It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former FBI Asst Director Andy McCabe Prepares For Trial - Obama Admin Colleagues Desert Him.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

He was never charged or even accused of leaking illegitimately. Since he had the authority to do so in the first place as second in command at the bureau.

He was accused of not telling them who he told. Which is why its less than candid and not lying like you seem to think.

Someone already pointed this out to you earlier, but you ignored that too...

WASHINGTON - The Justice Department inspector general referred its finding that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe repeatedly misled investigators who were examining a media disclosure to the top federal prosecutor in the District of Columbia to determine whether McCabe should be charged with a crime, according to people familiar with the matter.

The referral to the D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office occurred some time ago, after the inspector general concluded McCabe had lied to investigators or his own boss, then-FBI Director James Comey, on four occasions, three of them under oath.

Last week, Inspector General Michael Horowitz sent to Congress a report blasting McCabe. It says he inappropriately authorized the disclosure of sensitive information to the media, then lied repeatedly to investigators examining the matter.

www.wctrib.com...

edit on 17-9-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

Not what he was in trouble for dude.

Sorry.

He was never charged or even accused of leaking illegitimately. Since he had the authority to do so in the first place as second in command at the bureau.
He was accused of not telling them who he told. Which is why its less than candid and not lying like you seem to think.

Wrong again.

The IG was specifiaclly looking in to McCabe for leaking to the press.

They ruled he was in trouble for it, as it was against department policy.

We determined that as Deputy Director, McCabe was authorized to disclose the existence of the [Clinton Foundation] Investigation publicly if such a disclosure fell within the “public interest” exception in applicable FBI and DOJ policies generally prohibiting such a disclosure of an ongoing investigation. However, we concluded that McCabe’s decision to confirm the existence of the CF Investigation through an anonymously sourced quote, recounting the content of a phone call with a senior Department official in a manner designed to advance his personal interests at the expense of Department leadership, was clearly not within the public interest exception. We therefore concluded that McCabe’s disclosure of the existence of an ongoing investigation in this manner violated the FBI’s and the Department’s media policy and constituted misconduct./b]

thefederalist.com...

During the IG's investigation into these leaks, they found that McCabe lied multiple times

We also found that on May 9, 2017, when questioned under oath by FBI agents from INSD, McCabe lacked candor when he told the agents that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ and did not know who did. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath). We further found that on July 28, 2017, when questioned under oath by the OIG in a recorded interview, McCabe lacked candor when he stated: (a) that he was not aware of Special Counsel having been authorized to speak to reporters around October 30 and (b) that, because he was not in Washington, D.C., on October 27 and 28, 2016, he was unable to say where Special Counsel was or what she was doing at that time. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

We additionally found that on November 29, 2017, when questioned under oath by the OIG in a recorded interview during which he contradicted his prior statements by acknowledging that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ, McCabe lacked candor when he: (a) stated that he told Comey on October 31, 2016, that he had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ; (b) denied telling INSD agents on May 9 that he had not authorized the disclosure to the WSJ about the PADAG call; and (c) asserted that INSD’s questioning of him on May 9 about the October 30 WSJ article occurred at the end of an unrelated meeting when one of the INSD agents pulled him aside and asked him one or two questions about the article. This conduct violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor – Under Oath).

But please, tell us how you know more than the IG and McCabe was not in trouble for these leaks.

edit on 17-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I never #ing said any such thing. You are a liar.

Hahaha
You are busted for lying again.
No wonder you don't think dems lying is a crime.
Its almost all you do.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

The user is getting bold, desperation is the result in attitude changes when one doesn't get their desired outcome.

Careful, it's venomous, just sit back and read through the replies, damn near unhinged.

Quite bold with the constant violations of T&C. Single word replies and post flooding. It's been getting old for a while.

Very rarely post in any of these threads these days. Their house of cards has been coming down for a while. Hopefully this smug bastard does end up in prison and the thought of it is driving those that hate Trump into fits.

