It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object Crashes Into The North Side Of The Moon Captured Live

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

This video has been put together by an amateur astronomer who captured something large hitting the moon. From his estimates he puts the object that hit the moon at about 1 mile wide. Various filters are used to help clear the object and subsequent explosions.

To finish off the video he includes another video that was captured of something large passing by the sun.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

This is the coolest moon video ive ever seen. And most convincing at that.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

This video has been put together by an amateur astronomer who captured something large hitting the moon. From his estimates he puts the object that hit the moon at about 1 mile wide. Various filters are used to help clear the object and subsequent explosions.

To finish off the video he includes another video that was captured of something large passing by the sun.

Interesting videos. It's too bad the resolution is so bad. Whatever "hit/crashed" the moon is unidentifiable but it certainly looks huge. I wonder what Hubble would have shown. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

I wonder what Hubble would have shown

Never A Straight Answer is what I would expect. Hubble is supposedly not allowed to look at the moon. The reflection from the sun is too bright is what we are told. The chances of all the crashed UFOs, and alien foot prints getting out to the public is much from my perception.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Here’s an article about a meteoroid around 10 inches wide hitting the moon...

www.theatlantic.com...

1 mile wide would be quite significant.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Here’s an article about a meteoroid around 10 inches wide hitting the moon...

www.theatlantic.com...

1 mile wide would be quite significant.

Wouldnt a mile wide object impact spew stuff that would cause some crazy moon ring or a chunk seized by gravity to hit the Earth? Hmm Lack of sleep making me think weird things??

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Love the secureteam10 music.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The object passing by the sun was interesting as well. I wonder how fast it traveled and how large it was.

Regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

For something apparently so large, shouldn't it have caused more disruption? Ejecta and perhaps an energetic flash?

With the absence of such, the irregularity could have been an insect flying across the aperture of the telescope or a bird, or aircraft, far off in the sky.

There is nothing to identify scale or distance of the object. The assumption that a visual disturbance in a telescope image is at the maximum focii is unfounded. There is a lot of intervening distance which can also have objects that cross the aperture.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

I wonder what Hubble would have shown

Never A Straight Answer is what I would expect. Hubble is supposedly not allowed to look at the moon. The reflection from the sun is too bright is what we are told. The chances of all the crashed UFOs, and alien foot prints getting out to the public is much from my perception.

Ahh oh yeah thats right.. I forgot people think like this. Cheers.

hubblesite.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I don't think that's an object hitting the Moon, just something closer to the telescope that was passing in front of the Moon.

Such a large object hitting the Moon would create a clearly visible change that would have been seen by all other astronomers looking at the Moon at the time, and the supposed "explosions" would last longer than one second, as the energy involved would throw debris high and, with lower gravity, they would take longer to fall back to the Moon's surface than on Earth, and we don't see that on the video.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

It's easier to repeat a lie than thinking for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

It's easier to repeat a lie than thinking for ourselves.

It is. Oh I do lament the days when these things were in vogue, however. I did prefer a good debate (or argument) on these things, over the overly political climate of today.

I also agree with you that it appears to be something either passing in front of, or close to earth.. When I set up my telescope with the webcam (attached to my tablet, using usbcam) I can capture crystal clear images and footage, but no depth, obviously. It's a shame my telescope is a dobsonian, so no sooner than I get the moon in focus, it's scarpered off into oblivion.

Best hobby, but not for running to the public with discoveries, well, not for me... yet..

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've seen enough of "Bruce sees F all" videos to know he's 100% full of crap. He's apparently a computer programmer and has admitted to using his own cgi programs and filters galore to make things appear that aren't actually there. Call him out in his comments and you get blocked. He's a joke.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on CDT05America/Chicago496Sundayam2019-09-15T05:55:19-05:00kSun2019 by TheBlackDog because: Oops

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Take your phone out and start camera mode. Focus on something in the distance. Now hold your finger in front of the camera and make that photo.

You only see a blurry mess? That is what hubble would see, because it is looking far out there, focus far in the distance. I am not even sure if they could focus on such a relative close spot. It is like using binoculars and a fly lands on the lenses. You will not see the fly in focus, just a blurry blob.

Add: It turned out that Hubble is capable of this, so ignore my post. Nothing to see here...
edit on 15-9-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Thanks for the link to Hubble images of the moon. I got the perception that Hubble did not look at the moon from one thread here a while back.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Interesting share

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Really cool! Great thread!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
While it is certainly possible for something benign to hit the Moon in that clip it's ridiculous to think that something a mile wide hit it and that the clip is shown was the result of an object that big.

Any other reports from Astronomy sources?
Any other pics?
ANy other clips?

Nope and with something "1 mile wide" hitting something as relatively close as the Moon believe me there would be.

It's just silly talk.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join