the game, lest they run afoul of some law that says they have to honor BOTH students. Within 24 hours they rescinded that decision and will now allow the memorial.

What the actual hell is happening in this world? How did out-and-out criminals get this kind of glad-handling from society? I'm so tired of the transit system drivers threatening to strike, then turning around and letting people of their kind on the bus for free - just today a single mom with a weave, fake as hell lashes, and fake nails got on for free then told her kid not to knock her shoe off her feet 'cause she can't afford new ones!

Just frustrated and tired of the daily news and experiences I see everyday.

edit on 19-9-2019 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Obviously when one is faced with this situation you're suppose to roll over and let yourself be robbed and shot.

Then wait for unionized law enforcement, and emts, and nurses try to save you.

Duh.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

My thoughts exactly there is more to this story than three youths confronting three men in a front yard. The news reports say it was not a home invasion the owner with the AK was not shooting from inside the house. Three dead three with an alibis with no one to contradict them since they are dead. Who called 911? How long did it take for the police to arrive? This whole thing stinks and I hope the truth comes out in the end.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Source. I listed multiple sources and witnesses all saying it was a home invasion and gun shots came first.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Source. I listed multiple sources and witnesses all saying it was a home invasion and gun shots came first.

The sheriff's office has specified that the teens were shot outside the home, and that it was not an invasion.
www.krem.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

My guess is attempted drug heist, they were after drugs or money and were outgunned.

If you are looking for a house to rob at 4 AM, you don't pick the small house with people in the front yard and everyone awake.

Once the shooting ended and all three were dead, the neighbors no doubt called cops. Hide drugs or money and get story straight.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I have provided multiple links on this page explaining this happened in the front yard with multiple people.

The OPs own source link to Fox News says the same.

I am confused why people are having a hard time understanding that.

OP LINK

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join