It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The middle of your perceived life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Welcome, You'll get lots of practice here...

a reply to: EdgeofParadise

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
I stopped worrying about death after my 6th heart attack

Six??? Wow, one was enough for me.

I have faced a potentially life-ending blood clot and potentially life-ending aneurysms. None of those scared me, but the heart attack I had on August 3rd terrified me. It was knowing that it was happening right then and although more people survive them these days than in the past, it still scared me something awful. I guess because the other things were treated and repaired before they turned deadly, but you never know with a heart attack. After that I don't want to think about it anymore.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

What is the scariest thing about a heart attack?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Working in food service always amplified any negative feelings I had. Last time I did it was dishing a year ago with jailbirds, gangbangers, and snot-nosed teenagers. I'm not saying it ain't right for you but lordy lord that # drives me crazy.

Keep writing; you have a voice.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't fear death at all! and i've been through so much # in my short life I am kind of numb to most things at this point.

Just live like you never know tomorrow will come, don't waste time being angry or on useless things and people that aren't good for you! have fun, treat people well, treat yourself well, take life seriously, but not to the point of it sucking all the actual life out of you, when it gets to that point you are just lost and you won't be able to see that you are, you'll just see problems everywhere and become bitter. Most things are trivial, realize that sooner rather than later and that will make a hell of a difference at how you see the world and live your life!

I'm just here for the experience, good and bad, what will be will be!

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

When i had my first heart attack i thought it was just heart burn and took a sleeping tablet and went to sleep clutching my
chest /boy was i lucky , I got up the next day and forgot about it and carried on as normal then i had a massive one and waited nearly a hour for a ambulance to arrive .

I made the stupid mistake of signing myself out of hospital the next afternoon and was back in the next day with number 3 in 5 days weird thing was number 6 happened exactly 365 days after my first one

The ambulance guy came to see me and said he had never seen a heart so blocked up with his mobile scanner he gave me a injection to break up the clots and it felt like a baby elephant had got of my chest .

It still shocks me that the only way i knew i was having a heart attack was the sweat that was coming off me , i laughed at the doctor when he said i had a massive heart attack , i told him that it would only rate a 2 on a scale of 10 with me , months before that i walked around with a real pain for weeks and never thought of going to a doctor

ps i still smoke like a chimney

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join