It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUD Secretary Dr Ben Carson and Wife Cleared of Furniture Controversy Wrongdoing !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Democrats went nuts when it was "reported" by the Democrat MSM that HUD Secretary Dr Ben Carson was accused of corruption !!

Corruption involving redecorating the HUD office !!

The whole thing was about furniture !!

Well guess what? The Inspector General says the Carsons acted appropriately afterall 🤣

Democrats can't seem to win for losing can they 🤣

Carson cleared as HUD inspector general finds no evidence of misconduct in furniture controversy

EXCLUSIVE: The inspector general for the Department of Housing and Urban Development said in a new report that investigators found no evidence of misconduct by Secretary Ben Carson concerning a controversial order for expensive furniture in late 2017.

The watchdog completed the report Wednesday, after more than a year investigating whether Carson and his wife improperly tried to purchase a $31,561 dining set for his office as part of a costly makeover. Fox News obtained a copy of the findings.

BEN CARSON'S HUD CANCELS ORDER FOR $31G DINING SET AFTER COMPLAINT

The inspector general found that Carson left the matter of purchasing furniture to members of his staff to handle, “in consultation with his wife, who provided stylistic input after the Department decided to purchase new furniture.”

"Democrats screwed it up AGAIN !! 🤣

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Xuenchen, while I share your impression that this was yet another desperate lunge by the Democrats ... I honestly wonder why a dining set costing $31K was even considered.

I'm old school. The people in the government, no matter how high and mighty, should have to use the same dining implements as are found in military mess halls. The only exception I would be grant would be for state dinners over which the POTUS would preside. Time to wake up the perfumed princes and princesses.

Cheers
edit on 15-9-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: -ing

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

well maybe because ...........

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
All I heard from the Republicans during the Obama Administration was debt and deficit, deficit and debt.

Now it seems, some of you think it's ok to spend my tax dollars on a table that costs as much as a new car.

What changed? Oh that's right, now it's Republicans spending money.

I don't want to hear sh*t from you guys when a Democrat spends thousands on a pair of curtains.

As for me, I keep bitchin' about the debt, and have been since it was ONLY 4 Trillion. I thought that was way too high. Now, I guess everyone doesn't care. Well, until a Democrat is in office.

I'll say it again. Republicans are hypocrites and they don't care if they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

But But the Democrats House !!!!!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup, just another witch hunt.

Oh, another failed witch hunt, I might add.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
All I heard from the Republicans during the Obama Administration was debt and deficit, deficit and debt.

Now it seems, some of you think it's ok to spend my tax dollars on a table that costs as much as a new car.

What changed? Oh that's right, now it's Republicans spending money.

I don't want to hear sh*t from you guys when a Democrat spends thousands on a pair of curtains.

As for me, I keep bitchin' about the debt, and have been since it was ONLY 4 Trillion. I thought that was way too high. Now, I guess everyone doesn't care. Well, until a Democrat is in office.

I'll say it again. Republicans are hypocrites and they don't care if they are.

The inspector general found that HUD staff initiated a process in mid-2017 to replace the dining room furniture in Carson’s suite. HUD officials obligated $31,561 in departmental funds on Dec. 21, 2017 for the purchase of new dining room furniture, but “did not make required notification” to the House and Senate's appropriations committees before doing so.

HUD, though, ultimately did not get the furniture. The order was canceled on March 1, 2018 at the direction of Carson, in response to media reports.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Xuenchen, while I share your impression that this was yet another desperate lunge by the Democrats ... I honestly wonder why a dining set costing $31K was even considered.

I'm old school. The people in the government, no matter how high and mighty, should have to use the same dining implements as are found in military mess halls. The only exception I would be grant would be for state dinners over which the POTUS would preside. Time to wake up the perfumed princes and princesses.

Cheers

If they went with what the military has, there's a chance they could be paying 10's of thousands for an ashtray. I say let them shop at Ikea. Come to think if it, that's not a good idea either. They have to hire 10 additional staff to put it together and keep them on payroll to maintain it.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Logical ... no smoking in "dining facilities" since forever now

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Cheers

Ah, you're right! But have you seen those toilets?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Cheers

Ah, you're right! But have you seen those toilets?

Last mil toilet I saw was a cat hole in the snow

Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

good. thank God. I'm glad you were on this.

top topics

join