It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About the Allowance of Post Content

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A question about content :

I have a few posts that I've written up for ATS, regarding ancient cultures having UFO encounters, people seeing into the future, and visionary phenomena.

Specifically, they separately involve:

a) the Blue Water Lily of Egypt, its influence in Eastern mysticism and the prediction of battles and fortunetelling for royalty

b) 9th and 17th century Ergot poisoning epidepics and widespread noia regarding witchcraft and demonic posessions

c) The burning bush in exodus 3:2 and its possible connection with the Acacia tree

d) Methane gas clouds, pandemic diseases, natural disasters, near-death experiences and dreams inducing transcendent states of awareness

e) Investigations into the effects of nicotine, alcohol, prescription medications, caffeine, sleep deprivation, mental illness, accidental poisonings and physical injury on perception and the correlation to phenomenon such as ghosts, demonic entities, UFO or ET encounters and spiritual or religious experiences.

However:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

I've read that a dozen times and still can't place my finger on what I can talk about.

So where's the line drawn? Caffeine and ghost sightings? Alcohol intoxication and spiritual experiences? Ergot and witches? Fever dreams and visions of the future? Accidental Morning Glory seed ingestion reports? Near-death experiences via drowning?

The topics I mention closely follow the very heartbeat of ATS in that they deny ignorance, and pursue the truth in an objective manner.

They do not discuss any illegal activity or use of illegally consumed substances, either.

These mentioned experiences were all either purely accidental, natural, legal, and/or public and are all well documented in the public record. No personal reports or discussion at all, pretty much all anecdotal examples from scientific journaling.

Anyway

I'd appreciate some insight on the allowance on them individually, like what can I say and what can I not?

Where is the line drawn when it comes to altered states of consciousness and their influence on society and culture?

Thanks

edit on 15-9-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA fixes

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

The general idea behind the T&C is to avoid discussion of personal use and mention or discussion of illegal narcotics and substances. Illegal specifically pertaining to US law but not wholly limited to it.

Also posts simply glorifying personal use will be removed. IE "I'm so drunk right now guys" would be removed whereas "I once saw a UFO. I'd had a few glasses of wine and while I can't say the wine didn't cause my perception to be altered, but I don't think that was the case" would not be.

One of the examples you cited was how the ergot fungus may have contributed to the witch panic in Salem ( I believe that's where you were headed ) - which, as far as I know, would not violate T&C.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

One thing you can do is, if you feel there may be an issue with a thread you wish to post, send a copy of your intended OP to Staff using the the Complaint function in the top sub-menu (under the " v " sign), and just ask. Please do not use this for every thread you intend to post, as we simply do not have the resources to verify every thread beforehand, but for those rare times where there is a legitimate question it is not a problem.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator/Member

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Awesome, thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I've considered it, yet there are too many to send in, thery each deal woth a separate substance
I dont want to flood them either
It's like 15 posts from an SD card I found from last fall.
(I was doing a lot of writing while camping)
Thanks for the link, I suppose I'll start with the less touchy stuff and go from there

a reply to: Hefficide
I felt so, the general lack of threads involving natural and legal mentalmstate alteration over the years has beenboggling to me

Unless the T&C are heavIer than I'm led to believe, but most of the posts are on the same level as the Ergot

edit on 15-9-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA: fix

edit on 15-9-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA fixes

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Besides ergot, which other substances are you considering?
That could decide the issue right away.
As per the terms....

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, .... are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

All mentions are either/or historical, of legal use, anecdotal, referential, or cultural
No personal use stories or trip report style anything, all in a journalistic and scientific POV

Mentioned:
Toxoplasmosis gondii from cats affect human behaviour
Infrasound and frequency is an inherited trait that can trigger anxiety
Carbon dioxide, CO3, Hexafluoride and Methane gases
Cortisone, NSAIDS, Botox, Morphine, Oxycontin mentions
Psychedelic honey harvested by native tribes and a documentary
Peyote cactus, non cotrolled, ancient spiritual use
Food, addiction, behaviour patterns, diabetes, habits, salt, sugar
Bullet ant, frog/toad, bird, bee, sname and all kinds of venoms
Pain and starvation, NDEs, Comas, OD, Psychosis
MDMA, psylocibin, mescaline, etc and therapy on trauma /PTSD patients
Poisons from food or environment, fever dreams and disease
Acacia bush may have inspired legend of burning bush in the Bible
Feinman Trials, '___' experiments in the 50s, MKUltra and the hippie cultural movement
Rye Ergot, Fungal Spores and Insects, playing tricks on the mind
Melatonin, Sleep Aids and OTC medications affect the organs and nervous system
Legends of fairies, Santa Claus , Easter bunny, leprachauns inspired by amanita mushroom
Caffeine Taurine Etc Energy Drinks Chocolate, affect mood, libido, stress and energy
Mentions of heroin, cannabis, DXM, Codeine by name in an objective and scientific manner
Scopolamine, Datura plants found in public in south america and some places in Mexico, unregulated
Nazis and Amphetamines, khat, stimulants and war
Cocaine, coca cola, drug scheduling, DEA/CIA/FBI drugrunning
Adderall, sugar, alcohol, kava and effects on focus /memory/reactions
Fluoride, Mercury, Lead and IQs/ learning disabilities
TRT, T, Estrogen, Adrenaline, PEDs/Team and Combat Sport CTE
Oytocin, dopamine, serotonin, BPA, STDs and their affects on the brain
Blue Water lily, national flower of Egypt and its cultural influence, non controlled substance
LSA and Morning Glory seeds (non controlled substance)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL

Mentioned:
Psychedelic honey harvested by native tribes and a documentary
Peyote cactus, non cotrolled, ancient spiritual use

MDMA, psylocibin, mescaline, etc and therapy on trauma /PTSD patients

Feinman Trials, '___' experiments in the 50s, MKUltra and the hippie cultural movement

Mentions of heroin, cannabis, DXM, Codeine by name in an objective and scientific manner
Scopolamine, Datura plants found in public in south america and some places in Mexico, unregulated
Nazis and Amphetamines, khat, stimulants and war

Blue Water lily, national flower of Egypt and its cultural influence, non controlled substance
LSA and Morning Glory seeds (non controlled substance)

Depending on your context....some of these may cause a problem.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So I'm allowed to use peyote in the USA. (Although I cannot legally operate heavy machinery while under the influence, which is kinda redundant as a law because I literally cannot operate heavy machinery while under the influence anyways.)

Can I talk about that?

Just curious, because it would be kinda fun to talk about some of my experiences.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

While I can't speak for the entire staff, my suggestion for anecdotal "war stories" concerning any psychoactive drug would be a "no." Sorry.

Unfortunately, that means no one here will ever hear about the night my bedroom window tried to arrest me for DUI...

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

join