It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia homeowner fatally shoots 3 teens in masks who tried to rob him, sheriff's office says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Seems like a legit question, what were they doing on there lawn at 4 am? What were they wearing that made these young innocent kids shoot at them and try to rob them? I bet they were wearing the wrong color, they should have known what colors are ok to wear if you don’t want to get robbed.

I once saw one of these moronic parents say to the news, “ how was he supposed to afford school clothes” after her son was killed robbing a house.

Well, maybe if you had the idea that maybe, just maybe, clothing your child was your f-ing responsibility this wouldn’t “have” to happen.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So many issues from this story that need addressed.

The homeowner legally owning a gun and using it for self defense isn't one.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
wicked bummer for the parents, but what did those kids expect?

I don't feel bad for the kids- they got exactly what they were looking for.
I do feel bad for the parents, but apparently they raised a bunch of losers who didn't deserve to make it to the age of reason.

Love the part where the parents questioned the person being robbed... how DARE you be outside at 4am on your own property when my kids are out thugging?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If I had a son doing this crap, I’d beat his ass with a cane so bad he couldn’t sit for a week.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If it were me, I would just have let them take whatever they wanted and then call police. Capital punishment seems a little too severe to me for the crime. But I guess for some people it's the principle of the matter. Or their stuff is really important to them. More important than a human life. Who am I to judge other people's karma.

edit on 17-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If it were me, I would just have let them take whatever they wanted and then call police. Capital punishment seems a little too severe to me for the crime. But I guess for some people it's the principle of the matter. Or their stuff is really important to them. More important than a human life. Who am I to judge other people's karma.

And you have that choice. Just as other have the choice to defend themselves, as this homeowner did. And, each side needs to NOT judge or attempt to shame the other for their choice.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Posting to watch this thread. Can't wait to see all the bleeding heart gun haters come in and cry for those poor young blokes who had their whole innocent lives ahead of them and didn't deserve any punishment for but a normal dab of mischief.

Can't wait because it fills your soul with joy? Glad these deaths and those who feel bad for them can bring you so much joy. I hope it helps you feel better about you.

Who says this fills anyone's soul with joy? WTF did you get that? The "joy," if any here, is the fact that the family is still alive and not dead at the hands of some masked teenagers with guns who would have shot them. I feel no joy that these idiots are dead. They were stupid and they got their Darwin Awards. Maybe you could be glad that the family is still alive rather than grieve over the deaths of these creeps.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Posting to watch this thread. Can't wait to see all the bleeding heart gun haters come in and cry for those poor young blokes who had their whole innocent lives ahead of them and didn't deserve any punishment for but a normal dab of mischief.

Can't wait because it fills your soul with joy?

Glad these deaths and those who feel bad for them can bring you so much joy.

I hope it helps you feel better about you.

No.
It fills my heart with righteousness no innocents were harmed
Here in Georgia , we do our best to protect our friends and neighbors .
Sorry you dont have that attitude wherever you are at....
The word is innocents.
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good ?

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Sometimes it is downright blatant and deserves denying.

edit on 9/17/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And what if they wanted your life and a little quality time with your wife and young daughter? Would you open the door and give them all they wanted then?

Problem is, when 3 masked people with a gun show up you have no idea what they want, could be food, or maybe they get off on torturing familys for hours before killing them one by one in front of each other.

You gonna still bet your entire family’s life on it just being food so you can play the morality card?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If it were me, I would just have let them take whatever they wanted and then call police.

And if the thugs decided they'd shoot you all because it was fun?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Problem: criminals commit crimes with guns.
Solution: take guns away from noncriminals.

Makes perfect sense

To the low-iq of the left

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Make any difference that the kids fired a shot first before the homeowner returned fire to neutralize a direct threat? I mean calling the police with a good description after a robbery is kinda off the to do list when you and the collaborating witnesses to the crime are dead.

But just like committing armed robbery, poor decisions have consequences.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Behold, the product of good times.....

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You are a gentle soul, I wish more people were like you and we wouldn't have half the problems we do. Unfortunately it's a dog eat dog world. These kids had guns, and there are few things more scary than a kid with a gun. There was a story in my parents hometown where an elderly lady got shot in the back (killed) and she did give the kids all her money.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Maybe better off dead than to grow up and spent the rest of your life in a harsh brutal prison..

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I read this story this morning. Want to know the most hilarious part?

The parent of one of the kids, wanted to know what the family was doing on their lawn at 4 am.. The parent never questioned what her son was doing robbing people at that time!!!!!!! ---crazy----!

They hoped these people would say they were waiting for those kids to show up..

Crazy people make a crazy world..

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

In a perfect world you would be right, but when someone is shooting at you, you either defend yourself or stand there and die. I don't think it's a karma issue here. Self defense is not only a human right, even animals defend themselves to the death.

Are the victims lives less valuable than the lives of the armed robbers?

If I were to place blame it would be at the parents feet. Their children, actually young adults at that age, were out at 4AM with a gun robbing people. One can't help but wonder if they learned that behavior at home since the parents did not even care enough to keep their own kids off the streets. Perhaps that's where the bad karma really lies?
edit on 9/17/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

you know what, I'll just say it, yeah many would be glad because when you pull a gun out, you better be prepared to die. simple as that.

when you fire at people and threaten them on their own property, you deserve it. this is the south, if you pull out a gun down here you better be prepared for some resistance.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
LINK

"He's a nice, caring dude. If they would have knocked on the door and asked him for anything, he would have gave it to them,” neighbor Asteria Willliams said. "It’s sad. You should not risk your life for nothing like that because you can’t get it back. Now, they're gone, and it’s sad.”

Sounds like they chose a well liked, caring persons home to rob with their gun. Truly sad for all involved.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

you should re read the article.... this wasn't a failed robbery, it was a failed murder attempt with intent to steal.

the perps shot at the people 3 times during initial contact.

this wasn't a purse snatcher who got shot in the back in the middle of a busy street, this is a man who was protecting his family on his property. good riddance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join