It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would getting rid of individually-owned cars do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
In all of these Political debates, I never hear anyone say that we should get rid of cars.

What would getting rid of individually-owned cars do, you ask?

If you get rid of individually-owned cars, and institute a busing system (similar to the ones used to take kids to school), you would drastically reduce carbon emissions. A bus can fit 20 people or more. That eliminates the emissions from about 20 or so cars per bus.

Now whereas motor vehicle deaths are on a steady decline nationwide, more people get killed in car accidents every year than are killed by firearms.

So the population would be much safer, and there would be much less carbon emissions, if there were no individually-owned cars. But yet, you never hear a Politician say this once. Ever. If the Politicians actually cared about people being safe, why haven't they mentioned this?

Should we have a Mandatory Car Buyback?

EDIT: Just to let you know, I like my car. Remember, this is the Political Madness forum. I could be pointing out the absurdity of others suggesting a different Buyback Program.
edit on 15-9-2019 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What would it do?

It would get someones ass kicked. Not nly do I like my vehicles, but I HATE the school bus stench of dirty little bodies and old people pee. Not to mention bum smell. There arent enough bleach wet wipes in the world to make me use public transportation exclusively. Thats how the zombie apocalypse will start. Humans like pigs are mixing vessels. All of that germy breath and secretions.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If anybody thinks the "Cash for Clunkers" program was a failure, wait till a "Car Buyback" program ends up bankrupting the entire Globe !!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Proper, electrically powered, autonomous vehicles could maybe work.

I could see the state owning them and anyone just hopping in and saying their destination, then the car going on to pick up the next person.

Busses though...nah. there are lots of streets in the UK you can't even get a bus into.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Yeah, I like to have my stuff in my glove compartment and such. May you never become a politician.

Btw: most cars will be electric eventually so I don't think that will be an issue. Prob coal electric plants, bio matter fermenting and cows farting have a greater impact. I vote you hold your farts to reduce green house gases.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

It would start a civil war.

No one is giving up their cars any more than they are giving up their guns. If someone wants to try to take them then try it...I would treat them as a criminal trespasser trying to steal my personal property.

ETA: Have you ever been on a bus? They are dirty, nasty, bacteria riddled cesspools inhabited by mole people.
edit on 2019/9/15 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

A bus can fit 20 people or more. That eliminates the emissions from about 20 or so cars per bus.

No.

Firstly, a bus has way more emissions than a car. Your math is nonsense.

Secondly, in peak times a bus will be full and have the savings, but not so in off peak times and at night, buses may only have 3 or 4 people on them. In this role they are gas guzzlers.

So no, your 'savings' do not eventuate.

P

edit on 15/9/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

What would getting rid of individually-owned cars do, you ask?

Be some very unhappy people among the German elite?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I love to drive out in the middle of nowhere and do some camping under the stars. I can't imagine a bus is going to take me 20 miles outside the city and pick me up.
I love my car and the ability to go anywhere I like, whenever I like.
Busses are full of germs, smelly childrena and old people that stink of p***. Oh, and i don't really like people either.

edit on Sun, 15 Sep 2019 03:43:00 -0500031992019000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
If public transport was able to meet our needs, then it would be a simple choice as to whether, or not, to have a private vehicle along with all the extra costs they impose like insurance, registration, maintenance, fuel etc etc. Unfortunately, a private vehicle is near mandatory here which means there are a lot of drivers on the road who shouldn't be because they have no choice apart from paying for taxis for medical appointments, shopping etc which many couldn't afford.

The days of private ownership are endangered but they have quite a long time before anything will change, here at least.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Piss me off.

link   

link   
Then you are not in the countries that are further along the NWO programs to make sure you are not able to go anywhere the bankers and politicians allow you.

In Europe there is already the emotional manipulation that you should use public transportation for "saving the planet" and that it is cashless so that you cannot do a bank run.

They are pushing the make it to expensive so nobody can afford cars. Taxes, expensive parking, Parking rules that makes no sense for fining owners of cars.

Electric cars are not environment friendly when you look beneath the surface.
Power consumption and strip mining for creating batteries. Strip mining for solar power. Wind power changes wind patterns. Fission plants heat up the oceans around the world.

When Fusion comes we can create minimal damage for the most energy if handled responseable.

But humanity have a bad track record of handling responseable since humans are still pumping heated water into the oceans instead of using the heat energy in housing. That is wasteful both energy wise and environmentally insane.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

We all line up at 7:59 am every morning to commute to the great work hall, where we sit in cubicles and toil the hours away, some swiping screens or pulling levers, others pressing big red buttons on machines that they don't even understand, and wearing all the same outfit, supplied by the masters but only on loan; any damages will be recouped. for the next 8 hours we toil in silence, only the tapping of tablets or the grinding of gears to be heard. After 8 hours, we collect our personal items, and in silence return to the commute line, to end our long day of work. We pile on the vehicle, and once at home, alone, we nourish ourselves with the daily ration and then, rest... preparing for the next day, and one more day of labour.

Sounds neat to me, I wanna be eraserhead.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It would remove a major money laundering arm of TPTB.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
This! I agree so much.

I can only speak for my country (the Merkel one). She even said this, while on a visit in Argentinia, two years ago

In the context of self driving cars:

„Wir werden in 20 Jahren nur noch mit Sondererlaubnis selbstständig Auto fahren dürfen.“

Translation by me:
"In twenty years, we will only be allowed to drive by ourselves, with a permit".

In the context of individually owned cars, where it is hard to find the correct quote (roughly translated by me)
"I expect the individual traffic to be greatly reduced by 2025"

Years before the tone from the government was like this, if you were looking for a job:
"A 1 hour commute is to be seen bearable and normal".

This is not going to work in my country, where many have long commutes but are specialized in their field. Those people are not going to switch to picking up apples or harvest aspargus in the fields. They can only force us to move closer to our work and that is a big no-no here, since many do own houses and have ties to their region.

Currently, politics are doing their best job to ruin our country. The media greatly jumped on the Thunberg train... What do you want media? Fuel efficiency? Low CO2 emmisions? No fine grade dust? It is not possible to achieve all three things in one. If you screw with the fine grad dust (turbo motors, direct injectors) output, you screw with fuel efficiency in a negative way.

We can not have both. My impression is the media and politics is intentionally keeping silent about this because electro cars.

Those electro cars are junk and they are not good for the environment. At the same time, politics is shutting down coal and nuclear power plants that serve the ground load on the grid.

Fast forward into 2035: It is almost as if they are trying to pull the "Oh #, now we have the mess and have to deal with it, since the grid is overloaded and no combustion engines around, I guess we have to make some more laws that cut our freedom. In the name of Thunberg and mother earth.

I am for more environmental awareness but the ball is in the car manufactures hands now. They have been hiding patents left and right for the oil industry. Military probably, too. Because killing others is more important. Of course it is all in the name of defense.

Sorry I rambled away here...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

It would remove a major money laundering arm of TPTB.

well let's just take care of that BS right now .....

🤣 🤣
edit on Sep-15-2019 by xuenchen because: 🤣🤣

edit on Sep-15-2019 by xuenchen because: 🤣🤣

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Some things take care of themselves.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join