It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epstein Accusers Denied Damages In Florida Victims' Rights Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even after Epstein's death, his victims are being treated unfairly:

A group of women who say they were sexually abused by Jeffrey Epstein have suffered a setback in seeking money from the government over a plea deal that spared the financier a lengthy prison term.

U.S. District Judge Kenneth Marra ruled previously that federal prosecutors in Florida violated a victims' rights law when they failed to inform the women about the 2008 deal.

But the judge said Monday the government doesn't owe them money for it.

The judge also declined to award attorneys' fees to the women and denied their request for FBI records related to the Epstein investigation.

LINK

"Denied their request for FBI records related to the Epstein investigation." Well, they aren't the only ones who were denied documents on Epstein.

Sharyl Attkisson's Attempt To Obtain Public Documents On Epstein's Injuries And Medical Care:

My public information request about his death— has been formally denied. Shortly after Epstein died in August, I filed a Freedom of Information request for public documents about his injuries and medical care for both the day he died and earlier, in July, when he reportedly attempted suicide.

In the case of the Epstein documents I requested, the federal Bureau of Prisons responded by stating that it is withholding all of the documents entirely.

The Bureau cites six exemptions, including that releasing the information “could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of an(y) individual.”

LINK

Is this all part of an enormous cover-up?

Maxwell, 57, the alleged madam to the multimillionaire pedophile, was scarfing down a burger, fries and shake al fresco at an In-N-Out Burger on Monday while reading “The Book of Honor: The Secret Lives and Deaths of CIA Operatives,” a nonfiction best-seller by journalist Ted Gup.

LINK

edit on 9/16/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The guy got away with it.
It's easier to just accept that fact.
I would be happy to eat my own words.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My conspiracy is tingling.

There's no reason to exempt this from FOIA. Homefree is right.

This guy is getting away with this.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They are not releasing the medical documents — because there aren’t any.

Epstien is alive and well. With the exception of recovering from major facial reconstruction surgery. But that was 1.5 months ago....

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Pretty nice gig.

1. Accuse a dead guy of something.
2. Ask the government for money.
3. Profit.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cases like these have a reputation of taking years to resolve. Sounds like there is lots of money and victims there. Buckle and and grab your popcorn, this is going to take a while.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't think being sexually assaulted and taken advantage of by a known pedophile, is exactly a "pretty nice gig."

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I don't think being sexually assaulted and taken advantage of by a known pedophile, is exactly a "pretty nice gig."

You sure that's what happened? You have accusers. That's all. An accusation is not a conviction. Anybody can jump on the bandwagon here. We have countless cases where an accusation has been proven false.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
The guy got away with it.
It's easier to just accept that fact.
I would be happy to eat my own words.

Rich people live under a different system of justice. When it comes to politics and sex with rich people they do not believe in the rule of law.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I think with Epstein there was more going on here than just accusations.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Except had you read what you were replying to instead of speaking out of ignorance you'd know they had been accusers from the first trial and the government had an obligation to notify them of the proposed deal yet hid it from them until it was done and public. Thats what they sued over...and apparently won but the judge then decided not only would they not get a financial compensation for hardships but not even attorney fees which is unheard of for the winning side in a case like this.
edit on 16-9-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well...now wait a minute. He was convicted and served time but due to a illegal plea deal recieved what could be called a sweetheart deal which basically prevented any further litigation and so far has resulted in complete anonymity for others involved, actually the deal prevented future prosecution of those individuals. I don't know that the government should be handing out the money, and at least one accuser has a shakey story but others have some solid evidence that went undisputed. Attorney fees reimbursed wouldn't be too hard to award considering the government's misconduct in the case

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Looks to me like anybody can accuse Epstein, especially, of "assault," whatever that means. He's a convenient "Bad Guy" so nobody minds one way or another, especially now that he is, allegedly, dead. And as long as Uncle Sugar is there to hand out the money, the line of accusers with their hands out gets longer and longer.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

These are not new accusers. These women were involved in the original case which was erroneously settled in an illegal plea deal which was determined to be illegal by a Judge. The plea deal resulted in a conviction, a rather dubious conviction which allowed work release, allowed the man to purchase women's panties from the prison commissary, allowed Epstien to live outside the jurisdiction after release.

The plea deal resulted in an illegal arranged no prosecution deal for others tied to the case and for then to maintain anonymity and escaped any culpability. These are not new accusations but the same accusations which resulted in a conviction. The government's misconduct in signing the plea deal is responsible for others going free, and for attorney's fees to accumulate because they were never informed of a non pro section agreement or even the conviction. They should be reimbursed for those additional fees at the least

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Shoot, let’s rehash this again.

1. No photos of Epstein whatsoever in the last 6 months. Last one is from March, coming out of an airport.
2. Not even a mugshot of his most recent arrest.
3. Only photo shown was from a considerable distance, while dead on a stretcher.
4. Only photo shown also had discrepancies with Epstein’s ears and nose.
5. Who leaked that photo? No one knows still.....
6. Where’s Ghislaine?
7. Why is ‘Little Saint James’ still fully operational? The government would have seized any funds to cover contracts Epstein had with employees.
8. Why isn’t the FBI still at The island combing through everything? A 3 day raid, really, an island that size?
9. Where is the MSM coverage?
10. And now no medical report on Epstein 🤔

top topics

join