Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Question I've Been Afraid to Ask, For Fear of Sounding Like a Real Idiot....But Then Again, No

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Now some of you guys know that I haven't read the Bible, nor am I much inclined to. However, I have heard/read so much mention of the anti-christ lately, that I got curious.

Is the anti-christ the same as satin? Or is it a different entity? I'm serious, I'd like to know, just because I would like to know.

Any answer out there?

[edit on 3/6/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The anti-christ is the polar opposite of christ, therefore we can conclude that it is the devils so

I think christiocatholicism considers them "devil anti-christ" to be 2 different things.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The anti-christ varies from a general term for one that rejects the knowledge of Christ with full understanding of it and chooses to work against it, to an actual figure in the end days. This figure is supposed to come with a message of peace and start the unification of nations and religions until he recieves a head wound and survives it only to be fully possessed by Satan. So essentually the anti-christ is the earthly embodiement of satan as Christ is the earthly embodiement and son of God. Of course then again there is also some suggestion that Revelations is an allegory to the Roman world and that the Anti-Christ was Nero, though I don't remember him getting up after stabbing himself in the throat and I guess he aimed a little low.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Supposed to be the evil of all evil to take down the world in a final good vs evil battle on earth, but god will win in the end and anyone that doesn't believe in "the Christian" God/Jesus will fall with him.....he is to be Satan or some of Satan.....there are a lot of signs given in the bible to let you know the time is near, problem is, that these things that are to happen to let you know, have always been around and have happened since time began....so every generation claims the time is near....

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The "anti-Christ" can be interpreted as one of many things. Some circles paint the anti-Christ as an individual, some as a group. In either case, it is the Luciferic veriation of the Holy Trinity with Lucifer as the "Father", the False Prophet as the "Holy Ghost", and the Anti-Christ in the role of the physical form of Lucifer, and a type of redeemer.

Popular modern Christian beliefs point to the passage from Daniel that describes the head with ten horns and the smaller horn that sprouts up among them as being the Ten Kings of the final World Empire with the Anti-Christ as their head. Passages from Revelation talk about these "Ten Kings" as well, even going as far as to say that three of them will be cut from them.

I think (and this is my personal thoughts on the matter) that the Anti-Christ is a Nation and a Man. Thats just what I believe.

Also: The idea that Lucifer will posses the Anti-Christ after he's recieved his head wound is not found anywhere in Scripture. Thats a popular misconception that has been overly-popularised by the "Left Behind" books. I think the Anti-Christ will know who he is, and what he's meant to do long before he gets the wound.

But that's just me...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat

Is the anti-christ the same as satin? Or is it a different entity?

[edit on 3/6/2005 by CyberKat]

the device that Christian faiths use is: One part of the God Trinity became the flesh & blood 'Christ', then died as a planned martyr as the 'ultimate sacrifice'...

(therefore the Anti-Christ, must become the opposite in every way)

i.e. a flesh & blood person (~man or +woman or ?androgenous?****4 stars)
will 'die' unexpectedly and become reanimated, super-naturally...via whatever Anti-God is...opposing religions, Lucifer/Satan, Science thru
cyborg technology?

theres a bunch more 'filler' to the story, depending on the direction the
storyteller wants to lead you to, or the lesson they wish to impress upon you

this is my reductionist view
i'm sure it disagrees with all those 'learned' and the 'faithfull'
keep expanding your data bases

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKatIs the anti-christ the same as satin? Or is it a different entity? I'm serious, I'd like to know, just because I would like to know.
It is important that you understand first and foremost the definition given to the anti-Christ in the Bible by a direct apostle of Jesus, which is found in John I & II, is anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ.

Paul who never met Jesus, muddied the waters by proclaiming a son of perdition will come to oppose God. He specifically mentions God being opposed and not Jesus.

Over the centuries, the story was morphed into Revelation and Daniel as having spoken about an anti-Christ, which is simply just a Christian interpretation of the beasts described within those two books and has no basis in fact.

[edit on 3/6/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, I have always considered the anti-Christ to be Satan in a human form.

The "Anti-Christ" in a sense, would be Satan's messenger, (or perhaps Satan in human form?), to the human populace.

-wD

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Satin is a fabric not an anti christ,

There are many "anti christs" but Revelations (written by John, the diciple of Jesus) speaks of one specific individual who will come in the last days, an ultimate "antichrist" who will fight agains the christians and manage to kill many of them .

Satan, however is /was an angel, different individual, obviously though working in accord with the anti christ.

Odd

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
the battle at Armageddon will be fought by good and evil, not by Christian and non-Christian.

there is only one mountain, but many roads reach the summit.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Rather than telling you what "I Think" how about you read the text for yourself, (provided below), and come to your own conclusion. There are only a few references to "AntiChrist" used in the Bible so it's not too extensive.

Bible references of "AntiChrist/AntiChristos".

1John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

For another very informative piece of info try going here and reading the small section under "Thayler's Lexicon".
www.blueletterbible.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well the one you are probably reffering to is the Antichrist and the Beast at the end times, which I wouldn;t worry about if I were you, most of us will be dead by then as he/she/it wont come until after the Seven Seals and Seven Trumpets, so I'd be more concerned about them.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Satin is a fabric not an anti christ,

There are many "anti christs" but Revelations (written by John, the diciple of Jesus)

And a diciple is a misspelled word, Not a disciple of jesus.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The anti-christ is supposed to be the incanation of the devil into human form.

new topics

top topics

join