It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The brain nutrient vegans need to know about

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Im not a vegan but come on? what bull. What other species that dont eat meat guzzle down other species milk for brain food. ?..

In fact what species drinks milk after babay-hood? Just dumb humans

What species drinks other species milk rather than their own species.. you got it. Dumb humans..

If your a vegan and eating chip sandwiches all day then yeah good luck to you. Nutrition can found in alot of food sources outside of diary and meat

. a reply to: CJCrawley

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Aren't french fries and beer vegan?

So not such a tough lifestyle after all.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: rickymouse

Nonsense.

nutritiondata.self.com...

Plenty of veggies high in choline. The only BS is the multi-billion dollar meat and dairy industries that constantly put out these industry funded studies such as this one by OP.

Soy is so terrible, yet some of the longest living people on earth eat fermented soy..

easyhealthoptions.com...

Not to mention, vegans don't just eat soy! And doesn't protein isolate contain the least varied nutrients and is the most processed version of soy??

Look at the info you gave me. It is for dried foods, the level is for a hundred grams. A hundred grams of dried parsley flakes would probably make you sick. Mushrooms are very light when dehydrated. Maybe ten grams of these things would be appropriate to use. You have to look at things logically.

Fermentation of soy, done properly, makes a good product which is not as bad as the way they make it now. You are basically eating what bacteria makes from the soy, the original product is mostly eaten. I like kikkomens soy sauce, that is about the only soy I eat. I do not use the other fake soy sauces. I did a lot of research on soy being used in diet, most cultures did not eat unfermented soy till recently. The lectins in soy are not good, way worse than wheat. That is why anything with soy in it has to have it listed on the lable, it is a major allergen...or basically it screws up people's metabolism and energy flow in their bodies. Fermented soy is used by many cultures to pacify their people, it is a powerful pea.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Even so, ii believe it's still possible to get enough choline with veggies.

The soy stuff - pacify people? Yea.. idk about that. I try to mix up my diet anyway. Lots of long living vegans out there.

Anyway, the main reason why i commented here was to show that this was a BS study done by shilled-industry doctors.

The meat and dairy industry are giants and looking to crush this new wave of interest in vegan or vegetarian lifestyles.

Anyway, even if it was impossible to get enough choline on a vegan diet, i would just supplement for it because i didn't become vegan for purely health reasons.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Another little known fact about acetylcholine: it activates several different neural receptors, including the nicotinic receptors. These are so named because no one knew when they were discovered what was supposed to activate them... it was only known that they were activated by nicotine, which is what the researchers were researching.

Nicotinic receptors act as a regulator on neural activity, keeping it from spiraling out of control. Anger and hatred are the result of sudden increased activity, and therefore nicotine does maintain calm in certain individuals who lack sufficient acetylcholine (or who have a tendency for the sudden increases in neural activity, colloquially referred to as a 'hair trigger temper').

A few years back, when I was trying to find the source of my health issues, I researched several supplements including choline. I took the supplements for a while, and my smoking level went down. I had more energy as well, for a short time, but that benefit waned over time and I discontinued the supplements. I had better luck for longer with arginine. As it later turned out, my issue was hardening arteries and not a lack of supplements; I assume the temporary assists were due to a placebo effect.

I also discovered that many doctors do not know about the various lesser-known chemicals we depend on. Doctors. I estimate 80% of all medications needed would not be needed if proper nutrition were maintained, without all the side effects. I now try to ensure a plentiful supply of capsaicin, which has been found to be slowly curative for atherosclerosis and which has apparently made some improvements in my own condition. Besides, I like hot pepper (capsaicin is the substance in hot pepper that causes it to burn one's mouth). Not a single doctor ever recommended this treatment to me; I found the study after searching for hot pepper nutrition, which I found by searching for what nationalities had the lowest incidence of atherosclerosis. It was practically unheard of in Mexico only a generation or so ago, when hot pepper was an integral part of their diet.

In a recent thread discussing the obvious lack of forethought exhibited by a group of vegans, I theorized (completely anecdotally-based, mind you) that perhaps some needed chemical for proper high-level brain function was lacking in both the (unsupplemented) vegan diet and to a lesser degree in American society. This could be responsible for the recent slate of mass shootings and irrational anger episodes we have experienced, including our present political divide. I also questioned whether the lack of this nutrient could be due to the fact that factory farming techniques are producing meat products which are simply lacking due to the sedentary lifestyles of the animals. Choline would be a prime suspect in that hypothesis.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Even so, ii believe it's still possible to get enough choline with veggies.

The soy stuff - pacify people? Yea.. idk about that. I try to mix up my diet anyway. Lots of long living vegans out there.

Anyway, the main reason why i commented here was to show that this was a BS study done by shilled-industry doctors.

The meat and dairy industry are giants and looking to crush this new wave of interest in vegan or vegetarian lifestyles.

Anyway, even if it was impossible to get enough choline on a vegan diet, i would just supplement for it because i didn't become vegan for purely health reasons.

I know half a dozen vegetarians and they all take B12 supplements. I have the spray, it is made by some sort of bacteria or fungus and is vegetarian friendly. Kind of costly, but it is methylcobalamin and tastes good, it has berry flavor. I get a craving for berries and found that I am actually craving the spray, I can eat lots of berriesand the craving does not go away. My mind has tied the B12 deficiency to crave the berry flavor in the spray. Weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ha, yea that is interesting that your mind craves it. B-12 supplements are so common now that even a lot of meat eaters take them. I usually take them in a pill or multi-vitamin. Or both if I'm using a lot of energy that day.

