It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with well well done steak?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Some people I know could eat road kill..... savages!

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: one4all
The perfect steak is well marbled with fat...it is slow cooked with a pot of Vegetables....the steak is removed....set aside for pet food...and the OH SO BEAUTIFUL FAT....is cherished and enjoyed for the critical component of our diets that it is....the fat reduces brain inflammation...eating the flesh contributes to inflammation....there is nothing wrong with a well done steak as long as you cherish the beautiful fat....well done is GOOD it means you have squeezed the steak for all of the golden goodness it has to gift you.

Uhhh, you 400 pounds dude?

Sorry, eating the fat makes everyone feel disgusting. 🤮 If you don’t, you’re eating too much of it...

Fat's the best part of the steak.....

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's threads like this that they made the alert button 4

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
It's threads like this that they made the alert button 4

Still wondering why the OP isn’t banned.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If he eats his well done steak with ketchup I'm going to alert his ISP

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

A NOTE OF WARNING! Medium Rare in the Pacific Northwest (at least) is NOT THE SAME as Medium Rare in the Midwest. To us Northwestern folks (and, I think the entire west coast) Medium Rare in the Midwest is the same as Rare to us. The same is true of a steak at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They use a VERY high temperature oven the cooks steak extremely fast, and they use the Midwestern terminology. I owe this knowledge to a waitress in Great Lakes, Illinois, who pegged us as outsiders and when I ordered Medium Rare she said, "That's not really what you want. It's different here"

Its hard to tell what you are trying to describe. What would this stake cooking temp be called?

link to picture incase it does not come up

edit on 16-9-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Why would you even bring up something so blasphemous that it would get you kicked out of the US by Democrats????

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

The perfect steak is well marbled with fat...it is slow cooked with a pot of Vegetables....the steak is removed....set aside for pet food...and the OH SO BEAUTIFUL FAT....is cherished and enjoyed for the critical component of our diets that it is....the fat reduces brain inflammation...eating the flesh contributes to inflammation....there is nothing wrong with a well done steak as long as you cherish the beautiful fat....well done is GOOD it means you have squeezed the steak for all of the golden goodness it has to gift you.

Sorry, eating the fat makes everyone feel disgusting. 🤮 If you don’t, you’re eating too much of it...

Fat's the best part of the steak.....

Ahhh, The a great Outdoors, what a great movie. It would be nice to see John Candy’s chunky but on the screen again.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It's squishy and jelly like. You know in your subconcious that when it's cooked into food to the point of disappearing that it makes it taste better and makes it more moist vs a lean cut of meat thus chicken thighs are a thing vs breasts and pork ribs vs chops but to take the fat directly into your mouth and try to chew it or slurp it down when liquified is not much different from eating butter by the spoonful.

At least butter is a processed milk fat and not off the bone. Imagine legit starving like a prison camp victim and being given an entire pot of hot, gooey lard grease and juice. It's been collected in the same pot from all different proteins including fish in the past month.

You'd chug it at first, swish some around in your mouth, it'd get all over your hands and face. Then.. you're full on pure nasty. Then come the sweats, lethargy and diarrhea. The whole camp. With no toilets, just communal pits. You should know because you dug them.
edit on 16-9-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Maybe, but then again the way movies are written these days they would probably just ruin his legacy.

Best to just relive the classics and enjoy what we got.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The filipino lady down the street won't share her secret with me, but she makes the most delicious steak I've ever tasted and it's very well done.
My mom used to come close by marinating them overnight, then cooking them in the broiler (that drawer at the bottom of the oven that everyone stores pots and pans in now). They were very well done, but would still melt in your mouth.

Normally I'm a medium rare - medium ribeye guy.
edit on 16-9-2019 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

One of the skinniest girls I ever met ate heaps of fat, loved it cooked on the barbecue especially for her, well done as well

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I used to eat mine with Catalina French dressing. In my defense, that was back when all the steaks I ever got were cooked well done the way my mother liked them. I had to get flavor and moisture in them somehow.

These days, now that I can get my steak cooked how *I* like it, I would no longer consider such a thing.

But the OP is free to eat her steak however she likes. My mom still eats hers well done, too.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
The filipino lady down the street won't share her secret with me, but she makes the most delicious steak I've ever tasted and it's very well done. Normally I'm a medium rare - medium ribeye guy.

Completely cover in coarse salt for 1/2 half hour before cooking. Rinse off all salt and cook.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

One of the skinniest girls I ever met ate heaps of fat, loved it cooked on the barbecue especially for her, well done as well

It's a myth that fat, even animal fat, is super bad for you. In the proper amounts, it can actually help you lose weight. The key is to not over-do it.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Anyone ever eat their steak extra dimensional well done? This is the actual spirit of the cow that exists in the 4th dimension after it has been killed. It's not like eating the physical remains, but boy is it de-mensionally-icious!

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Something was wrong there Raggedyman

These things don't simply continue to happen without consequence

I'm sure she was charming but they're just human, they don't have special powers even if they display and tout them as if they were real, you have to believe me. I'm in your best interests.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You have all the right in the world to ruin a perfectly good steak if you want too.

Yuck but it's your steak...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ain’t nothing wrong with the way YOU like your steak, to each their own.

I lean more toward edumakated’s (movie reference) style but some of my family hate it that way.

Food is food to the person eating it.

Tell ya what though, any steak that needs any sauce isn’t a good steak in my opinion.

Recipe to try:
1. Get a good steak (not cheap steak)
2. Rub it down with sea salt, olive oil and pepper corn (big chunks on both)
3. Let it sit out for about 30 minutes (so it’s not refrigerator cold, almost room temp)
4. On low/medium low in a cast iron skillet, cook it for about 6-9 minutes on each side WITHOUT FLIPPING IT FOR THAT TIME.
5. Let sit for about 10 min under foil.

You won’t need any sauce, it’s that good

Edited later - whoever said to wash off the salt, stop cooking steak

edit on 169092019 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

edit on 169092019 by Variable2027 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Nothing.

If it taste good eat it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join