It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto O'Rourke and AR-15s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So I have to ask, did Beto O'Rourke shoot himself in the foot?

Or did he lie to the people he wanted to vote for him?

This discussion about guns just boggles the mind that people don't get the Math of the problem. There are more than 9 million legitimate gun owners in this country. The FBI, the ATF, and the Police have better things to do than to take guns away from people who didn't do anything wrong.

I'm pretty sure only an idiot would entertain the idea that they can take away people's guns. The Supreme Court ruled against Chicago's gun ban. They would have to change or remove an Amendment to the Constitution.

I don't even own a gun and I get this.
edit on 15-9-2019 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
So I have to ask, did Beto O'Rourke shoot himself in the foot?

Or did he lie to the people he wanted to vote for him?

This discussion about guns just boggles the mind that people don't get the Math of the problem. There are more than 9 million gun owners in this country. The FBI and the ATF have better things to do than to take guns away from people who didn't do anything wrong.

I'm pretty sure only an idiot would entertain the idea that they can take away people's guns. The Supreme Court ruled against Chicago's gun ban. They would have to change or remove an Amendment to the Constitution.

I don't even own a gun and I get this.

Why can't it be both?
He's a liar and a moron....all in one.

And if you throw in a small round table from an eatery, he'll jump right up on it, while throwing his hands around and tell you anything he thinks you want to hear.

What more would you expect from a man that leaves his family to go all "walk about" and eat dirt after losing a regional election.

He's a laughing stock, even to his own family.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm going to leave this here...

Legal issues

On May 19, 1995, O'Rourke and his friends jumped over a fence at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) physical plant, and were arrested by the UTEP police for burglary. He was held in jail overnight and posted bail the following day. He was initially charged with burglary, but prosecutors dropped the case against O'Rourke and his friends in February 1996 when UTEP declined to pursue the charges.[43]

O'Rourke was arrested for driving while intoxicated on September 27, 1998, at 3:00 a.m. on Interstate 10 in Anthony, Texas. The charges were dismissed in October 1999 after he completed a court-recommended DWI program.[40][44] In response to criticism from a political opponent in 2005, O'Rourke said, "I've been open about it since the very beginning. I have owned up to it and I have taken responsibility for it."[43] He apologized and said he was "grateful for the second chance".[45][46]

A criminal that wants to take away the second Amendment....

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It looks like Beto is a stooge so the rest of the Democratic members don't look so silly. He has not thought out just how many people will be killed if a government program was to forcefully disarm the public. Some will cave and give up the weapons, others will go down fighting.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

There are more than 9 million legitimate gun owners in this country

Curious where you got that number from.

Best guess (nobody knows for sure) is 43% of households own a firearm.

A best guess for number of guns is over 350,000,000.

I would like to know where that 9 mil "legitimate" (whatever that means) came from.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Can you please quote where Beto said that??

I have never heard even a proposal to ban assault rifles that did not include a grandfather clause.. and with a grandfather clause OBVIOUSLY there is nothing to take..

Essentially making any “ban” really just them no longer manufacturing new ones without a specific license..

Something I think most people wouldn’t be against...

I’m guess that is why all the propaganda about them “coming to get your guns!” Is necessary..

“We wanna stop making new ones because there are already millions in circulation and assault rifle types really have no functional value...”

Just is not as easily fear mongered.

I can’t think of one conservative talking point that doesn’t apply to..

Gay marriage?? They will be marrying animals next!!

Gay adoptions?? They want to molest your children!!

Immigration??? They want rapists and murderers and totally open borders!!

I can’t think of one issue where the gop actually debates the policy proposed and not some silly slippery slope arguments with ZERO popular support.

edit on 15-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Can you please quote where Beto said that??

Here, from his own mouth (which I bet you already have seen).
You have to watch all the way to the end of the 1:12 video, I know that may be tough.

Was a good run robert but everyone knows you never go full R****d, go warm the bench now...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Nailed it, and then there's this guy.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I so hope Ol'Joe ends up being the nominee!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
I can’t think of one issue where the gop actually debates the policy proposed and not some silly slippery slope arguments with ZERO popular support.

Let me break it down for you:
I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States;
I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion

The first 10 amendments to the Constitution make up the Bill of Rights. James Madison wrote the amendments, which list specific prohibitions on governmental power, in response to calls from several states for greater constitutional protection for individual liberties. Bill of Rights

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Beto is a goddamned traitor ... to the people and the Law of the Land ... an Oath Breaker. Let him swing from a tall tree on a short piece of rope.

edit on 15-9-2019 by Deplorable because: Here's your popular support!!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Im not with Beto by any means, but the constitution was made a long time ago and it's not absurd to edit or change it in some ways. It's not a holy infallible document.

Gun confiscation is obviously stupid, but restricting certain guns isn't the equivalent of being a traitor. The constitution should change as history progresses.

Now wether that includes a semi-auto or auto AR restriction is up to the people. It's just a bit silly how we hold up the 2nd amendment wording as a holy infallible document.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure only an idiot would entertain the idea that they can take away people's guns.

Yep , that fits.
(bold by me for subject)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If you follow the Second, we the people should have the ability to own tanks and planes. If you follow the Constitution, we the people would need to be able to own tanks and planes.

So, the Second should be malleable because the government refused to follow the rules? Wouldn’t that in fact strengthen as to why the Second shouldn’t be malleable lest the rule breaking goes farther?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
the constitution was made a long time ago and it's not absurd to edit or change it in some ways

That document simply recognized we ... that's you and I ... have inalienable/unalienable rights.

Rights? Get it? You only lose rights when you have done something to have them taken away.

We're not limiting our discussion to law (the magically moving goalposts) here. We're talking about rights.

Beto has moved against our rights. One of the other 'given' sets of rights, the ones concerning life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness ... maybe in Beto's case ... those rights need to be taken away. The dud violated his oath. Taking an oath used to mean something.

edit on 15-9-2019 by Deplorable because: Because Beto's real name is just Bobby

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Hmmm... maybe the second needs to be rewritten so it isn't malleable to the whims of politicians.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Hmm.. but aren't "rights" what men deem them to be? The "unalienable rights" are still just words that people wrote and agreed to follow. They are words which can be rewrittand changed.

The bill of "rights" was written and made into law by slave owners. So it's not like they were the picture of saints.

Saying you want to edit the bill of rights is not treasonous if you do so through the system. However, without editing or making new laws, taking away guns might be illegal (even treasonous).

So im guessing beto would want to change the second amendment.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Can you at least try to educate yourself on the philosophy that went into the creation of the constitution?

This whole iT WaS wrITteN bY SlAve OwNeRs crap doesn't cut it.

edit on 9 15 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The first bit of gun control wasn’t until 1934 under FDR, outlawed owning full automatics, suppressors, short barrel rifles and short barrel shotguns, also trench knives. Happened after outlawing private ownership of gold, funny that.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Im not bashing the constitution or denying the philosophy that went into it. But slave owners does matter because it clearly shows their idea of equality and rights was far from perfect.

I don't believe owning slaves negates everything, but they clearly had a warped version of equality.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Interesting.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join