It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political World of Democrats is Disintegrating Before Our Very Eyes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: carewemust

American politics is like dumb and dumber, makes little difference which side you are on, now depending on which side you root for, you still are either dumb or dumber and how you get there is subjective to which the side you swing for.

Best response of the day. It is quite obvious to many that part if not all of the problem is that truly intelligent and qualified people who would and could provide true, thoughtful and well informed leadership have stepped aside and out of the meat grinder that is todays political scene.

Yesterday I watche a brief interview of Condolezza Rice. She is a perfect example of the type of leadership the US needs, but its quite obvious she has no intention of running for office. Why is it or what is it about the US political scene that actually attracts the worst possible people while at the same time repelling talent?

Frankly, I suspect the MSM has a lot to do with the problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It's really sad seeing what the Democrats have become, they're almost not worth my time to speak about. I can't even make fun of them anymore, because they do such a good job of it themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
September 16, 2019

LATEST LIE FROM THE NYT: www.foxnews.com...
When the New York Times published a flat-out LIE about Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh this weekend, and Democrats in Politics and the Mainstream Media immediately believed that lie, and began screaming for Impeachment of Justice Kavanaugh, it make me think:

"How many things have gone wrong for Democrats/Liberals/Progressives this year?"

Off the top of my head...

1. President Trump is successfully replacing Liberal Judges with Conservative Judges, and filling vacant judicial seats with Conservative Judges, all over the country. (180 appointed thus far!)

2. Judges are handing victory after victory to the Trump administration. Particularly when it comes to Immigration reform.

3. The U.S. economy continues to perform well. Fed Reserve says there is NO recession in sight.

4. Employment levels are the highest in decades. Record high employment for Blacks and Hispanics.

5. The new Democrat-Led U.S. House has not accomplished anything positive that the American public can see, or feel.

6. Boring, forgetful, 79 year-old Joe Biden, is the best Democrats can muster for defeating President Trump in next year's election.

7. Top tier Democrats who served in the Obama/Biden Administration are being exposed as law-breakers & coup plotters.

8. Illegal Immigration across our southern border is down a whopping 57%, thanks to Trump administration Initiatives.

9. Liberal S.C. Justice Ruth Ginsburg (age 86) is suffering from deteriorating health, due to cancer recurrences.

10. After 2 years of Democrats/Media telling Americans that President Trump conspired/colluded with Russia to win the 2016 Presidential election, Special Counsel Bob Mueller concluded that Democrats were 100% WRONG in their accusations against the President.

11. The Black/African American community is frustrated, because (Republican) Trump has done more for them in 2 years than (Democrat) Obama/Biden did for them in 8 years. They really want to vote BIDEN, but...

I'm sure there are additional reasons why Democrats and their Media friends are exhibiting irrational behaviors that border on panic. Those were just the items that crossed my mind while contemplating how much trouble they're in right now. If you can think of more, please share them!

With the Democratic party coming apart at the seams, it's understandable that millions of Democrat voters are fleeing the sinking ship.

AND, since most people like to be associated with a WINNING team, it makes sense that they would gravitate to the party that is making America certifiably greater for all of us...regardless of Race, Religion, Political Leaning. For EVERYONE. And not just here, but for citizens of several other nations too.

-CareWeMust

Great thread, I'm learning a lot here.

It's weird, although I'm a Brit and have never (and never will) voted.

I find myself being drawn to republicans and Conservatives in America. I don't care about English politics, but I do care about putting a stop to the BS thatCuNtIfA and crazy dead headed Liberals/Democrats are doing. 😕

(post by FinallyAwake removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Great OP!

Add to that the Democrats have engaged in a sustained effort to disparage every single person who voted for Trump, every single conservative, and every single conservative thought or ideology.

They have for the past 2 years (actually more) said everyone and everything conservative IS racist, sexist, homophobic (i.e. evil and mean).

They have done everything they could to prevent conservative speech from being allowed on any college campus in the US, rioting, destroying property, and committing violence against people to stop any conservative ideas to be spoken or even thought on campuses around the US.

They have decided that even wearing a red cap is a signal to justifiably beat any person wearing it because they say it is a symbol of evil.

They have decided that anyone with a conservative ideology should be fired from their job if they speak about it publicly.

They have decided that anyone who is a Christian and especially a Christian conservative should not be allowed to open a business (ie Chik FL)

Essentially, they have angered, disrespected and alienated everyone and anyone who voted for Trump, has conservative ideas, holds a conservative ideology, or is a Christian with a conservative point of view.
They have insured that none of these people will ever vote for a Democratic candidate, ever.

That is even a goal of some progressive liberals, to the point where I have experienced many progressives on social media openly saying "we don't want their votes".

Well, they won't get the votes of anyone they called sexist, racist, homophobe just because of their political choices.

They won't get the votes of Christians with conservative leanings.

They won't get the votes of those offended by ANTIFA and the violence that the left feels justified in dishing out because they don't like a person's hat, t-shirt etc.

Democrats have lost these people's votes forever, and are on the road to losing more votes as their circle of unacceptable words widens and they include more and more people into their deplorable basket.

Democrats have painted conservatives with the same brush they have painted Trump, and have actually encouraged through their actions and words many conservatives identifying with Trump, and thinking "I know I'm not what the Democrats say I am - they say I am the same as Trump - so Trump is not what they say he is either"

You just can't say to someone: You are despicable and evil and mean. Now prove you aren't by voting for me.
Then actually expect them to vote for you. That is the very definition of insanity.

edit on 9/16/19 by The2Billies because: formatting

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Freedom of the press does not give them the right to tell lies and slander people. We need to address that issue, that freedom is being exploited a lot these days, they are deceiving the masses.

I love that people are starting to sue these news organizations when they report what they know to be bald face lies.

