It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning back and Pressing On...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is a heavy subject, but lots of subjects on this website are heavy. I have thought long and hard about how to approach sharing this information in the best way to the wide range of users of the site. Ultimately there are so many differing people and experiences that it seems nigh on impossible to do so. But I have learned over the years to just be upfront, honest, sincere, and speak from what you know and believe to be truth. That is what I'm doing here.

Back a long time ago I used to frequent several sites, including this one, I tried to remember the name I used back then, and just can't remember, and have good discussions with people about current events, the way the world is headed, etc. Then I fell on hard times, everyone reading this can relate, I have no doubt. I lost my health, then lost my job because of it, then lost my house because of that, lost my family (for awhile). I feel into a deep depression and then feel into drinking and it took a hold of my life for a good five years. There were nights I would give into crazy talk, and days I couldn't remember. I have been clean now for a year. And am coming to my senses in a lot of things. Over this past year I have made drastic changes in my life.

It started one night when I was brought home and deposited at my door by the local police who knew me. Told me to sleep* it off. I guess I was walking down the street too drunk to keep on my feet. The next day I awoke, not knowing what happened until the neighbors told me about the police lights waking them up and seeing the police dropping me off. Told me to stop drinking. I was so ashamed of myself. I broke down in tears and cried for hours probably and started to pray, something I hadn't done in a long time. I prayed so many things one thing I said was: Do you still love me? I knew I strayed far and knew I had a long way to go to come home.

The next morning there was a knock on the door. The local circuit overseer of the congregation was visiting that week when I opened the door he said that they had dropped by to see how I was doing. And said, we're not here of our own initiative, but because Jehovah loves you.

This was the beginning of the change in me.

Started working out, lost all the weight I had gained from over-drinking, living a sedentary lifestyle. I've moved to the beach and like taking walks with my wife along the beach in the mornings and evenings. I like weight-lifting at home.

More than that I got back into studying. Reading the Bible, watching videos, and returning to meetings I had forsaken for a long time. I am a new me. The old me, just new again. I am not taking for granted the life I have and how wonderful it is and the knowledge I have of what is about to come upon mankind and the hope of a beautiful future!

I was originally going to make a thread dealing with that here, but seeing as I went so long into my personal story thought it better to leave it off here. And will start up another thread on what I originally wanted to discuss. The title of this thread was originally "The Revealing."

I am sure a moderator will move this to the proper forum. As it no longer belongs in this one. Anywho...that is a short bio of me probably could go into the introductions section.
edit on 16-9-2019 by EdgeofParadise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

If you were able to improve your life with religion, awesome..

However the success rate of religious themed addiction services is just horrible..

AA has like a 4% success rate... 4%..

Other religious retreats have about the same success rate..

The truth is that we are garbage at treating mental stuff like addiction.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

If you were able to improve your life with religion, awesome..

However the success rate of religious themed addiction services is just horrible..

AA has like a 4% success rate... 4%..

Other religious retreats have about the same success rate..

The truth is that we are garbage at treating mental stuff like addiction.

It was hard. I mean hard. Going to meetings and being around people who loved me (not AA) but at a Kingdom Hall helped a lot. Seeing God answer my prayer that he loved me and then watching how he cared for me as I tried to change, and fell, and got up again and fell. Withdrawal oh, that is not fun. And now that I have full use of my faculty of reasoning, and I can never EVER imagine giving and losing it to too much alcohol again.

I can tell you there was a really good video that showed up on my YouTube feed one morning when I had woke from a hangover after trying to stop drinking that really helped me. By Jordan Peterson:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You better do a little google search on JW child abuse amnd other nasty nasty things... www.theatlantic.com...

www.rollingstone.com...

I can help you undo what the cult has done to you right here ight now....they are a survivalist group fronting as religion....billions have been funneled off to support the survival of a few....the religion was started by 2 men one of them was an Alien Abductee....there was a reason for the Religon to be started....to tell a truth...to prepare people for a certain future and to allow them the chance to visualise a place for themselves in any future we all may have......but it was bastardised.....do some research....and know that the cult is a cult now.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Just so people know what is meant by cult, any organisation that states that they are the only way to something
Jehovah witness are a cult, if you are not in their church doing their thing you are a lesser human than they are and condemned
Christians believe it’s not the church you belong to, it’s Jesus who is the door not a church.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Congratulations on turning your life around with the help of Jesus! God bless you!

Others are right about the need to be careful about what Christian sects and beliefs you choose to follow. This is why it's so important to study your Bible and know what's in it (and I'm not talking about the JW translation - it has been mistranslated). Don't fall for anything that's not biblical or has been distorted. Raggedyman is right about Jesus being the door and the key to salvation, regardless of what church you worship in or denomination of Christianity you belong to. That's why we're all encouraged to build a personal relationship with Jesus first and foremost. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

edit on 17-9-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
liveforforever.com...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Took 13 years to discover that url which is mainly an excerpt from a book, it shows nearly every reason revelation might've been a forgery, the U.S. Chaplain author is in favor of the book having a disclaimer; I agree.
www.youtube.com...
That's a playlist^
Took 12 years to discover that playlist, the video that plays is a summary of many of the scriptures.
"A soothing speaker is like a tree of life" Proverbs

top topics

join