Trump is winning, Dems have no viable platform, and looking at it from here just makes me think about how much I don't want or care to listen to another 4 years of nonsense. There are a number of members I suspect will be blank avatars by the week after the election. There are going to be epic meltdowns, tantrums, and posts filling the trash bin. That's one thing to look forward to.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I am glad people like silly post

Go to twitter or the comments on msm media articles. Silly does represent a group of people that are out there

They still believe things like mueller proved trump broke laws in conspiring with Russia in the 2016 election, despite the fact it says the exact opposite

They cheer for the Covington Catholic kids or kavanaugh to be taken down despite it being evident the reporting on these stories were terribly wrong

Silly represents the trump haters quite well

Any objective person can see how hypocritical and out of reality they are

So I hope the mods keep allowing her posts

Besides they make me laugh

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I swear silly posts silly because she is silly. It's a shame she is a democrat, I feel for them.

it's also true she is the baseline of the left. She reacts and says all the correct slogans of the left.

I still believe it's a parody, but she claims it is not.

sad.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

I swear silly posts silly because she is silly. It's a shame she is a democrat, I feel for them.

it's also true she is the baseline of the left. She reacts and says all the correct slogans of the left.

sad.
Wouldn't it be funny if it was Hillary all along???

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I don’t think her account is a parody

I honestly think she is so indoctrinated she believes what she says

I have seen it in real life

People be proven wrong over and over and over, and still think they are always right

She actually looks at the mueller report that’s says not one American broke crimes in colluding with Russia in 2016, and truly believe it says the exact opposite

Not only that, she then claims that she has the true comprehension of the report, and brags about it

It’s tragic

But unlike her, I don’t respond to her with vitriol like she does with me, calling me a dumb redneck

And sometimes I agree with her and say so

But hope someday she can get break free from her indoctrination

Until then, the posts make me laugh, and are some of the best advertising for voting against the democrats anyone could ask for
edit on 17-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

(post by PurpleFox removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Don't forget, she also participated in that thread where she and others attempted to put a hex on Trump after the election.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Banning members because we don't like their message: meh, let the left-wing sites do that.

Letting a distracting member become the topic of a thread: meh.

Don't agree with someone? Best to ignore.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Don't forget, she also participated in that thread where she and others attempted to put a hex on Trump after the election.

Wow I missed that

You got a link to that thread?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Free speech Trumps being annoyed.
edit on 17-9-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: thedigirati

sad.
Wouldn't it be funny if it was Hillary all along???

Nah, Silly knows too much about the Tidewater area of Virginia to be Hillary. Hillary wouldn't be caught dead (or even passed out) there unless she was campaigning.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24624978]Agit8dChop[/post
In the 2nd photo, identify the man just right of Mueller. He is also in the first picture to the left of Comey.

edit on 17-9-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't care if someone is the biggest Trump hater in the universe. If they can't see the uneven hand of justice of how Flynn gets charged for lying and McCabe gets much different treatment. His is called "lack of candor" and he can talk about it to any media outlet he chooses. Meanwhile others get gagged like Roger Stone. It's a completely messed up situation fueled by political retribution.

And he did not lose his retirement. He still gets it. He just can't get it right now now which is a nice perk for FBI agents. He will have to wait until 60 or whatever it is like everyone else. Big deal. He lost nothing and is still running his mouth. He should have been gagged a long time ago. He's running around making money, selling his story to 60 minutes or whoever else is willing to pay. Him and Comey.
edit on 17-9-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I agree. It's important to know how "the other side" thinks...if for no other reason than informational. SillyOlMe does indeed represent an (Increasingly Silent and hopefully shrinking) slice of Progressives.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Well put!

This has been my take all along

I just want equal application of justice

Yet every single time it’s one set of rules for establishment types, and another for everyone else

Just a few of the many many examples

Manafort works with pedestal group and both fail to register as foreign lobbyists

Manafort in solitary confinement, podesta gets to retroactively sign paperwork and get no punishment

Flynn lies to fbi and is charged

McCabe, Hillary, mills, Abedin and others lie to the fbi; no charges

Cohen lies to Congress and is charged

Comey, clapper, and others lie to congress; no charge

Trump tweets mean things and considers removing mueller but doesn’t. Calls for obstruction of justice

Hillary’s team actually obstructs justice by deleting subpoenaed emails; no charge

Trumps team meets with a Russian to maybe get dirt but ultimately don’t; two year investigation

Hillary’s team pays foreign spy to get dirt on trump from Russia; no investigation

On and on and on

I don’t care what party you are in

Everyone should be against this miscarriage of justice

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join