A cheap home blood-test for nutrients would work wonders for all diets. If I only had the knowledge to invent that...…$$$

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

My ability to focus gets way better when I eat liver, or braunsweiner. I think it is the retinol in it, but I have taken the retinoid vitamin A and it does not do the same thing. So once a month or so I make liver or get a small roll of braunsweiner. The thing is that according to my DNA app, I should be able to convert beta-carotene well, but carrots do not fix my eyes so they work better.

I corrected my diet, got rid of most junk food, and I have not worn glasses for eight years now, I can read well, but still need the liver to rapidly focus my eyes. I guess that is one of the things that gets messed up when you get old, your eyes do not adjust quickly anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Interesting Redneck. Although, a large majority of the population eats meat. Therefore, most "dumb", violent, or mentally ill people eat meat. I think the typical American diet of processed fast meals with little vegetables is probably the biggest culprit. I knew a mechanic who had multiple mental issues (diagnosed), angry problems, and an all around mentally unstable mess. All he ate was processed meat and unhealthy carbs. So you can easily provide that same argument for anyone who doesn't watch their diet.

As for choline, I hope you didn't take this choline post too seriously! Dr. Derbyshire (I think) who created the study is on the "Meat Advisory Panel". Everything about the study screams "industry-funded shill study!". Before you make your hypothesis, research Dr. Derbyshire and her "study", look at who the study is connected to.

These studies are often produce by meat and dairy industries and then picked up by TV news agencies as "truth" because it has someone with a M.D. behind it.

If beyond burger become huge, produced a lobbyist vegan company, and had someone on the "vegan advistory panel" who produced a study that claimed all meat eaters lacked a specific enzyme in tofu that benefits the brain, I would also be very very wary.

edit on 18-9-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

lol normal person.

line.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"Approximately 60 percent of your brain matter consists of fats"
look this up for your self! Link

Your “Healthy” Diet Could Be Quietly Killing Your Brain.

maybe that is why they dont want you eating fats!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
^indeed.. they want you eating toxic fats lard and beef tallow, including the heavily marbled cuts ur tricked into paying more for... cuz the more fat ur meat contains, the more toxins - if its from industry source.

obviously if ur eating wild game raised on pesticide/hormone free, that fat may contain less toxins. but industry poultry and meat is teeming with hormones, antibiotics and other various toxins sequestered especially in the fats.

in summary, vegans eating a non commercial vegan diet do not actually need supplementation; if anything, carnivorous humans do.

cause ounce for ounce, plant matter like wheat germ, raw quinoa, or moringa contains about 10 times more choline than meat!

obviously meat lobbyists are publishing info to the contrary. its not called beast system for nothing, afterall. luciferians are inverting most everything. ie. live becomes evil. take from this what u will.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Aren't french fries and beer vegan?

So not such a tough lifestyle after all.

Most assuredly the are...with the skins on.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
that reminds me, what happened to Tato Skins? isn't the skin the part with most nutrients?
i think Keebler made em.. did someone get arsenic poison and sue or something?

were like the only snack chips with the skin left on. they disappeared, and lays come out with some fake one that doesn't even have skin in them, and tgif came out with a version that's full of salt and dairy or pork flavors =/

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi

that reminds me, what happened to Tato Skins? isn't the skin the part with most nutrients?
i think Keebler made em.. did someone get arsenic poison and sue or something?

were like the only snack chips with the skin left on. they disappeared, and lays come out with some fake one that doesn't even have skin in them, and tgif came out with a version that's full of salt and dairy or pork flavors =/

There is no arsenic in potato skins, are we looking at a serial killer?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Interesting Redneck. Although, a large majority of the population eats meat. Therefore, most "dumb", violent, or mentally ill people eat meat. I think the typical American diet of processed fast meals with little vegetables is probably the biggest culprit. I knew a mechanic who had multiple mental issues (diagnosed), angry problems, and an all around mentally unstable mess. All he ate was processed meat and unhealthy carbs. So you can easily provide that same argument for anyone who doesn't watch their diet.

Yes, the vast majority of people, including the violent people, eat meat. Under normal circumstances, that meat contains certain vitamins and minerals that the body needs. Now, is it possible that meat today is lacking in some of those vitamins/minerals? That's my point. All meat is not created equal.

I find your anecdote quite interesting. I have said plenty of times that it is entirely possible to survive on plant matter alone with no meat, but practically impossible to survive on meat alone with no plant matter. I wonder if the anger issues were a result of the diet, or if the diet and the anger issues was a result of the body trying to locate something. I need to think on this.

As far as taking anything seriously, what I take serious on this issue is what I have experienced myself.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yes, the vast majority of people, including the violent people, eat meat. Under normal circumstances, that meat contains certain vitamins and minerals that the body needs. Now, is it possible that meat today is lacking in some of those vitamins/minerals? That's my point. All meat is not created equal.

I find your anecdote quite interesting. I have said plenty of times that it is entirely possible to survive on plant matter alone with no meat, but practically impossible to survive on meat alone with no plant matter. I wonder if the anger issues were a result of the diet, or if the diet and the anger issues was a result of the body trying to locate something. I need to think on this.

As far as taking anything seriously, what I take serious on this issue is what I have experienced myself.

TheRedneck

OMG, my hubby and my brother in law always ask for red meat...it obviously can't be because they work hard and use their muscles, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
speaking of potato skins, they're high in choline..

www.livestrong.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Wow... I don't think I have ever seen anyone take a question concerning one specific instance and twist it into a generalization that is exactly contrary to the original question before.

Did you take lessons, or is it a natural talent for obfuscation?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As far as taking anything seriously, what I take serious on this issue is what I have experienced myself

Fair enough. Im just spreading the message that study is made to be extremely bias (as most industry-funded studies are). Derbyshire is a corporate industry shill and shouldn't be given the recognition she has been given.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join