Kavanaugh should sue CNN.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The Times also stated for the first time that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed, and has made no comment about the episode.

The only firsthand statement concerning the supposed attack in the original piece, which was published on Saturday, came from a Clinton-connected lawyer who claimed to have witnessed it.

It is seriously sickening what our news media has become. I don't know how anyone, most especially liberals can stand for this.

It is because they believe it or rather want to believe it. The people who watch CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and read the NY TImes as their main source of news are totally brainwashed. That is the purpose of those networks, not to report the truth, but to twist the truth to fit the narrative of the totalitarian authoritarian progressive liberal agenda.

Even worse are people who get their news from Facebook or Google political things. Those are also part of the subversive brainwashing operation of the totalitarian authoritarian progressive liberal agenda.

At least that is the way I view these "news and information" outlets, as sheer totalitarian minded propaganda.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Advantage

Disgruntled Democrats and Republicans could form a NEW party. Good point!

Really bad point, and would be a huge mistake. See the Libertarian party for an example.

What they need to do is take the R party over, by calling themselves (little 'l') libertarian Republicans, or TeaParty Republicans, or liberty Republicans. This is the only reason Ron Paul served fore as long as he did, and why he almost took the Republican nomination in 2008 (he came a lot closer than most people know, he failed because the RINO Rs were far better organized and stole it from him similar to how the Ds stole the 2016 nomination from Bernie.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

And yet Trump approval ratings are still in the crapper.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Hell he's a Supreme Court Judge. Nowhere does the 1st Amendment say that it's ok to defame someone's character like CNN has done time and again with anyone Conservative. There's no reason they can't be shut down for defamation of character. Picking a fight with a judge is as stupid as picking a fight with a cop.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

Says the media who polls blue areas.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Let's not forget the idiot that told everyone he would confiscate their assault rifles from them... That one was precious, and I believe really hurt the Democrats really bad...

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

This is a much bigger problem for Democrats than the NYT will ever be:

Republicans Steal The Election Again By Using Voter Suppression Techniques

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

It's really sad seeing what the Democrats have become, they're almost not worth my time to speak about. I can't even make fun of them anymore, because they do such a good job of it themselves.

It's funny how we only criticize and hate in other people what we do not like about our own character.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
originally posted by: LSU2018

Says the media who polls blue areas.

So true. Not a single one of my conservative friends will talk to any pollster.

We won't answer any call from an unknown caller. That is what wise and prudent people do these days. There are way to many scam calls.

The more intelligent and aware people are the less likely they are to answer calls labeled unknown, or political caller, or possible scammer (my ATT labels calls like this) - on my phone pffft I never answer a number I don't know. They can leave a message if it is real and I'll call them back.

So it is basically the less intelligent, less aware, and unfortunately the very young who will answer a call from an unknown caller - the polls are only as good as the people responding - these days that is the less than wise or less intelligent and less savvy people.

The message on my phone:
If you are a friend, family member, I have asked you to call or you are a business I love. Please leave a message after the beep. If you are a political caller, a sales caller, or a scammer, put me on your do not call list.

The pollsters always hang up, never leave a message, if they did I would not call them back, I can't tell a legit poll from a scammer trying to get information and I'm not taking a chance. People with any modicum of intelligence do the same thing.

edit on 9/16/19 by The2Billies because: formatting

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The comparison between Chapelle and "Knock Down the House" is even more compelling, though arguably different genres.

Id prefer to see the dems crumble and see a party that actually represents left leaning values rise in their place.

Im not even remotely convinced that what we are seeing with the Woke Cult is truly "political" beyond seeking the power that such positions deliver. There is a lot more going on there, though it gets obfuscated by those that have learned of it through political awareness.

For example, the BS with someone like Kavanaugh has been going on full force for years in other arenas. Only recently have we seen it surface to this extent in areas that are in the general publics awareness.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What to say about the democrats. That is quite the buffet there.

After decades of shooting themselves in the foot they have finally gotten better. Now they can pick which toe they will hit. Of course there is still the collateral damage that goes clear up to the ankle, but hey, whats a little overkill when the wounds are self inflicted anyway?

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The Times also stated for the first time that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed, and has made no comment about the episode.

The only firsthand statement concerning the supposed attack in the original piece, which was published on Saturday, came from a Clinton-connected lawyer who claimed to have witnessed it.

It is seriously sickening what our news media has become. I don't know how anyone, most especially liberals can stand for this.

It is because they believe it or rather want to believe it. The people who watch CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and read the NY TImes as their main source of news are totally brainwashed. That is the purpose of those networks, not to report the truth, but to twist the truth to fit the narrative of the totalitarian authoritarian progressive liberal agenda.

Even worse are people who get their news from Facebook or Google political things. Those are also part of the subversive brainwashing operation of the totalitarian authoritarian progressive liberal agenda.

At least that is the way I view these "news and information" outlets, as sheer totalitarian minded propaganda.

People can believe what they want; we all do. And there are plenty of people who get their news from like minded sources and never look else where.

This is different from that problem; and in my opinion much much worse. The NYT literally made up this story and published it with out interviewing anyone connected. That's far worse then confirmation bias. and its just as dangerous to Liberals than it is conservatives.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This is a much bigger problem for Democrats than the NYT will ever be:

Republicans Steal The Election Again By Using Voter Suppression Techniques

If the NYT so blatantly attempts to deceive its readers; how can I possibly believe reports by Truthout.org? I'd like to be open minded about their report; it sounds like an important issue they are discussing. But I just can't trust the news these days. With out a trustworthy source of information I'll just have to give the GOP the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

The reason for starting this thread was that I was trying to imagine how, as a Democrat, I could justify staying a Democrat in the current environment. It would be hard for me to do. All the leaders are "unstable", to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join